The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Metallic blue bespin blaster...goes with what?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
CorporateSlave
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer

Metallic blue bespin blaster...goes with what? Empty
PostSubject: Metallic blue bespin blaster...goes with what?   Metallic blue bespin blaster...goes with what? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2015 4:40 pm

Just saw a "thread" on facebook inquiring about if a metallic blue bespin blaster went with a particular Lando figure, and got me wondering, what figures ever did come with that blaster?  The only ones I've ever seen with it for sale are PBP DBRS, but did it come with other PBP/Poch figures?
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Metallic blue bespin blaster...goes with what?   Metallic blue bespin blaster...goes with what? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2015 4:54 pm

http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t5446p15-help-identifying-a-metallic-bespin-blaster?highlight=Metallic+blaster

This is an older thread. Goes off topic a bit, but if you read lee's response you can see it was in all of Europe. The linked to trilogo thread in this also shows the blaster on carded samples of squid head, Lando, dark brown rebel soldier.

Back to top Go down
hellhippie
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
hellhippie

PostSubject: Re: Metallic blue bespin blaster...goes with what?   Metallic blue bespin blaster...goes with what? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2015 4:55 pm

so much hype about this blaster since that ebay auction from solance forever , that being said it is rare. we all know that . besides the dbrs black neck lando I think came with one but im no expert
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Metallic blue bespin blaster...goes with what?   Metallic blue bespin blaster...goes with what? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2015 5:08 pm

These have been found and confirmed with pictures on the trilogo linked thread to have been with dbrs, Lando bespin, squidhead.  No picture but possibly came with at at commander.  Basically they are found on pbp cards, but also on trilogo cards so they can be throughout much of Europe.  Also on that trilogo thread is a picture of an Irish 3 pack with a regular Lando (not black neck) that has the metallic blaster.  They are rare and were sought after before his sale happened, just his sale pushed them out in front with the large final number.

Last edited by trappedtexan on Fri Jul 10, 2015 5:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: Metallic blue bespin blaster...goes with what?   Metallic blue bespin blaster...goes with what? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2015 5:45 pm

from what I've seen, it also came with PBP and POCH landos
Back to top Go down
Nico
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Nico

PostSubject: Re: Metallic blue bespin blaster...goes with what?   Metallic blue bespin blaster...goes with what? I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 9:11 am

Mine came with a PBP Lando Very Happy
Back to top Go down
CorporateSlave
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer

PostSubject: Re: Metallic blue bespin blaster...goes with what?   Metallic blue bespin blaster...goes with what? I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 12:28 pm

Thanks for the replies guys, figured that might be the case. Makes me wonder if it is really all that "rare" or just "rarely comes to market" kind of rare. I guess either way counts!
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Metallic blue bespin blaster...goes with what?   Metallic blue bespin blaster...goes with what? I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 6:17 pm

To be honest, I don't know the rarity factor.  To me this is one of those under the radar type things.   If it came with your childhood figure and your selling said figure do you know that this blaster is different from others?  It is such a small thing, does somebody even notice it if they don't have the foreknowledge it is different?  We as collectors know and some may search for this, but even knowing about it I haven't specifically tried to find this blaster or a figure with this blaster.  

I think a lot of the perception of rare figures is just the fact that this is the perception of what is there.  I know for instance that a poch bossk was listed on eBay as just a bossk.  Most likely the seller had this from childhood and didn't know it was any different from any other bossk out there.  Some seem rare like the harder to find ledy figures and these poch figures, but is it they are rare or just the examples known to the forums and collectors on the forums are rare? I have read threads where some said yak face was considered rare, yet in the UK he wasn't deemed all that rare and any given day he is all over eBay.  To those of us in the u.s. he is rarer, but he wasn't really released here other than some overstock trilogos that appeared towards the end of the line at stores like KB Toys.  I think a lot of rarity is based on location for some of these things.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Metallic blue bespin blaster...goes with what?   Metallic blue bespin blaster...goes with what? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Metallic blue bespin blaster...goes with what?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1