The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Cantina - Part I

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

Cantina - Part I Empty
PostSubject: Cantina - Part I   Cantina - Part I I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2014 5:56 pm

Cantina - Part I

Cantina - Part I Cantin10

Wuher

Labria

Kabe

Construction

Wuher is basically a Rancor Keeper with hair for the top half, Weequay for the legs and the arms of Nikto.... oh and Lando Skiff's hands  Smile 

The arms at the wrists whjere shortened after this picture as they looked way to long when attached to the body, thanksfully I I constructed the figure prior to painting and discovered this. The rest of the body was constructed using Milliput.

The head is basically a Rancor Keeper's head and I simply cut away all the back, top and sides and then constructed his hair using Milliput.

Labria was made using the body and legs of Squid head, the arms of a B-Wing Pilot and the head of Bib Fortuna. I carved away the tentacles from the Bib head and shaped it into a normal head and then constructed the horns using Milliput. I also used Milliput to create the scarf, collar and belt buckle on the torso.

Kabe was definately the most fun to make. His construction is an Ugnaught torso and arms, Wicket head and hands, Ugnaught nose and Ben Kenobi legs cut in half with Wicket toes  Smile
Originally I cut off the Wicket head and hollowed out the face and then inserted the ugnaught nose and eyes.

Ultimately though the eyes where in the wrong place and didn't look right so I covered them up and constructed new ones using Milliput. I aloso cut away the top of the ears and then used Milliput to extend the ears and make some teeth.
I carved a jacket into the torso front part and then added a belt and pockets using Milliput. The arms are ugnaughts with Wicket hands and Milliput added fur to the wrists at the connecting point.
The legs are Obi-Wan Kenobi legs cut in half. I carved a dip at the top to create the belt and then cut a 'V' out at the bottom and added two toes off Wickets feet on each leg.

Last edited by General Kahn on Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
psybertech
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
psybertech

Cantina - Part I Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cantina - Part I   Cantina - Part I I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2014 5:59 pm

As always man, great stuff!

But Kabe is great!
I want one! Razz

So what is your total count of all customs so far man? its got to be a ton!!!

Great stuff mate!
cheers!
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://leia.bespin.info/
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

Cantina - Part I Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cantina - Part I   Cantina - Part I I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2014 6:11 pm

Haha, not actually sure Jay, I'll have to have a count up!

It's been something that I've wanted to do for years but never really had any spare figures apart from Bespin Luke, and more to the point, no beaters.
Back in the early days I had loads!!! I had bought several collections, but once I discovered ebay I sold off all the beaters to raise cash for mint figures. Probably sold near to 150 figures in total, all basically beaters Sad

They did fund a lot of cool figures though I guess so not too much of a loss.
Back to top Go down
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

Cantina - Part I Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cantina - Part I   Cantina - Part I I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2014 7:00 am

:clap: Very nice Alex. I particularly liked your method for making Kabe. I'll look forward to seeing part 2.
Back to top Go down
Commander Clint
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Commander Clint

Cantina - Part I Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cantina - Part I   Cantina - Part I I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2014 4:21 pm

Alex, Well done on the cantina figures. :clap:  Some more quality work from Alex's Hack and Slash shop. bow 
Back to top Go down
chris.75
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
chris.75

Cantina - Part I Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cantina - Part I   Cantina - Part I I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2014 4:55 pm

some really well thought out and constructed customs Alex, I really like the Labria figure :clap: 
Back to top Go down
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

Cantina - Part I Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cantina - Part I   Cantina - Part I I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2014 4:46 pm

Cheers guys, thanks for the comments, just checked back and found all the pictures are gone. This is my first time using flikr which I only used because the image uploader was failing big time to work, and then this which is the exact fucking reason why I never used it in the first place   Evil or Very Mad 

One day people will realise.... Nobody fucking likes change!!!!!!!

I'll try and get the pictures back when I get chance.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Cantina - Part I Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cantina - Part I   Cantina - Part I I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cantina - Part I

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1