The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Turning to the dark side??

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin Use Account

Turning to the dark side?? Empty
PostSubject: Turning to the dark side??   Turning to the dark side?? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 12:38 pm

As many people know i love my vintage SW and i'd consider myself a MOC collector first. I have never really been able to focus on anything in particular as i love so many facets of the vintage line! You could probably say if its vintage SW then i love it lol.

I collect Tri Logo's and any MOC's that take my fancy as my budget permits! I also have loose figures loose variants (although im not hardcore (yet lol) Posters, Boxed Ships and other quirky SW items from the vintage era.

Lately i decide to have a little side focus to keep my hand in whilst continuing to pick up the odd MOC etc and though loose vaders would be a good challenge.

I got to say i find focusing on this figure highly addictive as i just love the fact that some many variantions are available and thats just the licenced production variants! I have a MIM Vader MOC a Palitoy 65 Vader MOC and about 8 different loose vader variants all complete and mint.

Just this week i have also bought a Polish un-articulated Vader with saber inc tip and a Polish Articulated Vader complete with cape and saber! (Thanks to John and Adam)

I have only owned a few bootleg items in the past and although i know a bit about them i have never bothered with them before but since starting the vader side focus i have become super excited waiting for these to arrive!

So the question is am starting to go down the dark path of focus collecting or is this just another one of my many side areas??

Jay
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Turning to the dark side??   Turning to the dark side?? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 1:07 pm

I think its just a side area to collecting. Like me, I got the AT AT Driver focus going with Polish and Mex/SA bootlegs, baggies, multi-packs and mail-aways, carded (4-LOM offers and the rest), cardbacks, and mini-rigs. It just gives a variety to what you collect and doesn't get boring focusing on one item or area. Thats why I got comics and worldwide stamps to help me from getting bored. Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://alter-egos.forumotion.com/
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: Turning to the dark side??   Turning to the dark side?? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 4:43 am

I dipped my toe in the bootleg pool, didn't like it- too cold Razz There are so many other things I collect- loose variants, cardbacks,coins... even my crappy MOC collection is growing. The variety is certainly the key to keeping me amused. It also changes with budget changes so having a few areas to collect in helps to keep the toys flowing.
Back to top Go down
vintageSWfan
Force Addict
Force Addict
vintageSWfan

PostSubject: Re: Turning to the dark side??   Turning to the dark side?? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 5:32 am

ahh.. their's nothn wrong with collectn some bootlegs,you've seen my crazy bootleg yoda's are'nt they cool. lol!
Back to top Go down
Plantman
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Plantman

PostSubject: Re: Turning to the dark side??   Turning to the dark side?? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 5:45 am

Everybody knows i change focus more than i change my pants (and no once a week comments please) i think its great fun to venture into all areas, you end up picking up odd pieces from each focus......much more fun, change of scenery keep it fresh.
Back to top Go down
http://www.vintagetoybox.net
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: Turning to the dark side??   Turning to the dark side?? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 10:17 am

Its great to see by the responses that I'm not alone lol

AJ I think you hit the nail on the head regarding changing budgets.

At the present time a lot of my cash is tied into my new businesses so I have lowered
my budget to reflect this and in turn this impacts what I buy and focus on.

From spet 2010 or jan 2011 I expect my vintage budget to increase considerably so imagine
the type of items I pick up to shift and change significantly aswell.

The awesome thing is there are so many wonderfull facets to the vintage line that there is truely
something for everyone regardless of what budget you have in place Smile
Back to top Go down
jimmymindtricks
Force Addict
Force Addict
jimmymindtricks

PostSubject: Re: Turning to the dark side??   Turning to the dark side?? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 4:11 pm

congrates on your vader pick jay , and let me say a nice choice ,

i think a side focus is awsome , to keep you bussy , when you dont seem to find new additions for your

main focus that's why i started collecting variants , most are pretty cheap and there is enough around to keep me going for the rest of my live

so , i wouldent say dark side , but still it does tell you that your addicted to collecting vintage starwars lol!

so have fun with building up your darth vader (side) focus collection ,
Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: Turning to the dark side??   Turning to the dark side?? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 4:31 pm

jimmymindtricks wrote:
congrates on your vader pick jay , and let me say a nice choice ,

i think a side focus is awsome , to keep you bussy , when you dont seem to find new additions for your

main focus that's why i started collecting variants , most are pretty cheap and there is enough around to keep me going for the rest of my live

so , i wouldent say dark side , but still it does tell you that your addicted to collecting vintage starwars lol!

so have fun with building up your darth vader (side) focus collection ,

LOL Jimmy i have come to terms with been a lifetime Vintage SW addict and these days i just self medicate a maintenance prescription!
Back to top Go down
Joseph_Y
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Joseph_Y

PostSubject: Re: Turning to the dark side??   Turning to the dark side?? I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 04, 2010 9:06 am

Let your secondary focus progress naturally. IF it ends up overriding your current main focus then that's what was meant to be.
I certianly didn't start out collecting bootlegs as my main focus, just thru the natural growth of my collection it's the way that it went. I'm sure many character focus collectors could echo that statement. I also think that it's good for a collection to have a few different directions. When one part isn't holding your interest, or is dry for items you want being available, you can still enjoy the secondary focus. For me being able to go back and forth from one focus to another had/has definitely helped fight off hobby burn out and stagnation many times thru the years.

Cheers
Joe
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=697897283
coachk28
Force Addict
Force Addict
coachk28

PostSubject: Re: Turning to the dark side??   Turning to the dark side?? I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 04, 2010 9:58 am

Is your Vader side focus going to be only vintage?

There are some cool more modern bootleg Vaders out there also!!!!
Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: Turning to the dark side??   Turning to the dark side?? I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 04, 2010 11:19 am

Joseph_Y wrote:
Let your secondary focus progress naturally. IF it ends up overriding your current main focus then that's what was meant to be.
I certianly didn't start out collecting bootlegs as my main focus, just thru the natural growth of my collection it's the way that it went. I'm sure many character focus collectors could echo that statement. I also think that it's good for a collection to have a few different directions. When one part isn't holding your interest, or is dry for items you want being available, you can still enjoy the secondary focus. For me being able to go back and forth from one focus to another had/has definitely helped fight off hobby burn out and stagnation many times thru the years.

Cheers
Joe

I agree with you 100% there Joe. The loose Vader Focus (i say loose i have a few carded) definately gives me something to pick up when im holding our for items i want to become available.

I read your posts on RS recently about possible hitting the brick wall so to speak and i was wondering if you had found another direction to focus on buddy?

coachk28 wrote:
Is your Vader side focus going to be only vintage?

There are some cool more modern bootleg Vaders out there also!!!!

Yeah its vintage only for me Coach about the only thing i'd consider is a modern prototype speaking of them any more news on your cousin at hasbro sorting you out yet?

Cheers Jay
Back to top Go down
Joseph_Y
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Joseph_Y

PostSubject: Re: Turning to the dark side??   Turning to the dark side?? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 2:47 pm

jaymassive619 wrote:
Joseph_Y wrote:

Cheers
Joe

I agree with you 100% there Joe. The loose Vader Focus (i say loose i have a few carded) definately gives me something to pick up when im holding our for items i want to become available.

I read your posts on RS recently about possible hitting the brick wall so to speak and i was wondering if you had found another direction to focus on buddy?

Cheers Jay

I just took some time working on my band and my car. I'm back for now. I do still have a LOT of stuff to sell before I'm done with the thinning out process. Once I'm done w. that we'll see.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=697897283
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Turning to the dark side??   Turning to the dark side?? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Turning to the dark side??

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1