The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Need help finding out how to value a comic

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
janjim
New User
New User

Need help finding out how to value a comic Empty
PostSubject: Need help finding out how to value a comic   Need help finding out how to value a comic I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 21, 2015 4:37 pm

I have a Marvel Comic STAR WARS "The Empire Strikes" No. 18 Dec 1978. It is signed by Carrie Fisher, Mark Hamil and Billy dee Williams "Lando". Any ideas on what it's worth? I have looked and looked and I cannot find another comic signed by these three. Want to sell it, but don't know what to ask.
Back to top Go down
arohk
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
arohk

PostSubject: Re: Need help finding out how to value a comic   Need help finding out how to value a comic I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2015 12:27 am

I would start with finding out what the signatures are worth and do you have a COA for the signatures that will help as a signature can be forged so people are more opt to pay for something that has proof behind it, I do know that some like David Prowse doesn't give a COA when he signs as I found with two of my helmets but still if you want top dollar then it's something to consider You also need to see what grade the comic is. It's like anything condition is everything, hope this helps a bit to get an idea of how to price but without proof of signatures then you are really looking at the comic value alone, same as if I wanted to sell my signed don post helmet without a COA for the signature I am looking at the price for the helmet alone.
Back to top Go down
janjim
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: Need help finding out how to value a comic   Need help finding out how to value a comic I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2015 12:33 am

Thanks.  I guess I could try to find an autograph expert.  My husband most likely bought it at auction so I have no idea.  If anyone knows of handwriting experts let me know please.  Thanks! MTFBW Y
Back to top Go down
arohk
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
arohk

PostSubject: Re: Need help finding out how to value a comic   Need help finding out how to value a comic I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2015 10:25 am

These are a few I heard about who are recommended. I talked to the one here in Canada for my David Prowse ones they come recommended as well as both helmets would be about $100 Canadian to get autenticated. The other are all in the States I believe. Hopefully this will help you out, I unfortunitly dont have the skills to know if a signature is ligit or not I can only go by the ones I have in my collection for Comparison. I do however have Billy dee Williams which I know is real as a friend got it for me at the Seattle Comicon and he charges $40, Carrie Charges $60, if you want a signature from them, Those is Comicon Prices which are good figures to go with. I am not sure about Marks though.

http://www.psacard.com/

http://uacc.org/services.php

http://www.globalauthentics.com/

http://www.ksagrading.ca/autographauth.php Canada
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need help finding out how to value a comic   Need help finding out how to value a comic I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Need help finding out how to value a comic

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1