The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 11

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 24 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
beachboy19
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
beachboy19

Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 11 - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 11   Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 11 - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2015 10:00 am

I have one like that. I have several Vader's with the Hong Kong date stamp all over the place on the back of the leg, Taiwan Vader, raised bar Vader, and this one. I call it no COO/blocked out Vader.
Back to top Go down
darthmatt22
Developer
Developer
darthmatt22

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 11   Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 11 - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2015 10:47 am

beachboy19 wrote:
I have one like that.  I have several Vader's with the Hong Kong date stamp all over the place on the back of the leg, Taiwan Vader, raised bar Vader, and this one.  I call it no COO/blocked out Vader.

Excellent. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 11   Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 11 - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2015 10:57 am

Matt and beachboy, vader has a ton of different coo markings. Right now the best coo guide is probably wolff's though at the moment I think the return section is incomplete (haven't checked lately honestly).

Here is the vader link: http://swspaceclub.com/wbobafett/coo-guide-3-0/anh/darth-vader/#a

and here is the guide's front page where you can choose the movie then character to get to the chart like the vader one. http://swspaceclub.com/wbobafett/coo-guide-3-0/

Small details in the placement of the letters and punctuation make a new coo, so you have to compare very carefully to be sure it is a match to the one you think.
Back to top Go down
darthmatt22
Developer
Developer
darthmatt22

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 11   Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 11 - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2015 11:16 am

Geeze. Vader being black is not helping this identification. My eyes! head bang At least I can eliminate a few pictures that aren't even close in comparison.

Back to top Go down
beachboy19
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
beachboy19

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 11   Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 11 - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2015 12:24 pm

trappedtexan wrote:
Matt and beachboy, vader has a ton of different coo markings.  Right now the best coo guide is probably wolff's though at the moment I think the return section is incomplete (haven't checked lately honestly).

Here is the vader link:  http://swspaceclub.com/wbobafett/coo-guide-3-0/anh/darth-vader/#a

and here is the guide's front page where you can choose the movie then character to get to the chart like the vader one.  http://swspaceclub.com/wbobafett/coo-guide-3-0/

Small details in the placement of the letters and punctuation make a new coo, so you have to compare very carefully to be sure it is a match to the one you think.

Thanks for the links. I have 6 Vaders with all different Hong Kong date stamp placements and spacing. Oh, the variation bug! Once bitten, it causes your wallet to hemorrhage cash.
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 11   Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 11 - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2015 12:30 pm

beachboy19 wrote:
Thanks for the links.  I have 6 Vaders with all different Hong Kong date stamp placements and spacing.  Oh, the variation bug!  Once bitten, it causes your wallet to hemorrhage cash.

http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t6954-the-cabinet

As you can see from Oscar's collection vader has plenty of variants. Can break a wallet to collect every variant out there for sure.
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 11   Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 11 - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2015 2:14 pm

Alex, congrats on the Harbert R2 :clap:
Back to top Go down
beachboy19
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
beachboy19

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 11   Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 11 - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2015 2:45 pm

trappedtexan wrote:
beachboy19 wrote:
Thanks for the links.  I have 6 Vaders with all different Hong Kong date stamp placements and spacing.  Oh, the variation bug!  Once bitten, it causes your wallet to hemorrhage cash.

http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t6954-the-cabinet

As you can see from Oscar's collection vader has plenty of variants.  Can break a wallet to collect every variant out there for sure.

HOLY COW! THAT IS CRAZY!

The thing about all those date stamp variations is if they go in an AFA case, there is no way to know which one it really is if the label just says 1977 HK. I would love to have one of my top quality Vaders graded just so I could have an 85 Vader, but I kind of don't want to lose the ability to see the stamp on the leg.
Back to top Go down
Gorneesh
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Gorneesh

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 11   Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 11 - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2015 3:08 pm

Some great items posted up here, well done everyone keep it up.
BREAKING NEWS!!....
After a long break buying vintage I have only gone and picked something up.....
Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 11 - Page 8 IMG_0344_zpsyaao7try
I know he's nothing special and a little beat up but I still love him
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 11   Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 11 - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2015 3:22 pm

Great stuff Mike. Must be nice to get back into vintage buying again. That Bossk on ESB moc is sweet cheers
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 11   Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 11 - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2015 3:58 pm

Two new items for my paperwork focus...

Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 11 - Page 8 By1Odbg

1. Clipper ESB "Especially for Star Wars bounty hunters" offer leaflet. Multilingual dutch one side, French the other.

2.Toltoys "Star Wars Collections" mini-catalogue. Similar to the Kenner release but features the wording "Not Available" across several pages, a few examples are below. Those poor Aussies!!!

Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 11 - Page 8 4C8bEbn

Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 11 - Page 8 S5zl3iD

Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 11 - Page 8 3O1h688

Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 11 - Page 8 QUsHdbh
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 11   Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 11 - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2015 5:04 pm

That is really neat. So instead of editing the stuff out they just printed them with not available across them? I can just imagine the poor kids driving their parents nuts over something they couldn't get.
Back to top Go down
hellhippie
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
hellhippie

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 11   Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 11 - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2015 7:03 am

nice bossk cheers

really cool paper items :clap: :clap: :clap:
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 11   Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 11 - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2015 8:03 am

So there was red AND black ink on the catalogue- I'm not completely losing my mind Razz Razz
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 11   Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 11 - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2015 8:16 am

aussiejames wrote:
So there was red AND black ink on the catalogue- I'm not completely losing my mind Razz Razz

I'd forgot myself until I flicked though it.
Back to top Go down
beachboy19
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
beachboy19

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 11   Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 11 - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2015 9:08 am

https://s1159.photobucket.com/user/drbeachdmdms/media/VaderLab.jpg.html?sort=3&o=1

Here's my "Vader Lab". A bunch of different COO date stamps. Still working on getting some sabers without broken tips to replace the broken ones.
Back to top Go down
beachboy19
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
beachboy19

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 11   Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 11 - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2015 9:13 am

Whoops. Let me try the direct link again. I'm still new at trying to get picture up here on the site.

photo VaderLab.jpg
Back to top Go down
darthmatt22
Developer
Developer
darthmatt22

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 11   Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 11 - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2015 10:41 pm

Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 11 - Page 8 20151023

Couple of good looking guys.

Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 11 - Page 8 20151024

A mean ol' monster!

Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 11 - Page 8 20151025

Not a vintage picture -- but "it's a trap!" nonetheless. Met him earlier today at NYCC.
Back to top Go down
darthmatt22
Developer
Developer
darthmatt22

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 11   Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 11 - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2015 11:08 pm

btw beachboy, awesome vader lab!
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 11   Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 11 - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2015 6:51 am

Mike - Great Bossk and welcome back from the dead!!!

Beachboy - Nice Vaders!

Matt - Great figs, love the Ackbar pic! Nice meeting you yesterday as well!

These will be for sale soon, couldn't resist a box of baggies!

Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 11 - Page 8 20151013

5 ATST Drivers
2 BWing Pilots
6 Pruncefaces
4 C3PO Removable Limbs
6 ERGs (not original baggie, but complete)
7 Emperor Mailers
Back to top Go down
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
Jedi Blueberry
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Jedi Blueberry

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 11   Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 11 - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2015 9:02 am

walkie wrote:
Two new items for my paperwork focus...

1. Clipper ESB "Especially for Star Wars bounty hunters" offer leaflet. Multilingual dutch one side, French the other.

Excellent purchases guys!

Bossk !!!! arrgh my favourite character with R2D2. Wish I could do a small Bossk focus!

The Paperwork in Dutch is fabulous! Never saw it before!
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 11   Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 11 - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2015 4:48 pm

Goddam Uzay's they're sooooo addictive!!!

Two near minty figures, an upgrade to my previous TFP and a new addition to my set an Imperial Gunner.

Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 11 - Page 8 UHn7JhC

Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 11 - Page 8 ZbcLl7S

Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 11 - Page 8 F98wyG4

* Oi, get out of my picture you stumpy assed rubber mother**ker!!
Back to top Go down
darthmatt22
Developer
Developer
darthmatt22

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 11   Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 11 - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2015 8:47 pm

Awesome pick-ups.

Love the colors.

Back to top Go down
darthmatt22
Developer
Developer
darthmatt22

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 11   Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 11 - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2015 8:47 pm

Last day at comic-con (for me) and the little pick ups.

Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 11 - Page 8 20151028
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 11   Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 11 - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2015 8:50 pm

Did you get over to see John and get a TIG badge? Was there a lot of vintage? Feel free to start a thread and share pics if you have them. Maybe in the off topic section.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 11   Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 11 - Page 8 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 11

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 8 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 24 ... 40  Next