The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Vintage Rebellion Podcast - Episode 19 and beyond

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Richard_H
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant

The Vintage Rebellion Podcast  - Episode 19 and beyond - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Vintage Rebellion Podcast - Episode 19 and beyond   The Vintage Rebellion Podcast  - Episode 19 and beyond - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 03, 2015 12:23 pm

AJ won't be able to understand our accents. They speak funny down there. And after tonight's match he may not be online for a while :buzzing:
Back to top Go down
Richard_H
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: The Vintage Rebellion Podcast - Episode 19 and beyond   The Vintage Rebellion Podcast  - Episode 19 and beyond - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2015 2:21 pm

Hey guys,

Just to let you know our latest episode is out. We've two great interviews this month:

1. Gus Lopez talking about his recent find (A Jawa Sandcrawler wooden pattern!) and teasing other items
2. Stephane Faucort talking about his books, Meccano and Trilogo collecting in France

Together with looks at the recent 40 years Kenner designer interview, and Palitoy workers re-visiting the factory for the first time in.... a long time! We've also the regular features such as newest acquisitions, market watch and crap tv ads. Enjoy Very Happy

http://swtvrpodcast.podbean.com/e/episode-18-the-french-connection/

Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: The Vintage Rebellion Podcast - Episode 19 and beyond   The Vintage Rebellion Podcast  - Episode 19 and beyond - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2015 2:25 pm

Cant wait to listen!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: The Vintage Rebellion Podcast - Episode 19 and beyond   The Vintage Rebellion Podcast  - Episode 19 and beyond - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2015 2:32 pm

Thanks for posting the link Rich cheers
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: The Vintage Rebellion Podcast - Episode 19 and beyond   The Vintage Rebellion Podcast  - Episode 19 and beyond - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2015 2:38 pm

Sweet. Thanks for posting the link. Keep up the great work. I must give this a listen as I had no idea Gus unearthed things recently (like his collection needed more rare specialty stuff Very Happy ).
Back to top Go down
Richard_H
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: The Vintage Rebellion Podcast - Episode 19 and beyond   The Vintage Rebellion Podcast  - Episode 19 and beyond - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2015 2:49 pm

You really need to see the beauty of this...

http://www.starwars.com/news/jawa-joy-kenners-sandcrawler-pattern-unearthed

Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: The Vintage Rebellion Podcast - Episode 19 and beyond   The Vintage Rebellion Podcast  - Episode 19 and beyond - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2015 3:18 pm

That is really cool.  Is the front of the sandcrawler missing or did he get it also and it just isn't in the pics?  I saw the door that goes over the front, but the actual piece the door would sit one seemed to be not there.  Neat to see the detail that they achieved in wood work and were able to translate to plastic.  The article makes mention of other patterns also. What else was discovered do you know? Thanks for sharing that also Rich.
Back to top Go down
Richard_H
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: The Vintage Rebellion Podcast - Episode 19 and beyond   The Vintage Rebellion Podcast  - Episode 19 and beyond - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2015 4:06 pm

That's all there was of the sandcrawler. He teased other pieces in the interview but gave nothing away. He mentioned that wooden patterns existed for MF, diecast and other items but no specifics as to what else he has yet.
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: The Vintage Rebellion Podcast - Episode 19 and beyond   The Vintage Rebellion Podcast  - Episode 19 and beyond - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2015 10:48 am

Congrats guys on another quality production  cheers  I enjoyed the interviews with Gus and Stephane.

My Cantina crew list is:

* Hammerhead
* Greedo
* Wally
* Red Snag

Regarding the female sci-fi costumes, I always thought Oola looked cool,

The Vintage Rebellion Podcast  - Episode 19 and beyond - Page 2 Oola_l10

The Vintage Rebellion Podcast  - Episode 19 and beyond - Page 2 Oola_210

And I love the punky/goth style of Daryl Hannah in Blade Runner

The Vintage Rebellion Podcast  - Episode 19 and beyond - Page 2 Daryl_10

The Vintage Rebellion Podcast  - Episode 19 and beyond - Page 2 Blade_10
Back to top Go down
Richard_H
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: The Vintage Rebellion Podcast - Episode 19 and beyond   The Vintage Rebellion Podcast  - Episode 19 and beyond - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2015 1:35 pm

Hmmm........ Daryl Hannah.

I missed Diana from V. That was an obvious miss.
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: The Vintage Rebellion Podcast - Episode 19 and beyond   The Vintage Rebellion Podcast  - Episode 19 and beyond - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2015 6:06 pm

Paul, if it is ok with Rich can we change the title of this thread to just Vintage Rebellion Podcast and then add it to the sticky of useful threads at the top? This is a thread that will be updated quite a bit with new podcast and if Rich is ok with it (as the main man for podcast here) then perhaps he can continue to just update this thread when new podcasts come out and not have to make new ones; and with it in the useful thread sticky it can be found easily by anyone who might want to listen in.

Back to top Go down
Commander Clint
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Commander Clint

PostSubject: Re: The Vintage Rebellion Podcast - Episode 19 and beyond   The Vintage Rebellion Podcast  - Episode 19 and beyond - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 30, 2015 11:31 am

Just finished listening to the latest episode. Great interviews with Stephane & Gus.cheers

Well done guys. :clap:
Back to top Go down
Richard_H
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: The Vintage Rebellion Podcast - Episode 19 and beyond   The Vintage Rebellion Podcast  - Episode 19 and beyond - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 30, 2015 12:19 pm

Cheers guys,

yeah Bryan one thread is better than starting new ones off. Keeps things tidy.
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: The Vintage Rebellion Podcast - Episode 19 and beyond   The Vintage Rebellion Podcast  - Episode 19 and beyond - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 30, 2015 2:58 pm

Rich, I retitled this to episode 18 and beyond. That gives it the starting point and you can just update this one when new ones come out. Paul said he will add it to the sticky of useful threads we have here in the vintage section. I am currently listening to the latest one and have listened to the one with John in it a few times. Great stuff and keep up the good work.
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: The Vintage Rebellion Podcast - Episode 19 and beyond   The Vintage Rebellion Podcast  - Episode 19 and beyond - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 30, 2015 3:00 pm

I've added the podcast thread to our reference sticky: http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t8072-tig-reference-guides-check-this-thread-for-great-guides-on-ledy-poch-pbp-glasslite-droids-pre-production-fotw-and-more#139812
Back to top Go down
Jez
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
Jez

PostSubject: Re: The Vintage Rebellion Podcast - Episode 19 and beyond   The Vintage Rebellion Podcast  - Episode 19 and beyond - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2015 2:20 pm

Thanks for making this a sticky. Hopefully TIG will be a permanent fixture of my New Acquisitions section, i enjoyed mentioning; Walkie, Master Tyvokka, Darthberizing and Jedi June this time.
I'll be checking out your latest purchases for the last month over the next week or so but if you see anything worthy of mention please be sure to let me know.
Cheers,
Back to top Go down
Richard_H
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: The Vintage Rebellion Podcast - Episode 19 and beyond   The Vintage Rebellion Podcast  - Episode 19 and beyond - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2015 4:40 pm

Hey guys, we've just wrapped on Episode 19 and one of the tip offs we got from a listener has solidified an idea we've been toying with. We thought it'd be a good idea to have a series of episodes spread out over a long period of time which are themed. One of the things we're intrigued by is PBP, so we've decided that an episode earlier in the New Year will be Spanish themed. If anyone has any great POCH/PBP stories, collections, ideas (even if you don't think it's that great we're an inclusive podcast afterall) then we'd like to hear from you. You can come on the show for an interview, roundtable, or even just pass information to us if you're rather not hear your own voice on a cast! If it goes well - then we'd probably repeat it with Harbert and other foreign licensees as and when. Let us know what you think.
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: The Vintage Rebellion Podcast - Episode 19 and beyond   The Vintage Rebellion Podcast  - Episode 19 and beyond - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2015 5:00 pm

Rich, you need to try to reach out to Javi. He is working a book for pbp/poch stuff so may not reveal to much, but he is the go to for knowledge on the line. Wolff also has a lot of Spanish production knowledge. Marco from here had some great running theories. Kenneth b also has a ton of Spanish knowledge. Bill is currently collecting Spanish stuff. I think a lot of us dabble in the line, but beyond the easy figures only a few guys dive/dove in like these guys.
Back to top Go down
Richard_H
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: The Vintage Rebellion Podcast - Episode 19 and beyond   The Vintage Rebellion Podcast  - Episode 19 and beyond - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2015 3:51 pm

Thanks Bryan I'll contact them.
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: The Vintage Rebellion Podcast - Episode 19 and beyond   The Vintage Rebellion Podcast  - Episode 19 and beyond - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2015 4:46 pm

Javi would be the best since he has a book he is trying to get out.  His username is javiswspain or something similar to that.  Kenneth and wolf aren't on here anymore though I think maybe they still check in from time to time.  Marco is still around.  Bill is hellhippie.

Since it could be an issue I will say I am not sure which guys are English as their first language and which speak something else.  (They all communicate in the forum here in English) Wollf is German so may speak that, Javi is from Spain so may speak Spanish, Marco is Dutch I think so not sure if English is primary language or not.  Kenneth is from the UK and Bill is in the US.  

Even if a translator needs to be used these guys all have great knowledge of the Spanish line though so I recommend them, I am sure there are others as well but these are the ones I am familiar with.
Back to top Go down
Richard_H
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: The Vintage Rebellion Podcast - Episode 19 and beyond   The Vintage Rebellion Podcast  - Episode 19 and beyond - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 26, 2015 6:44 pm

Slightly later than we'd like Episode 19 is out now.

http://swtvrpodcast.podbean.com/e/episode-19-dyer-another-day/

Laurence Dyer joins Stuart for this months interview to discuss his research into the Palitoy Warehouse that his Grandad designed, Laurence also talks about his personal collecting as well as explaining why he has a love for the Amanaman figure.
Richard is joined by Chris Fawcett, James Simkins and Eric Green as he finds out the back story of the recent amazing haul, dubbed 'The Big Pick'.
Jared Cope returns to the podcast during the market section to talk more about his Star Wars Tracker with Pete and Jez hooks up for a second discussion with lasts months Guest Malcolm Tween as they delve into Malcolms other artwork.
All this plus the usual popular Rebel Briefings and Newest Acquisitions sections as well as the high jinx from the crew. All this plus much much more on your favourite Vintage Star Wars collecting podcast.
It's true, all of it!
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: The Vintage Rebellion Podcast - Episode 19 and beyond   The Vintage Rebellion Podcast  - Episode 19 and beyond - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2015 2:47 am

lol! No excuse for such lateness.

Cool. That's the weekend listening pleasure sorted cheers
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: The Vintage Rebellion Podcast - Episode 19 and beyond   The Vintage Rebellion Podcast  - Episode 19 and beyond - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2015 12:54 pm

I'm about half way through and have enjoyed the show so far.
For items found in an offy that could represent a SW figure I found a great one for R5-D4, it's even Star Wars related!

lol!

The Vintage Rebellion Podcast  - Episode 19 and beyond - Page 2 Images11

Rich, how did you manage to morph so seamlessly into Tucker Jenkins like that Smile  Good to hear the theme to Grange Hill and it rememinded of why I have remained confused all these years that the other TV show 'Give Us A Clue' used the same music unsure
Well, according to Wikipedia the music was available from the 'Themes International music library' and both shows decided to use it. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grange_Hill#Theme_music

Also enjoying Jez's roundups of the forums and FB latest acquisitions cheers
Back to top Go down
Richard_H
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: The Vintage Rebellion Podcast - Episode 19 and beyond   The Vintage Rebellion Podcast  - Episode 19 and beyond - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2015 3:44 pm

Good shout, and I never knew that about Grange Hill's theme tune.

Wow - you recognised by Geordie Twang through Tucker's voice? lol! Guess my accent is thick Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: The Vintage Rebellion Podcast - Episode 19 and beyond   The Vintage Rebellion Podcast  - Episode 19 and beyond - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2015 4:07 am

Finished this weekend so well done again guys on another excellent show. Enjoyed listening to the interviews about the Big Pick which I first heard about on the Chive Cast so well done for getting Eric, Steve and James on the show.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Vintage Rebellion Podcast - Episode 19 and beyond   The Vintage Rebellion Podcast  - Episode 19 and beyond - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Vintage Rebellion Podcast - Episode 19 and beyond

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next