The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Beware Ebay seller: designer251975 sells MOC's with undisclosed repair!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
DarthStanley
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
DarthStanley

Beware Ebay seller: designer251975 sells MOC's with undisclosed repair! Empty
PostSubject: Beware Ebay seller: designer251975 sells MOC's with undisclosed repair!   Beware Ebay seller: designer251975 sells MOC's with undisclosed repair! I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2015 10:43 am

Hi guys,

Just a heads up to avoid dealing with this USA Ebay seller: designer251975 who sold me a Lobot MOC with an undisclosed repair!: roll:

I spotted a Lobot MOC that i needed for my focus on Ebay USA & Iain kindly bought it for me & posted it on.The seller said that the only issue was a slight bubble indentations so after looking at it closely,i went ahead & bought it.When Iain received it,he give the bubble a quick onceover & posted it on to me! Cool

Here is his original listing:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Star-Wars-1982-Kenner-Empire-Strikes-Back-Lobot-action-figure-/131481857079?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2047675.l2557&nma=true&si=MRR7gJ14KA8JQQc2xOUpYIkHD60%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

Here is a pic of the undisclosed repair which stuck out like a sore thumb when i received it!

Beware Ebay seller: designer251975 sells MOC's with undisclosed repair! SAM_4994_zpsvwxkhfvs

Here is the message i sent the seller which i thought was more than reasonable:

Hi,

A friend of mine bought your Lobot 48back MOC on my behalf as i live in the UK & on receiving it,there has been a repair to the card just above the bubble where another piece of cardback has been cut & stuck on likely to cover a rip/tear.I was wondering why this repair was not disclosed in the description as i would never have bought it if i had known & would you be prepared to offer a partial refund in regards to the damage?

Your help with this matter would be greatly appreciated,

Best regards

Mark

Here is the sellers reply!

As a reputable eBay seller, I disclose all information that is known to every single item that I sell. I inspected the LOBOT card and action figure that was purchased and described everything I observed and knew about the item. I do not deceive or mislead any potential buyer, never did never will. I do not know why this is barely being brought to my attention now, when this item was purchased some time ago. And I also put in my disclaimer that all items are purchased in 'as is' condition, I do not give refunds or exchanges. Whatever defect that a person observes is not something I was aware of, I do not intentionally sell defected merchandise, that is unethical and I am not unethical.

Not unethical! lol!
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Beware Ebay seller: designer251975 sells MOC's with undisclosed repair!   Beware Ebay seller: designer251975 sells MOC's with undisclosed repair! I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2015 11:06 am

You can of course file a claim and force a return. You would have to pay shipping to ship it back tracked. The auction photo does show the repair so he can not claim you switched it out or something like that. Regardless of a sellers policy of no returns or whatever it is eBay and PayPal who have the final say.

I have caviar dreams and McDonald's pockets
Back to top Go down
arohk
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
arohk

PostSubject: Re: Beware Ebay seller: designer251975 sells MOC's with undisclosed repair!   Beware Ebay seller: designer251975 sells MOC's with undisclosed repair! I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2015 4:09 pm

Bryan is right you can see it if you zoom over the area although it is not that clear and would be easily missed, I would also open a claim.
Back to top Go down
DarthStanley
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
DarthStanley

PostSubject: Re: Beware Ebay seller: designer251975 sells MOC's with undisclosed repair!   Beware Ebay seller: designer251975 sells MOC's with undisclosed repair! I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2015 6:24 pm

trappedtexan wrote:
You can of course file a claim and force a return.  You would have to pay shipping to ship it back tracked.  The auction photo does show the repair so he can not claim you switched it out or something like that.  Regardless of a sellers policy of no returns or whatever it is eBay and PayPal who have the final say.

Bryan,I didn't buy it directly as Iain bought it for me & then shipped it on to me so he would have to open up a claim for me & i don't want the hassle for him as he's busy enough as it is!

Not the end of the world & all i can do is let people know about this guys behaviour,He's in the watch out sections here & over on SWFUK & he'll be in watch out section on RS too shortly! Very Happy

Thanks for your input! Cool

Mark
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Beware Ebay seller: designer251975 sells MOC's with undisclosed repair!   Beware Ebay seller: designer251975 sells MOC's with undisclosed repair! I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2015 6:31 pm

I understand. Iain is a good fellow, he may not mind, but he does have a full plate with the GW acrylic stuff also in his lap. Not to big of a hit anyway really so not terrible price wise. Sucks that the guy didn't disclose the damage as even though it can be seen in the listing photos, it is not obvious and easily missed. If you hadn't pointed it out, I wouldn't have caught t in the auction photo, but you can't say that with the item in hand it isn't obvious as your pics show it rather plainly.

I have caviar dreams and McDonald's pockets
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Beware Ebay seller: designer251975 sells MOC's with undisclosed repair!   Beware Ebay seller: designer251975 sells MOC's with undisclosed repair! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Beware Ebay seller: designer251975 sells MOC's with undisclosed repair!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1