The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Something that was extremely scary happened to me tonight

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
arohk
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
arohk

Something that was extremely scary happened to me tonight   Empty
PostSubject: Something that was extremely scary happened to me tonight    Something that was extremely scary happened to me tonight   I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 15, 2015 4:04 am

Hey all not really sure how to post this as it was something horrorfying that happened to me tonight and afterwards it really got me thinking about lots of things.

I had a close call tonight that could have ended very badly if not for a dear friend of mine. Me and my wife and a few friends went out this evening for a group meeting, We have a Pagan group that meets once a month at a local restaurant, anyway when the food arrived we were still talking and enjoying the evening when I took a bite of my beef dip the unexpected happened two pieces decided to go down the wrong pipe first I just coughed a bit normally to try to dislodge it, but then I realized I had a bigger issue as it wasn't clearing and ended up going down further and at which point I started to gasp and then stopped breathing, everyone around me froze except for my friend Beth who realized the extreme trouble I was now in. She first tried giving me a few pats on the back to see if would help clear it, but then I stopped breathing she acted fast it took about a minute and a half of her doing the Heimlich Maneuver to get both pieces out, I then started breathing at which point I sat and slowly tried to get me breath it took a few minutes but thanks to her I am here to write this. I have been in some situation where I seen horrible things and risked my life numerous times. But for the first time in my life I was truly scared of dying, All my wife could do was sit and watch in terror. I am ok now still shacking a bit and tired,
I didn't need to go to the hospital or anything though. But had she not been there I honestly am not sure what the outcome would have been.

One of the things I thought about after was how fast your life could truly end, and not having a chance to say goodbye to anyone and things like that. I also thought about all you guys and how much you all mean to me as my extended family, I never really say much when it come to how I feel about people, but this made me realize that I could have died tonight, And it's time to change the way I view life now.

I want to say to you all those I have known since I joined this forum you have all helped me out in more ways then just questions about collecting you have been there when I needed to vent or just needed someone to talk to. I want to get to know you all better some I already do those guys are closer then my real family are to me those who have joined in the past year or months I am slowly getting to know you more as well. I enjoy talking to you all here and just seeing your collections and builds and of course The Chicken Shack House of Horrors is just awesome to see how James tops the year before.

In short all of you guys are truly the best mates anyone could ever want to know and I am truly a blessed man to belong to such a great family. Thank you for everything you have done for me and my wife as well over the years, All the times I felt truly down I knew I could come here and find some amusing thing to make me laugh. The Love and respect I have for each and everyone of you will never change you are all great human beings never change the way you are as this world need people like you all.

Take care everyone and thanks for being my extended family even if we are a bit dysfunctional and crazy Smile
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Something that was extremely scary happened to me tonight    Something that was extremely scary happened to me tonight   I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 15, 2015 12:52 pm

Larry, you already know what I think, but for those that don't we have a family atmosphere here for the most part. We are brothers from another mother kind of people and all do our best to help one another. Yes we do have quarrels, but no more than the average kind of families right? (That is why some family members only get to be seen at thanksgiving or Christmas). Thank goodness your friend had the knowledge and ability to help you. Glad your ok. A close call like that is scary as hell.

I have caviar dreams and McDonald's pockets
Back to top Go down
arohk
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
arohk

PostSubject: Re: Something that was extremely scary happened to me tonight    Something that was extremely scary happened to me tonight   I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 15, 2015 6:08 pm

It was one of those eye opener moments that I hope not to repeat anytime soon. I just realized how fast it could all end and needless to say was shaken up to the point I didn't fall to sleep til about 4 AM this morning.

I can't ask for better friends like I have here and on some of the facebook groups a majority from here are there as well, I just had to make sure I told everyone how I felt and I was most likely still in shock for most of the night. But I do feel fine today a bit of a sore throat and stuff but glad to be alive.
Back to top Go down
ourchickenshack
Force Addict
Force Addict
ourchickenshack

PostSubject: Re: Something that was extremely scary happened to me tonight    Something that was extremely scary happened to me tonight   I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 15, 2015 8:06 pm

Something that was extremely scary happened to me tonight   C451ea10

Glad your still with us Larry cheers
Back to top Go down
arohk
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
arohk

PostSubject: Re: Something that was extremely scary happened to me tonight    Something that was extremely scary happened to me tonight   I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 15, 2015 9:11 pm

Thanks Bro, now I know how Admiral Motti felt Smile. Not to mention I would have missed Star Wars Episode 7 and that just can't happen Smile.
Something that was extremely scary happened to me tonight   Admira10
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Something that was extremely scary happened to me tonight    Something that was extremely scary happened to me tonight   I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 16, 2015 3:14 am

Larry, glad you're still here to tell the tale man phew  
Good job your friend kept a cool head.

Reminds me of the Ren and Stimpy episode The Last Tempatation when Ren chokes on a giant cluster of oatmeal and has an out of body life-evaluation moment

Something that was extremely scary happened to me tonight   Tlt_re10

Or it's a sign for you to cut back a bit on eating meat thinking

Maybe try liquid food just to be safe?

lol!

Something that was extremely scary happened to me tonight   Booze10

thevintagetoyadvertiser.org 1970s and 80s vintage toy ads and other retro paperworks

imperialgunnery.com Vintage Star Wars action figure weapons and accessories guide
Back to top Go down
Commander Clint
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Commander Clint

PostSubject: Re: Something that was extremely scary happened to me tonight    Something that was extremely scary happened to me tonight   I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 16, 2015 6:10 pm

Larry, I'm just glad to hear that your all right. :clap:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Something that was extremely scary happened to me tonight    Something that was extremely scary happened to me tonight   I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Something that was extremely scary happened to me tonight

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1