The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Hard Rock and Heavy Metal Memorabilia Thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

The Hard Rock and Heavy Metal Memorabilia Thread - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Hard Rock and Heavy Metal Memorabilia Thread   The Hard Rock and Heavy Metal Memorabilia Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 04, 2014 4:04 am

Excellent idea to salvage all those cool tee shirt design into a collage of cool panels :clap:  Same as you I mostly wear band tees and hate retiring them when they're worn. I might do something similar now. Yours are like a time capsule or something with all those dates and designs. Or it's like looking at a wall full of posters outside a gig. On one of your panels I saw a Judge Death tee next to a bunch of Eddies Cool I used to have loads of Death/Dredd tees but chucked them all   Sad  Oh well, I know what to do now Smile Great work by you and the missus cheers
Back to top Go down
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

PostSubject: Re: The Hard Rock and Heavy Metal Memorabilia Thread   The Hard Rock and Heavy Metal Memorabilia Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 05, 2014 5:24 pm

Cool thread, naturally, I'm a bit younger than you guys and still graced with youth and good looks, and as a result, haven't seem loads of bands.... other resons include, non driver, lazy, broke, high and did I mention my youth and good looks? Razz

I'll see if I can dig out some bits I have, not much but I'll have a look Smile

Cheers James for reminding me about the off topic thread, I kind of lost touch when my computer struggled with GIF files for the GIF thread.
Back to top Go down
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

PostSubject: Re: The Hard Rock and Heavy Metal Memorabilia Thread   The Hard Rock and Heavy Metal Memorabilia Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2014 1:52 pm

Artoo_Detour wrote:

@Steve -
LOL about Hawkwind, never again... What happened? Or shouldn't we ask Razz

Nico wrote:

I'm curious about that one, I've seen Hawkwind about 4/5 times(they used to do Liverpool Royal court or Empire every year just before Christmas ) in small venues they were Raw/loud and we had some good nights  cheers

No exciting stories I'm afraid. I was 'encouraged' to see them in December 1992 and by the time they got half way through their set I was thoroughly bored & looking at my watch.

I love the Kerrang! condoms Paul. What's the expiry date? lol!

@ James great use of your old T's.
Back to top Go down
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

PostSubject: Re: The Hard Rock and Heavy Metal Memorabilia Thread   The Hard Rock and Heavy Metal Memorabilia Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2014 2:59 pm

Just having a read through the posts, some great stories and stuff guys  :clap:

As many of you know, I'm a life long Guns N' Roses fan (Axl's a twat) big Slash fan, I've posted my records before, but incase anyone missed them, here is my G N' R vinyl, you'll have to excuse the pics, the weather and light was terrible here today.

Albums
AFD orignal sleeve, cross sleeve. Guns N' Roses E.P. (Japanese). GN'R Lies. UYI I. UYI II, Spaghetti Incident original and orange vinyl

The Hard Rock and Heavy Metal Memorabilia Thread - Page 2 Sany2822

Singles

It's So Easy - 12". 12" picture disc. 7"

The Hard Rock and Heavy Metal Memorabilia Thread - Page 2 Sany2823

Welcome To The Jungle (1st Issue) - 12". 12" poster sleeve. 12" picture disc. 7" double aside promo

The Hard Rock and Heavy Metal Memorabilia Thread - Page 2 Sany2824

Sweet Child O' Mine (1st Issue) - 12". 12" metallic sleeve. 10" revolving sleeve. 7"

The Hard Rock and Heavy Metal Memorabilia Thread - Page 2 Sany2825

Welcome To The Jungle (2nd Issue) - 12". 12" poster sleeve. 12" picture disc. 7". 7" juke box.

The Hard Rock and Heavy Metal Memorabilia Thread - Page 2 Sany2826

Sweet Child O' Mine (2nd Issue) - 12". 12" studio sleeve. 7" shaped picture disc. 7" (2 different presses). 7" with sticker. 7" with tattoo. 7" Spanish promo (Thanks Steve Smile  ) Russian accetate bootleg.

The Hard Rock and Heavy Metal Memorabilia Thread - Page 2 Sany2827

Paradise City - 12". 7" with holster sleeve & pic disc. 7" shaped picture disc (white). 7" shaped picture disc (clear). 7". 7" U.S. import. 7" juke box.

The Hard Rock and Heavy Metal Memorabilia Thread - Page 2 Sany2828

Nightrain - 12". 12" uncut picture disc. 7" shaped picture disc. 7". 7" with patch. 7" juke box.

The Hard Rock and Heavy Metal Memorabilia Thread - Page 2 Sany2829

Patience - 12". 7" (2 different presses). 7" Spanish promo.

The Hard Rock and Heavy Metal Memorabilia Thread - Page 2 Sany2830

You Could Be Mine - 12" clear vinyl picture disc. 7". 7" juke box.

The Hard Rock and Heavy Metal Memorabilia Thread - Page 2 Sany2831

Don't Cry - 12". 12" hologram sleeve, 12" picture disc. 7". 7" juke box.

The Hard Rock and Heavy Metal Memorabilia Thread - Page 2 Sany2832

Live And Let Die - 12" yellow vinyl. 7" (2 different presses). 7" juke box.

The Hard Rock and Heavy Metal Memorabilia Thread - Page 2 Sany2833

November Rain - 12" etched disc. 12" picture disc. 7" (2 differen presses)

The Hard Rock and Heavy Metal Memorabilia Thread - Page 2 Sany2834

Knockin' On Heaven's Door - 12". 7". 7" juke box.

The Hard Rock and Heavy Metal Memorabilia Thread - Page 2 Sany2835

Yesterdays - 12". 12" picture disc. 7". 7" juke box.

The Hard Rock and Heavy Metal Memorabilia Thread - Page 2 Sany2836

Civil War & Since I Don't Have You - Civil War 7" juke box. Sine I Don't Have You 7" orange vinyl.

The Hard Rock and Heavy Metal Memorabilia Thread - Page 2 Sany2837

Bootlegs

44. Calibre Horticulture. Live in San Diego. Halloween On The Horizon. Welcome To The Ritz. For A Few Dollars More picture disc

The Hard Rock and Heavy Metal Memorabilia Thread - Page 2 Sany2838

Appetite For Conversation - Clear vinyl. White vinyl. Orange vinyl. Blue vinyl. Green vinyl. Picture disc.

The Hard Rock and Heavy Metal Memorabilia Thread - Page 2 Sany2839

Appetite For Converstion 4x picture disc set. Chris Tetley interview shaped picture disc set. My Michelle 7" bootleg.

The Hard Rock and Heavy Metal Memorabilia Thread - Page 2 Sany2840

Bits & Bobs

Velvet Revolver Set Me Free 12" picture disc. Velvet Revolver fall To Pieces 7". Izzy Stradlin Pressure Drop 7". Micheal Jackson featuring Slash Give In To Me 7" poster sleeve.

The Hard Rock and Heavy Metal Memorabilia Thread - Page 2 Sany2841

Some rather Random Concert Tickets

The Hard Rock and Heavy Metal Memorabilia Thread - Page 2 Sany2842

The Hard Rock and Heavy Metal Memorabilia Thread - Page 2 Sany2843

The Hard Rock and Heavy Metal Memorabilia Thread - Page 2 Sany2844

You may laugh at this one, but she put on one of the best shows I've seen and man those TITS!!!!!

The Hard Rock and Heavy Metal Memorabilia Thread - Page 2 Sany2845

Velvet Revolver ticketes signed by Matt Sorum (G N' R replacement drummer) had a chat with him, really nice guy Very Happy

The Hard Rock and Heavy Metal Memorabilia Thread - Page 2 Sany2846

I have a Charlie Harper autograph from the U.K. Subs as well, but I can't remember where it is, so I'll show this instead, my only other autograph..... James Earl Jones Very Happy  the voice of Mufasser... and that other guy who's name eludes me :cool laugh:

The Hard Rock and Heavy Metal Memorabilia Thread - Page 2 Sany2847

Now I didn't get this personally, it was a gift from a friend who collects autographs, he also collects pictures of him self with celebrity's and believe me, there is hardly any actor that he hasn't met. He has Aspergus Syndrome and is basically obsessed. I always wind him up that the James Earl Jones signature is fake, but he insists it isn't and has definately met him several times as I've seen his pictures.
This is a picture of me with him at scarborough Sci-Fi convention, the book he's holding is a published book about him and all the people he's met with many of his photo's. He has the best comb over on Earth Razz

The Hard Rock and Heavy Metal Memorabilia Thread - Page 2 20140410
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: The Hard Rock and Heavy Metal Memorabilia Thread   The Hard Rock and Heavy Metal Memorabilia Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2014 1:58 pm

Nice one, Alex. Glad you posted the GN'R vinyl here - a real treat to see :clap:

Good you got to see Dylan, Van Morrison, U2 and Eminem live. And an evening with Dolly can't be bad either Very Happy

Back to top Go down
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

PostSubject: Re: The Hard Rock and Heavy Metal Memorabilia Thread   The Hard Rock and Heavy Metal Memorabilia Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2015 12:22 pm

Had the pleasure of seeing Black Label Society on Sunday night, was a bit skeptical at first as I have gone off them recently mainly because of Zakk's enormous ego (makes mine look tiny :cool laugh: ) Also the last album was utter dog shit! Also the line up was pretty much completely new.
However, it was a really good show, played a lot of older tunes and hardly any new ones which was good so all in all had a really good night apart from the fucking £4.50 pint prices!! Fucking fuming!!!!
Anyway, it's another ticket to the collection

The Hard Rock and Heavy Metal Memorabilia Thread - Page 2 Sany3115

First time I've been to the Leeds 02 Academy as well, great venue!!! This is me at the show with a guy called Pete (middle) really top bloke and Ken, known Ken years, he's my tattooist and a fellow guitar wielding hairy bastard.... just like me Smile another top bloke!
The Hard Rock and Heavy Metal Memorabilia Thread - Page 2 10419910
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Hard Rock and Heavy Metal Memorabilia Thread   The Hard Rock and Heavy Metal Memorabilia Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Hard Rock and Heavy Metal Memorabilia Thread

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2