The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

revenge of the jedi

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
domr2
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
domr2

revenge of the jedi Empty
PostSubject: revenge of the jedi   revenge of the jedi I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 5:31 pm

i found an interesting potential buy esb moc with a revenge of the jedi offer. i am really tempted!!! thinking
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: revenge of the jedi   revenge of the jedi I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 5:42 pm

I just got my 1st one! I found a Death Squad Commander with Revenge offer. If it's a decent price go for it. If it's more than a normal ESB wait on it . I paid $54 for mine.
Back to top Go down
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
domr2
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
domr2

PostSubject: Re: revenge of the jedi   revenge of the jedi I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 6:34 pm

hi there john! it's an esb afa 75 for around $180...what do you think? thanks
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: revenge of the jedi   revenge of the jedi I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 6:37 pm

I always really liked the ESB Revenge offer MOCs , I have had a few over the years and the two titles on the same card
really makes for a cool display and talking point if anyone ever asks Smile
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: revenge of the jedi   revenge of the jedi I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 6:47 pm

domr2 wrote:
hi there john! it's an esb afa 75 for around $180...what do you think? thanks

Depends on the character of course but I'd say barring it being Luke,Boba Fett, etc.. I'd pass
Back to top Go down
domr2
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
domr2

PostSubject: Re: revenge of the jedi   revenge of the jedi I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 6:55 pm

joe: yes that's cool!

john: you are right, i should focus on a major character

pirat
Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: revenge of the jedi   revenge of the jedi I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 6:58 pm

The Revenge of the Jedi offer MOC's are awesome have you thought about trying to put a run of them together Dom that would seriously be a tough challenge but then end result would be amazing!!
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: revenge of the jedi   revenge of the jedi I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 6:59 pm

Is AFA graded the only route you go down Dom?

There are some great ungraded MOCs out there for some pretty damn nice prices man!
Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: revenge of the jedi   revenge of the jedi I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 7:01 pm

Joe_O wrote:
Is AFA graded the only route you go down Dom?

There are some great ungraded MOCs out there for some pretty damn nice prices man!

Amen to that!

I got a revenge offer at at commander with a clear bubble for about 39GBP ungraded in to condition

$180 sounds high especially for an AFA 75 but i guess it depends on the figure

Jay
Back to top Go down
domr2
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
domr2

PostSubject: Re: revenge of the jedi   revenge of the jedi I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 7:08 pm

jay: that would be a great challenge i agree! how many esb figs were produced?

joe: no, afa is not the only way to me. in fact, less and less interested by afa. however this moc which is a hoth stormy was afa graded. like these hoth stormy though.

study
Back to top Go down
ctscanman68
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
ctscanman68

PostSubject: Re: revenge of the jedi   revenge of the jedi I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 5:08 pm

That's pretty cool. I didn't know the esb figs came with the revenge of the jedi offer. I would like to know how many there were too. Did they do it for the entire esb run?
Back to top Go down
shawn_k
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
shawn_k

PostSubject: Re: revenge of the jedi   revenge of the jedi I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 5:19 pm

ctscanman68 wrote:
That's pretty cool. I didn't know the esb figs came with the revenge of the jedi offer. I would like to know how many there were too. Did they do it for the entire esb run?

Where the offer was later into the ESB line I would think most figures could be found with the offer. Where I haven't gone after them though, I have no idea.

The mailaway figure also came with Revenge paperwork. The corrected Return is actually the harder to find.

revenge of the jedi Main.php?g2_view=core
Back to top Go down
http://www.powerofthetoys.com
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: revenge of the jedi   revenge of the jedi I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 5:21 pm

There should be 48 figures with the offer sticker technically. The sticker was then imprinted after that with a "Return" of the Jedi.

They are pretty neat and it's why I got mine. In case anyone does any digging, there are NO carded Revenge of the Jedi figures. NONE. There are only cardback proofs.
Back to top Go down
shawn_k
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
shawn_k

PostSubject: Re: revenge of the jedi   revenge of the jedi I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 5:26 pm

Darthberizing wrote:
In case anyone does any digging, there are NO carded Revenge of the Jedi figures. NONE. There are only cardback proofs.

But, this guy claimed they were real. lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.powerofthetoys.com
ctscanman68
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
ctscanman68

PostSubject: Re: revenge of the jedi   revenge of the jedi I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 6:04 pm

I just got a whole lot smarter today just from reading one post! These forum thingeys are a pretty goood idea! lol!
Seriously though good stuff guys thanks for the info.
Back to top Go down
domr2
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
domr2

PostSubject: Re: revenge of the jedi   revenge of the jedi I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 6:49 pm

i found main characters very tough to find with the revenge sticky...while i know they exist, seem hard to find at bargain price head bang

intensive search for 2 days now and it is frustrating
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: revenge of the jedi   revenge of the jedi I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 6:54 pm

domr2 wrote:
i found main characters very tough to find with the revenge sticky...while i know they exist, seem hard to find at bargain price head bang

intensive search for 2 days now and it is frustrating

WOW! Two WHOLE days? lol!

Dom - patience is the key. Ask some of the guys who wait years for an item. That's frustrating. It's going to take some time but you'll see them, I guarantee it. Good bit of advice also, if you see one you like always contact the buyer and try to work out a price so you don't risk a last minute loss due to a snipe or something.
Back to top Go down
domr2
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
domr2

PostSubject: Re: revenge of the jedi   revenge of the jedi I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 8:50 am

lol john!

i must admit that my comment sounds pretty funny! 2 whole days lol! not a very patient person, but patience is perhaps something to be worked on. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: revenge of the jedi   revenge of the jedi I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 4:28 pm

Domr2 - There are deals out there!! See Below!

Coming to Darth Berizing
Back to top Go down
domr2
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
domr2

PostSubject: Re: revenge of the jedi   revenge of the jedi I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 5:09 pm

very nice of you john! it ended before i saw it and the guy was only shipping to usa Sad
will look around with great patience! Smile
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: revenge of the jedi   revenge of the jedi I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 5:23 pm

John bought it Dom Smile He was just showing you that you can get good deals on ebay Smile
Back to top Go down
domr2
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
domr2

PostSubject: Re: revenge of the jedi   revenge of the jedi I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 6:15 pm

ha ok lol! was busy a bit on ebay where i was bidding on a star wars no.1 comic book in 9.6. and i got it! eh eh cheers
Back to top Go down
jimmymindtricks
Force Addict
Force Addict
jimmymindtricks

PostSubject: Re: revenge of the jedi   revenge of the jedi I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 6:24 pm

edited , for the dommest thing i ever asked , and actually all ready knew the answer to , dumb ass me :silent:

Last edited by jimmymindtricks on Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: revenge of the jedi   revenge of the jedi I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 7:05 pm

Well according to Augie they exist Jimmy Laughing Laughing

No only joking, there are no Revenge of the Jedi titled Return figures (Biker scout was a Rotj figure only as you know)

So although the title Revenge was being used at times during the ESB toy line that was because it was the working title, hence why there were Revenge proof cards made, the only characters that a Revenge proof card exist for would be characters that were in SW and ESB (the title was changed to Return before the toys for the movie were released)

The ESB figures with that small Revenge sticker on them represent a little insight into the original title of the film but they are quite easy to pick up and are not pre production or anything special, just a cool offer Smile
Back to top Go down
jimmymindtricks
Force Addict
Force Addict
jimmymindtricks

PostSubject: Re: revenge of the jedi   revenge of the jedi I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 7:09 pm

damn , did i have my facts wrong , and yes i did know that it would be only proofs availeble

my fault , what was i thinkin, just wishfull i guess ,lol

forgive my ignorince
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: revenge of the jedi   revenge of the jedi I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

revenge of the jedi

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next