The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Early Bird tray possible variations

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
lfantelo
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner

Early Bird tray possible variations Empty
PostSubject: Early Bird tray possible variations   Early Bird tray possible variations I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2014 7:07 am

Hi, I just bought an Early Bird set and after investigating some other sets from fellow collectors, I have detected something curious: in all trays there are 4 circular indentations, probably to help remove the figures from the trays, arrayed in up to 4 different patterns, in groups of two. For example, in my set these indentations are two on top and bellow Luke, and the other two respectively on top pf R2 and bellow the pegs:

Early Bird tray possible variations D7AEAC30-FEF4-4C92-8A39-4E34E260A82F_zpslonrcidk

Can anyone confirm this and, if so, shed some light?

Thanks, guys,

Luis
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: Early Bird tray possible variations   Early Bird tray possible variations I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2014 2:28 pm

Hey Luis,

Congrats on your Early Bird set, one of the most iconic Star Wars items....ever!

Here are some old pics of mine. Hope they are helpfull, haven't checked the position of the indentations on the tray yet.
Don't mind the custom George Lucas, he does not belong to the set. Smile

Early Bird tray possible variations IMG_3185_zpse80c3a7d
Early Bird tray possible variations IMG_3196_zpsf6f95bc8
Early Bird tray possible variations IMG_3201_zps1a34e689

Cheers
Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
lfantelo
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner

PostSubject: Re: Early Bird tray possible variations   Early Bird tray possible variations I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2014 5:47 am

Indentations are top and left of Leia, and left of both R2 and pegs. One of the 4 variations I detected. Shame Mark Yeo's pictures of his EB's aren't available anymore, because that would have been crucial.
Thanks, Marco,
L.
BTW, if anyone wants to part with an A or B baggie for my naked R2, please LMK cyclops
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: Early Bird tray possible variations   Early Bird tray possible variations I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2014 8:06 pm

How on earth did you even notice this? LOL

Here's my set, another set of dimples

Early Bird tray possible variations 20141110

Feedback TIG
http://tinyurl.com/TIGfeedback & RS http://tinyurl.com/berizingfeedback
Back to top Go down
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
jawa.57
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
jawa.57

PostSubject: Re: Early Bird tray possible variations   Early Bird tray possible variations I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2016 12:55 pm

i have an other tray to early bird kit

Early Bird tray possible variations Img_2417
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Early Bird tray possible variations   Early Bird tray possible variations I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2016 12:34 pm

jawa.57 wrote:
i have an other tray to early bird kit

Early Bird tray possible variations Img_2417

Thanks for sharing the picture. I am guessing there is a bunch of different tray possibilities out there. I don't know for sure how they made them, but some sort of vacuform table makes sense so the notch might be from where the positive was held to the table for the material to be formed over. I don't know a lot about the process but thinking on it if the table was set up like a lot of ones I have seen, the compartments were probably individual compartments arranged on a flat table and held in place in some way then a sheet stretched over the whole table so they probably did multiple entire trays on one sheet so each small compartment or maybe set of compartments was held in place by something that caused that void. they then later cut each set apart from the next. Of course this is all conjecture and may not be how it was done at all.

I have caviar dreams and McDonald's pockets
Back to top Go down
Matt Livesay
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner

PostSubject: Re: Early Bird tray possible variations   Early Bird tray possible variations I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2016 5:55 pm

Question about the early bird figures.

Were they all without a COO stamp? Or did some/any of them have a COO stamped leg?

Thanks,
Matt
Back to top Go down
http://bamamatt@hotmail.com
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Early Bird tray possible variations   Early Bird tray possible variations I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2016 6:22 pm

The early bird figures all have coo stamps. Hong Kong ones.

Back to top Go down
Matt Livesay
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner

PostSubject: Re: Early Bird tray possible variations   Early Bird tray possible variations I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2016 8:40 pm

Okay, cool.

So besides the Tri Logo figures .... which ones (at what location and what time period) were manufactured without a COO stamp?

Last edited by Matt Livesay on Fri Feb 12, 2016 10:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://bamamatt@hotmail.com
M4K3R1
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
M4K3R1

PostSubject: Re: Early Bird tray possible variations   Early Bird tray possible variations I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2016 12:29 am

Very interesting, still learn new things all the time, I love it, great spot on the different trays
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Early Bird tray possible variations   Early Bird tray possible variations I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2016 12:08 pm

Matt Livesay wrote:
Okay, cool.

So besides the Tri Logo figures .... which ones (at what location and what time period) were manufactured without a COO stamp?

Read wolff's introduction and then you can go into the guide itself and see the various coo markings per figure. http://swspaceclub.com/wbobafett/introduction-coos/

All no coo figures were later produced figures as they all come from altered molds. Tri logo is just a cardback and not a producing company so the figures found on tri logo cards are often associated with European production or Spanish production. The earliest figures were all Hong Kong coos but I think a few 12 backs have shown up with Taiwan. But even the ones that have shown up with Taiwan are the later 12 backs so they were not in production at the time of the early bird kit. The early bird kit would be all Hong Kong markings.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Early Bird tray possible variations   Early Bird tray possible variations I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Early Bird tray possible variations

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1