The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Uploading pictures using an ipad

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

Uploading pictures using an ipad Empty
PostSubject: Uploading pictures using an ipad   Uploading pictures using an ipad I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2015 2:17 pm

I am fairly computer illiterate, I am having issues with my home desktop at the moment and am confined to using an iPad. I say this because the upload pics to the forum guide on here I am having trouble doing from my iPad. I got them to go into my personal album here on tig, but for some reason it won't copy the pic location thing to post it in a comment. Does anyone have any ideas or use an iPad when posting pics? I am sure it is user error but am hoping someone can maybe suggest something as it may be a while before my desktop is back up and running.
Back to top Go down
Nico
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Nico

PostSubject: Re: Uploading pictures using an ipad   Uploading pictures using an ipad I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2015 3:10 pm

I use my iPad a lot for viewing TIG but have the exact same problems Bryan just pointed out, any help on posting pics with an iPad would be great Very Happy

Any iPad users here  :scratch:

Cheers Andy Stormie Smiley
Back to top Go down
Kenner76
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Kenner76

PostSubject: Re: Uploading pictures using an ipad   Uploading pictures using an ipad I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2015 12:42 pm

I had similar problems trying to upload pictures today with my IPad. After several tries, I gave up and used my PC instead. Sad
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: Uploading pictures using an ipad   Uploading pictures using an ipad I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2015 2:05 pm

iPad's are a pain in the ass but here's how to to do it.

1) Choose the "Host an Image" icon which is the screen with diskette logo above

2) When the dialog box opens, click "choose" file

3) Choose your pic from the two iPad choices ("Take Photo or Video"  or "Photo Library")

4)Click "Host it"

5) When it's hosted, you need to capture the "Image URL" line by holding your finger or stylus so you can copy the entire string. This is a killer because you can veer off the line and have to start again. So take your time

6)Copy the URL

7)Click the screen icon that is next to the "Host an Image" and it'll open a box that let's you paste the URL

8)Click Insert

Voila!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Uploading pictures using an ipad   Uploading pictures using an ipad I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Uploading pictures using an ipad

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1