The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Hello to everyone. Glad to be here :)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Roussimoff
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer

Hello to everyone.  Glad to be here :) Empty
PostSubject: Hello to everyone. Glad to be here :)   Hello to everyone.  Glad to be here :) I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 1:24 am

Hello and thank you. Smile I stumbled in here while doing some Google searches for various things. I have to say, without resorting to petty slander, I am VERY dissatisfied with my 'former' Star Wars information/trading page. I wont mention names here, but suffice it to say that the site in question is just WAY too petty and hung up on functional fixedness for my tastes. For example, I have been a member there for nearly a year now, and still get treated as if I'm a shamed teenager or a circus animal even though I am a 36-year-old man that has been nothing but professional and friendly. I recently (a few hours ago in fact..) asked my wife to post some pictures of our toys for swap/sale, (SHE does all the tech stuff, I'm a bit of a luddite..) and one of the FIRST posts was some #$&*@#!& with a 'NASCAR' avatar telling me that "per forum rules you must list prices when listing items" ....even though its an OPEN sale/trade forum?? These 'mods' at this place are like everyone's "FAVORITE" first job/fast food bosss...the bitter, ageing shlub that acts on you with spite for no other reason than the fact that he is miserable in his own life and is despised, just SAD really. To top it off, I'm very NEW to the internet and its workings and I was very saddened at the thought that that site was all that there WAS to the world of Star Wars collecting and sharing....then I found this site via a post I had read on Google. I mean, I just dont understand why all of the outright CONTEMPT?? I'd ask a question like "Hi, I'm new here, wondering where is a good place to..blah blah blah" And in turn I'd get "Well if you'd checked this OTHER post then you would KNOW the answer..sheeesh..NOOB!!" ?!? I mean, what the hell? Is THAT what the human race has come to via computer? Thats truly sad if thats the case.. Sad

Well hell, lol, THAT was a long winded buffalo, eh? SORRY guys and gals, its just that this other site in question is a VERY shabby place and I have grown to LOATHE it. Anyhow, BIG SW fan here, both literally and metaphorically. (I'm 6'8", 375 lbs) I can clearly remember getting my first figure, WalrusMan, toting him around in a Barnum and Bailey's animal crackers box. Razz Hope to enjoy my time here and to meet some GOOD and KIND folks, and maybe do a little swapping and story telling at the same time! :cherry: bow

THANKS everyone, in advance. Oh, and GLAD to be here! Very Happy

Regards,

Andre
Back to top Go down
Tank1252
Force Addict
Force Addict
Tank1252

PostSubject: Re: Hello to everyone. Glad to be here :)   Hello to everyone.  Glad to be here :) I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 1:33 am

Hey Andre the Giant (bet you've never heard that before).
Welcome mate, i think you'll find us a little more accommodating over here. I must admit i had a little chuckle at your rant. It's been a while, but i remember feeling like that a while back when i joined *@##!!**@@. Nearly put me off the hobby before i'd even
really got started if i remember.
Anyways, good to have you onboard, plenty of nice knowledgeable guys here, who actually don't mind imparting some of that knowledge occasionally!
What's your thing mate? Loose, moc, afa?

...Oh, & welcome
Back to top Go down
Roussimoff
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer

PostSubject: hey   Hello to everyone.  Glad to be here :) I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 1:43 am

Hello Tank and thanks for the welcome. Smile My name isnt actually Andre, its just that he is my personal hero, and I was told by many friends and family to NEVER use my REAL name due to "on-line wackos and sickos that want to get my information and do me harm", sooo... Rolling Eyes Shocked

As to my thing, loose always. I have zero interest in carded figures, (I'd only open 'em anyhow..lol) and to ME, not to OFFEND anyone, but the whole "AFA" thing is a little silly. The way I see it, I LOVE the vintage line and I dont need some guy behind a computer somewhere to 'validate' that love by charging for a 'service' that supposedly allows me to profit on E-Bay. Again, I dont mean to OFFEND, thats just how I personally feel. Smile By the by, not to stereotype Australia, but I have to say that I LOVE Vegemite!! lol Seriously, I'm a chef by trade and I ordered some a while back, been HOOKED ever since! Sure it tastes of brewer's yeast and raw protein, but on some hot buttered grain toast its just SUPERB! drinking2

Oh, and let me just say: "Cantina aliens FOREVER!!!" bounce :clap:

Regards,

Andre
Back to top Go down
Tank1252
Force Addict
Force Addict
Tank1252

PostSubject: Re: Hello to everyone. Glad to be here :)   Hello to everyone.  Glad to be here :) I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 1:55 am

Lol, Andre, I can tell you & me will get on just fine. Loose for me only too, no cardboard. Don't understand the need for the existence of AFA either, & i loved those Cantina guys as a kid too!

btw....my real name ain't Tank either!
I'm also not actually Australian (Englishman that moved here 10 years ago yesterday in fact). I do like Vegemite on toast tho, as well as the odd Koala at weekends.
Back to top Go down
Roussimoff
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer

PostSubject: Re: Hello to everyone. Glad to be here :)   Hello to everyone.  Glad to be here :) I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 2:04 am

"Koala"...lol..now THATS a stereotype!! Wink As far as the AFA/MOMC thing goes, hey, to each their own....its just NOT for ME. I recently got a Walrusman on a beat-up card from a local comic shop and I actually entertained (for like three minutes...LOL) the notion of LEAVING him sealed...well, that lasted about ten minutes into the car ride home before I SHREDDED him out of the package! Mmmmmm...vintage Kenner plastic scent..nearly as good as fine herb!! (whooops..if thats a no-no here I'm sorry in advance! No )

And really? Your birthname isnt REALLY "Tank"?!? Wow...thought maybe your folks designed military equipment and wanted to name you accordingly?? Razz

Thanks mate, I have a feeling its gonna be A-OK here. Very Happy

<<<< pours his final snifter of single malt scotch, fumbles for pack of Camels.....wonders WHY he 'wasted' a year on $%*&!@#$%^& site trying to have reasonable interractions with a bunch of guys that were all MOUTH and no TROUSERS... Wink

Cheers,

Andre
Back to top Go down
vintageSWfan
Force Addict
Force Addict
vintageSWfan

PostSubject: Re: Hello to everyone. Glad to be here :)   Hello to everyone.  Glad to be here :) I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 3:14 am

hello,welcome to the site. welcome
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: Hello to everyone. Glad to be here :)   Hello to everyone.  Glad to be here :) I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 6:14 am

Very Happy WOW, I like you already ( & at 6ft 8" and 375 lbs I sure as hell aint going to say otherwise Laughing ) Pretty much anything goes here including fine herbs smoke As for vegemite throw up I know it's unaustralian for me to say but the stuff is horrid. AFA may have it's place but not at my house- I still can appreciate some of the fine acrylic encased collections out there but loose is my thing too (just how I like my women) Welcome on board Smile
Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: Hello to everyone. Glad to be here :)   Hello to everyone.  Glad to be here :) I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 8:25 am

Welcome to the TIG forum Andre!

Im sure if you need it you'll be able to tap into lots of advice and knowledge here as everyone supports each other in their collecting endeavors Smile

Jay
Back to top Go down
Craig T
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Craig T

PostSubject: Re: Hello to everyone. Glad to be here :)   Hello to everyone.  Glad to be here :) I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 9:10 am

What an entrance speech Andre!... LOL!

I know you'll get a warm welcome here as you seen already! Really good mix of nutters, pros, and newbies! Feel free show us your stash mate or post threads dude... no knob-jockeys here!

I wouldn't worry about a nutter trying to find out who you really are Stormie Smiley and where you live... anyone stupid enough to break into a 6-8 375lb giant's house to steal his SW deserves the thorough pasting he'll get and to be taken out of the gene pool!

Craigy
Back to top Go down
Roussimoff
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer

PostSubject: Re: Hello to everyone. Glad to be here :)   Hello to everyone.  Glad to be here :) I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 10:15 am

Thanks so much everyone! Very Happy

I'm off soon to get a tooth pulled today, ughhh...I have put it off WAY too long and now the bastard is killing me, so... Hopefully they dont dope me up TOO bad and we will still be able to hit the GoodWills and fleas today. (The dentist and I dont get on too well, they have to give me the amount of lidocaine that they'd give a HORSE. Laughing drinking2 ) The GoodWills around here are many, but usually not too good for older stuff. I DO find many video games though, from Atari ~ modern stuff, if there are any cross-collectors here. (I said cross COLLECTORS just to clarify that...PLEASE dont send me pics of yourself dressed as Eddy Izzard or Boy George!! affraid ) One time I found a minty MEGO Action Jackson doll though, and I HAVE found vintage stuff, just not too much. (Got a Romba for .25 recently, lol)

"Action Jackson"..huh..sounds like my brother in high school! ZING!! Wink You dont realize how silly that name sounds til you say it in your head, yikes!

Well, wish me luck at the sawbones today, as well as at the fleas!

Thanks again guys and take care all!

Oh, and CHEERS to LOOSE figures, LOOSE women, and LOOSE-ly rolled smokes!! cheers cheers

Regards,

Andre
Back to top Go down
Roussimoff
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer

PostSubject: Re: Hello to everyone. Glad to be here :)   Hello to everyone.  Glad to be here :) I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 10:22 am

...Oh, and Craig? "Show you my STASH"..?? Are we ALLOWED to show plantlife here?!? J/K!! ...Or didja mean the one forming above my upper lip?? lol!

I see you are in or from Ireland. We are Irish, my grandparents on both sides all the way back man. Smile I just dont understand the VERY unfair stereotype that ALL Irish guys are SURLY, DRUNK, and CRUDE...its juts NOT fair!

...........Now GIMMIE back my bottle or I'll CRAM ya ya prick!! drinking jawdrop

Have fun kiddies!
Smile

Regards,

Andre
Back to top Go down
RebelChris
Force Addict
Force Addict
RebelChris

PostSubject: Re: Hello to everyone. Glad to be here :)   Hello to everyone.  Glad to be here :) I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 10:25 am

Welcome Andre! Smile

It's nice to have you aboard! Smile

You'll find lots of loose collectors here and not a lot of attitude! It's a great place to hang out!

And trust me, your stance on AFA is just fine! I'm sure as you start reading around on some old threads you'll see some good AFA debates.

Again, welcome! It's nice to have you aboard.
Back to top Go down
The Admiral
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
The Admiral

PostSubject: Re: Hello to everyone. Glad to be here :)   Hello to everyone.  Glad to be here :) I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 10:30 am

Welcome m8y pirat
Back to top Go down
Roussimoff
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer

PostSubject: Re: Hello to everyone. Glad to be here :)   Hello to everyone.  Glad to be here :) I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 10:43 am

Thank you thank you! bow

Admiral, what are those heads along the bottom of your post there?? Prototypes, or?? Who is that fat guy? (peach colored skin) Also, is that a 4-LOM prototype head?

Whats the DEAL with those two anyhow? The movie never clarifies, and even the Kenner cards switched 'em back in the day. To top it off, they BOTH look like insectoid/cyborgs! The way my wife feels is this:

Zuckuss is the "master" and he is the guy in the brown longcoat with the breathing tube-like things on his face. 4-LOM is a cyborg-type that is in the employ/service of Zuckuss, and he is the silvery/gray cyborg with the C3-PO-like body.

Thoughts?

Cheers! Smile

Andre
Back to top Go down
Craig T
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Craig T

PostSubject: Re: Hello to everyone. Glad to be here :)   Hello to everyone.  Glad to be here :) I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 10:57 am

Roussimoff wrote:
...Oh, and Craig? "Show you my STASH"..?? Are we ALLOWED to show plantlife here?!? J/K!! ...Or didja mean the one forming above my upper lip?? lol!

lol!

Roussimoff wrote:

I see you are in or from Ireland. We are Irish, my grandparents on both sides all the way back man. Smile I just dont understand the VERY unfair stereotype that ALL Irish guys are SURLY, DRUNK, and CRUDE...its juts NOT fair!

...........Now GIMMIE back my bottle or I'll CRAM ya ya prick!! drinking jawdrop

Have fun kiddies!
Smile

Regards,

Andre

Actually dude I'm Welsh... working in Ireland so I can earn enough to pay for my escalating collecting habit Very Happy

Though my grandparents are Irish (or Irish decent) too! So Happy St Paddy Day! Enjoying the Irish National day off with tinny in hand and TIG/ebay on the Laptop. Happy Paddy everyone drinking2
Back to top Go down
shawn_k
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
shawn_k

PostSubject: Re: Hello to everyone. Glad to be here :)   Hello to everyone.  Glad to be here :) I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 11:16 am

Here's another welcome

I think you will find a nice relaxed atmosphere here compared to some of the other forums. I personally hate it when someone replies to a question with "do a search" and calling names like noob. Really, in the time it took them to post that, couldn't they have just helped you out instead. We were all new at one time and the search software on some of these forums are so finicky that they take a bit of figuring out how to find what you're looking for.

Anyway, it is great to have you here and I hope you'll show us some of your collection in the Limelight section.
Back to top Go down
http://www.powerofthetoys.com
Roussimoff
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer

PostSubject: Re: Hello to everyone. Glad to be here :)   Hello to everyone.  Glad to be here :) I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 12:43 pm

Thanks thanks ! Very Happy

And Shawn, yes I would love to show my stuff! (thats what I said on my last date, OH!) Laughing Thing is, next to YOU guys here, my collection is gonna look like a pee-wee. Sad

Anyhow, thanks again and I'll ask my wife to take some more pics in a bit. Smile

Smile

Andre
Back to top Go down
domr2
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
domr2

PostSubject: Re: Hello to everyone. Glad to be here :)   Hello to everyone.  Glad to be here :) I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 1:20 pm

welcome aboard! you will see by yourself that this place is packed of great people! cyclops
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: Hello to everyone. Glad to be here :)   Hello to everyone.  Glad to be here :) I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 1:22 pm

welcome popcorn
Back to top Go down
Lee_m
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Lee_m

PostSubject: Re: Hello to everyone. Glad to be here :)   Hello to everyone.  Glad to be here :) I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 2:24 pm

Hello mate Very Happy

You'll like it over here - no pretentious scumrebels here Cool
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Hello to everyone. Glad to be here :)   Hello to everyone.  Glad to be here :) I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 2:54 pm

Welcome dude. You'll have a blast here like the others said.
Back to top Go down
http://alter-egos.forumotion.com/
Roussimoff
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer

PostSubject: Re: Hello to everyone. Glad to be here :)   Hello to everyone.  Glad to be here :) I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 3:29 pm

Wow...thats SO much guys! Very Happy You make a guy feel more welcomed than Donald Trump at a $3 cathouse!

"Scumrebels"..lol...tsk tsk tsk....now now I mentioned NO names!! Embarassed Razz I swapped with ONE very cool cat on another fansite, we traded some carded POTF2 for some vintage weapons, really decent guy and NOT the usual: "Well if you read the title page then youd KNOW such and such, DUH!" or the classic : "-eyeroll- NOOB" Ah well, guess when you are a bitter loser and havent seen the sunlight or a vagina in 25 years things can make you snappy at people I suppose...
🤡

Please see my pics, if you are interested in that sort of thing. Also, I'll be posting in the trade forum - - - whip out those vintage doubles for me!! Very Happy

Regards and tip the scotch and grog for me today!! drinking2 :drunken: (<< tells himself that the reason hes drinking is because of Saint Patrick, but inside knows that hes really Barney Gumbal from the Simpsons') Razz

Andre
Back to top Go down
Tank1252
Force Addict
Force Addict
Tank1252

PostSubject: Re: Hello to everyone. Glad to be here :)   Hello to everyone.  Glad to be here :) I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 6:25 am

Lol at Barney, Andre. I see the resemblance m8!!
Back to top Go down
jimmymindtricks
Force Addict
Force Addict
jimmymindtricks

PostSubject: Re: Hello to everyone. Glad to be here :)   Hello to everyone.  Glad to be here :) I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 3:14 pm

dont wanne pis on your party , but noobs need to post who they are in the interduction page Rolling Eyes Laughing

just kiddin andre welcome to the site , and have fun , also dont worrie , this is a verry at eaz place,

no rs crap coing on
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello to everyone. Glad to be here :)   Hello to everyone.  Glad to be here :) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hello to everyone. Glad to be here :)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1