The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Does anyone else collect vintage Buck Rogers?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Commander Clint
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Commander Clint

Does anyone else collect vintage Buck Rogers? Empty
PostSubject: Does anyone else collect vintage Buck Rogers?   Does anyone else collect vintage Buck Rogers? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 23, 2015 2:59 pm

I just finished the complete run of figures with a lot of help from James. cheers

I had picked up a big lot of vintage SW about a year ago, and there were 3 vintage Buck Rogers figures in the bunch.  James was able to point out some other great figures for sale, and was super generous, and sent me a couple of figures.  He also sent me a small package of parts and screws to repair a couple of figures. bow

So here is my collection.

Does anyone else collect vintage Buck Rogers? Img_3513
Back to top Go down
ourchickenshack
Force Addict
Force Addict
ourchickenshack

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect vintage Buck Rogers?   Does anyone else collect vintage Buck Rogers? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 23, 2015 4:49 pm

Wow that didn't take you anytime to put together a sweet set Clint cheers

That's one of the cool things about this little line - just 9 figures What a Face

here's mine :

Does anyone else collect vintage Buck Rogers? 06410

Does anyone else collect vintage Buck Rogers? 06711

Does anyone else collect vintage Buck Rogers? 07010

Does anyone else collect vintage Buck Rogers? 07410

Does anyone else collect vintage Buck Rogers? 07610

Does anyone else collect vintage Buck Rogers? 07910

Does anyone else collect vintage Buck Rogers? 08010

Does anyone else collect vintage Buck Rogers? 08310

I believe Jay (psybertech) has a complete set of MOC figures Cool

maybe if were really lucky he will post pics of his collection too cheers

I have one more Buck Rogers item that I will post next ... thinking
Back to top Go down
Commander Clint
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Commander Clint

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect vintage Buck Rogers?   Does anyone else collect vintage Buck Rogers? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 23, 2015 5:06 pm

Thanks James cheers I couldn't have put the set together so quickly without your help.

I remember seeing a picture of your figures a while back. Yours are in fantastic shape.

I sat down last night and was able to fix up my Draconian Guard with the parts you sent. cheers I also took apart a couple of other figures that needed a new O-ring and tightened them up. I have the bag of parts ready to send back to you along with the Buck that you can use for parts.

Hopefully Jay will show us his MOC's. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ourchickenshack
Force Addict
Force Addict
ourchickenshack

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect vintage Buck Rogers?   Does anyone else collect vintage Buck Rogers? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 23, 2015 5:12 pm

This Draconian Marauder is one of very few packaged vintage items I have in my collection - the box is pretty rough and has been opened of course but its still pretty cool :

Does anyone else collect vintage Buck Rogers? 03112

Does anyone else collect vintage Buck Rogers? 03410

The coolest thing about the box is the prototype versions of the figures that are pictured on the back :

Does anyone else collect vintage Buck Rogers? 03811

Does anyone else collect vintage Buck Rogers? 04210

here's the instruction sheet :

Does anyone else collect vintage Buck Rogers? 04410

Does anyone else collect vintage Buck Rogers? 04610

and the ship itself :

Does anyone else collect vintage Buck Rogers? 04911

Does anyone else collect vintage Buck Rogers? 05410

Does anyone else collect vintage Buck Rogers? 05310

Does anyone else collect vintage Buck Rogers? 05711

Does anyone else collect vintage Buck Rogers? 05810

Does anyone else collect vintage Buck Rogers? 06010
Back to top Go down
Commander Clint
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Commander Clint

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect vintage Buck Rogers?   Does anyone else collect vintage Buck Rogers? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 23, 2015 5:20 pm

That's an awesome piece to have. :clap: I'll have to keep my eye's open for some of them in Canadian packaging. What a Face
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect vintage Buck Rogers?   Does anyone else collect vintage Buck Rogers? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 23, 2015 5:38 pm

The box must have used prototype figures for picturing just like some of the vintage Star Wars did. There are a few figures with major differences like the little robots chest sticker and the yellow on the guards chest. Very cool pictures to see. Wonder if those pictured figures still exist? I might check that line out if I ever finish my super powers collection I started. I can tell you aside from ebay, there are few places to buy vintage super powers and I imagine it is that same way with some of these other smaller lines. Makes collecting them frustrating because some things just never or very rarely pop up.
Back to top Go down
ourchickenshack
Force Addict
Force Addict
ourchickenshack

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect vintage Buck Rogers?   Does anyone else collect vintage Buck Rogers? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 23, 2015 6:01 pm

Commander Clint wrote:
Thanks James cheers    I couldn't have put the set together so quickly without your help.

I remember seeing a picture of your figures a while back.  Yours are in fantastic shape.

I sat down last night and was able to fix up my Draconian Guard with the parts you sent. cheers   I also took apart a couple of other figures that needed a new O-ring and tightened them up.  I have the bag of parts ready to send back to you along with the Buck that you can use for parts.

Hopefully Jay will show us his MOC's. Very Happy

I was glad to help you out Clint cheers

My collection has taken 7 + years of upgrading to get it where it is Very Happy Kind of shows how hard it is to find nice examples because mine still aren't Mint perfect What a Face

Be sure to keep the extra O-rings and screws Clint - I have plenty and you never know when you might need them . There are several figure lines that use the same kind of construction - Gi Joe , The Black Hole , some Dukes of Hazard and Micronauts just to name a couple off the top of my head .

trappedtexan wrote:
The box must have used prototype figures for picturing just like some of the vintage Star Wars did. There are a few figures with major differences like the little robots chest sticker and the yellow on the guards chest. Very cool pictures to see. Wonder if those pictured figures still exist? I might check that line out if I ever finish my super powers collection I started. I can tell you aside from ebay, there are few places to buy vintage super powers and I imagine it is that same way with some of these other smaller lines. Makes collecting them frustrating because some things just never or very rarely pop up.

Thanks Bryan cheers

It's a cool line and most of the figures can be picked up in the $10 to $15 range . Buck , Wilma and Twiki will generally cost between $25 to $35 - depending on their condition . The decals , the white body's and paint wear all contribute to making these 3 the toughest (not to mention they are the most popular characters Wink )

The challenge of collecting these more obscure lines is what draws me to them - aside from rare foreign variants , you can finds hundreds of any Star Wars character on any given day . Search ebay for knickerbocker Lord of The rings sometime - very rarely see new figures No I have been working on a LOTR collection for quite some time and still only have 4 of the 6 figures released (8 if you count the 2 horses that sell for $500 +)

I am glad not nearly as many people collect the oddball stuff because , if they did , the demand would far outweigh the supply and I would never complete a collection lol!
Back to top Go down
Commander Clint
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Commander Clint

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect vintage Buck Rogers?   Does anyone else collect vintage Buck Rogers? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 23, 2015 7:02 pm

trappedtexan wrote:
there are few places to buy vintage super powers

Ha ha, it's funny you mention the vintage supper powers line. My nephew just dropped off some of his extra 84 - 85 Kenner's for me to post up for sale. I'll take some good pictures of them and put them up in the General Classified for all to see.

He just got a complete Lili Ledy 84 Superman w/ cape for the price of a Kenner. He is over the moon.
Back to top Go down
arohk
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
arohk

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect vintage Buck Rogers?   Does anyone else collect vintage Buck Rogers? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2015 5:21 pm

great collection guys I use to have them but got rid of it all. I wold like to get a model kit of the Draconian Marauder and the star fighter both I had as a kid but I don't want to pay the huge amount that they are going for as then I wouldn't want to build them Smile.
Back to top Go down
psybertech
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
psybertech

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect vintage Buck Rogers?   Does anyone else collect vintage Buck Rogers? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2015 9:11 pm

Does anyone else collect vintage Buck Rogers? 12843170955_862cd9cc9e_h
Does anyone else collect vintage Buck Rogers? 12843588964_dd0004062e_h
Does anyone else collect vintage Buck Rogers? 12843168685_b7e0cedb88_h
Does anyone else collect vintage Buck Rogers? 12843167005_7e3064b0d2_h
Does anyone else collect vintage Buck Rogers? 12843579334_d0f682db05_h
Does anyone else collect vintage Buck Rogers? 12843242123_9d36bc7253_h
Does anyone else collect vintage Buck Rogers? 12843240393_8b14634ab2_h

Most have a bit of a lift (or worse) to the bubble aside from Twiki which is nice. I have to say I sold them all though.
If they all were sealed tight, I would still have them, but the lifts just bugged me so I had to move them.

Man, I do miss them though. And damn it!!!!! I need to watch the series again and if/when I do, I'll have to go after a nicer set.

They are cool figures and of course Wilma & the Princess had a rocking time visiting with Tiggy Wink ...... rather Tiggy had a rocking time! lol!

Does anyone else collect vintage Buck Rogers? 12857756883_e27eef38a8_h

Does anyone else collect vintage Buck Rogers? 12857670035_cf5e24d691_h

cheers!
Back to top Go down
http://leia.bespin.info/
Commander Clint
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Commander Clint

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect vintage Buck Rogers?   Does anyone else collect vintage Buck Rogers? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2015 9:25 pm

Jason, Thanks for sharing those. cheers Hopefully you find some nicer MOC's or maybe even just a loose set to admire. What a Face
Back to top Go down
psybertech
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
psybertech

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect vintage Buck Rogers?   Does anyone else collect vintage Buck Rogers? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2015 9:37 pm

Commander Clint wrote:
Jason, Thanks for sharing those. cheers   Hopefully you find some nicer MOC's or maybe even just a loose set to admire. What a Face

Thanks.

I was very happy with them on one side and super, UBER pissed on the other.

I picked up the lot from Jordan (Hollywood Heros) and was shocked to see the lifting as bad as they were. I expected a bit of a lift here and there but most of them could have the figures removed. NOT as advertised. I won't buy from him again unless in person or AFA'd. Jackass.

Anyway...........

Buck's are the only other line I realllllllly want to have and am interested in, so I will sort it out later.
I won't do loose for this line, so I want the full run MOC.

THAT SAID, one major exception.................. I realllllllllllllly do want a nice loose Wilma mint! Any help is appreciated! Razz I promise I am not a perv... OK... I am... but that is not why I want her... my Tiggy is lonely and misses her! :cool laugh:
Back to top Go down
http://leia.bespin.info/
arohk
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
arohk

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect vintage Buck Rogers?   Does anyone else collect vintage Buck Rogers? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2015 11:16 pm

So Tiggy is a perv well we all know that by the boobs he seen lol
Back to top Go down
Commander Clint
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Commander Clint

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect vintage Buck Rogers?   Does anyone else collect vintage Buck Rogers? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2015 11:46 am

Look what I got on the weekend from a Toy Auction just 20 minutes from my house.  There was a good bit of vintage Canadian SW, ESB, ROTJ & Droids, but the bidding went above my limits.  Another local collector was at the auction as well.  This came from a lot of toys that he bought and I was able to get from him. Very Happy

Canadian MOC Draco

Does anyone else collect vintage Buck Rogers? Img_3710
Does anyone else collect vintage Buck Rogers? Img_3711
Back to top Go down
Nico
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Nico

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect vintage Buck Rogers?   Does anyone else collect vintage Buck Rogers? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2015 2:52 pm

Wow that is a beauty Clint :clap:
The yellow cape On that figure is awesome mate cheers
Back to top Go down
Commander Clint
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Commander Clint

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect vintage Buck Rogers?   Does anyone else collect vintage Buck Rogers? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2015 3:22 pm

Nico wrote:
Wow that is a beauty Clint :clap:
The yellow cape On that figure is awesome mate cheers

Thanks Andy

I wasn't even sure if any Canadian card backs even existed till I saw this one. The other collector that I was sitting with, had an agreement. I wouldn't bid against him on the lot of MOC's, and he would let me have this one. I traded some of my extra unopened trading card wax packs for it. I'm going to make him a copy of an upcoming custom figure, to say thanks as well. He loves my custom figures as well. cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect vintage Buck Rogers?   Does anyone else collect vintage Buck Rogers? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Does anyone else collect vintage Buck Rogers?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1