The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Need help verifying DT Luke saber

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
DarthChuckMc
New User
New User

Need help verifying DT Luke saber Empty
PostSubject: Need help verifying DT Luke saber   Need help verifying DT Luke saber I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2015 7:45 pm

Hi,
I have a fellow on FB that wants to sell a farmboy Luke with a DT saber, but he doesn't know if it's absolutely real. He sent me pictures, and says the handle reads "EE" or "LE", he's not 100% sure.
He bought a Star Wars mini-action figure case at a yard sale (filled with near mint figures including blue Snag). He doesn't collect vintage, and just wants to sell. I helped him research prices on eBay, and it looks like it could sell for around $550-600 easy....if it's real.
I posted pictures in the TIG FB page if you'd like to let me know what you think.
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: Need help verifying DT Luke saber   Need help verifying DT Luke saber I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2015 8:05 pm

Hi,  is this the only picture?
Need help verifying DT Luke saber 10393673_10206737046882893_5485325381971639223_n
Back to top Go down
DarthChuckMc
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: Need help verifying DT Luke saber   Need help verifying DT Luke saber I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2015 8:14 pm

There's one other close up of just the saber
Back to top Go down
DarthChuckMc
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: Need help verifying DT Luke saber   Need help verifying DT Luke saber I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2015 8:36 pm

Need help verifying DT Luke saber Image12
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Need help verifying DT Luke saber   Need help verifying DT Luke saber I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2015 9:26 pm

Wow, your a new user and you can post photos? Mods make a note that maybe the forum restriction isn't in all sections. This is not a bad thing towards you chuck, just that everytime someone comes and wants to post pics they can't because there is a restriction of 10 days or something like that.

On to the Luke. The saber is either not extended fully or is broken short as the inner should be longer than is seen in the photos. Can't really see the lettering on the saber, but more pics would for sure help. Need one taken straight on from the rear also. This should show the inner inside of the outer for the rear so we can see the oval shape of the outer. Also pics from the top to see if there are any mold tree break points that may line up with known examples. As of right now nothing screams fake, but without more pictures there is no way to be 100 percent certain. One of the best guys to ask on dt sabers is Bill McBride. A few of guys on the board can make our best educated guess, but I would defer to Bill as he has exponentially more experience with these than me.
Back to top Go down
DarthChuckMc
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: Need help verifying DT Luke saber   Need help verifying DT Luke saber I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2015 10:34 pm

Thanks, Bryan. I thought about messaging Bill. I know he focuses on Vader, but wasn't sure about DTs as much.
I'll ask the seller if he can get a few top view and rear view shots. He's blown away that he has it. He knew the Luke looked nice, and was ready to sell it in a lot. I told him I thought it was DT based on a crappy photo, and sure enough, he sent me these to help him confirm. I helped him research to make sure he wasn't getting taken by anyone. He couldn't believe his luck when I told him what he had. The blue Snaggletooth is impressive, too. The Ben and Vader are near dead mint, but both have regular sabers.
I'll see if I can post the blue Snag pic, too.
Back to top Go down
DarthChuckMc
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: Need help verifying DT Luke saber   Need help verifying DT Luke saber I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2015 10:36 pm

Need help verifying DT Luke saber Image13
Back to top Go down
DarthChuckMc
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: Need help verifying DT Luke saber   Need help verifying DT Luke saber I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2015 10:37 pm

Need help verifying DT Luke saber Image14
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Need help verifying DT Luke saber   Need help verifying DT Luke saber I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2015 10:46 pm

Did he have multiple blue snags?  These two don't seem the same?  The wear at the top of the left leg boot doesn't look the same in both pics.  Possible lighting issue, but I can see blue on the second pic on the top ridge and the first pic looks like the silver is still there.

Edit*looking at the photos again I think the lighting in the first pic is what is causing the confusion. Really poorly lit photo. This is in really nice shape. You know the imperial/stormtrooper blaster is incorrect for this figure. The blaster from the first photo looks correct. If memory serves should be the black not blue black weapon. But it has been a while so you might have to recheck that.
Back to top Go down
DarthChuckMc
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: Need help verifying DT Luke saber   Need help verifying DT Luke saber I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2015 10:59 pm

Yeah, same Snag. He sent the pic with the Imperial blaster first. I told him it needed a dark blue almost black Han pistol and he shot a new pic. Smile
I think he wants $650 for the pair, but is waiting to confirm the authenticity of the saber first. He doesn't want to sell something falsely.
Back to top Go down
DarthChuckMc
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: Need help verifying DT Luke saber   Need help verifying DT Luke saber I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2015 11:01 pm

Look at this Leia he has, too.

Need help verifying DT Luke saber Image15
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Need help verifying DT Luke saber   Need help verifying DT Luke saber I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2015 11:12 pm

I haven't kept up with current market on these, but the way things are going I would bet the pair at that price is a heck of a deal (if the saber is authentic). Basically the blue snag for free or close to free. Bill is on here under his sithtoys id. Might shoot him a pm. He doesn't log into TIG as much as other forums, but he should have his email on the contact page or a pm will send an alert to his email anyway. Another guy to ask is Jay (psybertech) as he has a Luke farmboy focus and studied up on the Luke dt pretty good. I know some and have one, but am not all that great. A large amount will depend on the photos and the clarity. They need to be clear, and well lit as well as sharp details like the better pic of the snaggletooth. Also if the saber is out of the arm or back I. The arm or whatever, tell the guy to leave it as is if possible. The Luke sabers are t as brittle as the vader or Ben, but a lot of dt sabers have been snapped by just putting them back in or taking them out of the arm slot.
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Need help verifying DT Luke saber   Need help verifying DT Luke saber I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2015 11:15 pm

DarthChuckMc wrote:
Look at this Leia he has, too.

Need help verifying DT Luke saber Image15

Looks like he found a good minty lot. She is beginning to turn pink on the legs it looks like, but that is plastic degradation and not much can be done about that.
Back to top Go down
hellhippie
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
hellhippie

PostSubject: Re: Need help verifying DT Luke saber   Need help verifying DT Luke saber I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2015 9:38 pm

that blue snag is in really good shape . hope all this works out for you .
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need help verifying DT Luke saber   Need help verifying DT Luke saber I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Need help verifying DT Luke saber

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1