The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

"Well lets thank Jay for this awesome site man"

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

"Well lets thank Jay for this awesome site man" Empty
PostSubject: "Well lets thank Jay for this awesome site man"   "Well lets thank Jay for this awesome site man" I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2009 12:00 pm

Ok Guys,

lets have a try...hmmmm....how to call it...????... I think:

"Well lets thank Jay for this awesome site man!"

I mean you guys are all ver nice...knew most from you via RS.

But here I have the fun writing comments that I lost on RS or other forums....

Whats so special here??? I dont know...maybe its you all!! I dont know...but I really really got back to my roots here...having fun Wink

So thx to James and you all!!

Any opinions...thoughts??

Wolff
Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: "Well lets thank Jay for this awesome site man"   "Well lets thank Jay for this awesome site man" I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2009 1:34 pm

Thanks Wollf

The forum is the collaborative efforts of not just me but also Joe, James, Shawn and Tim so hats off to them as well.

Also Wolff the main TIG site would never have got off the ground if it wasn't for your contributions mate so a big thanks to you as well buddy.

I wanted to create a vintage focused forum with a relaxed atmosphere that is ran by an team of active and passionate vintage collectors where they key thing is to have fun discussing the hobby we all love.

Im doing a lot of work behind the scenes to ensure that the forum will rank well and the main search engines like google and yahoo etc in the same way the Main TIG site does already.

We also hope to continue to expand the main TIG Reference site over the coming years so if you have items that you would like to see cataloged them drop me a PM.

I appreciate it will take time to develop the community so if anybody who has websites and can add a link for this forum that would be fantastic obviously i will link your site on TIG as well Smile Or alternatively if you know / are friends with other vintage collectors feel free to invite them across everyone is welcome Smile

One of the things that will be happening in the next couple of weeks is that we will be holding a number of completely free TIG Vintage Raffles which will have some vintage prizes up for grabs!

I don't want to give anything away at this stage but keep an eye out for the announcements.

Cheers Jay
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: "Well lets thank Jay for this awesome site man"   "Well lets thank Jay for this awesome site man" I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2009 2:41 pm

Thanks to Jay and his vision, he has put a lot of hard work into this.

The TIG reference site was and is a HUGE task, I would have given up at about 20%...

Well done Jay, here's to more years of TIG and the TIG forum!
Back to top Go down
burnsy
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
burnsy

PostSubject: Re: "Well lets thank Jay for this awesome site man"   "Well lets thank Jay for this awesome site man" I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2009 2:57 pm

I second Wolffs comments, I'm really liking the feel of the forum.

My missus jumped on the laptop earlier and said

"You haven't found another bloody forum have you? Rolling Eyes "

I'm gonna get a limelight on here in the coming weeks of my whole collection which I haven't done before.

Thanks lads
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: "Well lets thank Jay for this awesome site man"   "Well lets thank Jay for this awesome site man" I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2009 5:46 pm

"..get back to my roots here.. having fun" exactly how it should be Smile I think the key is we all have a sense of humour. I can start a thread here like "aussiejames is an idiot" and I will not get hate mail Shocked Rolling Eyes I've thanked you privately Jay (get your mind out of the gutter guys Razz ) you have done a tremendous job and a big cheers to all that have helped.
Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: "Well lets thank Jay for this awesome site man"   "Well lets thank Jay for this awesome site man" I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2009 6:46 pm

burnsy wrote:
I second Wolffs comments, I'm really liking the feel of the forum.

My missus jumped on the laptop earlier and said

"You haven't found another bloody forum have you? Rolling Eyes "

I'm gonna get a limelight on here in the coming weeks of my whole collection which I haven't done before.

Thanks lads

That is one Limelight that im defo booking a ticket for! cheers

I cant wait for its Stu bounce

Glad you like the feel of the forum i tried to ensure its still caries some of the feel of the main site.

Jay
Back to top Go down
Tank1252
Force Addict
Force Addict
Tank1252

PostSubject: Re: "Well lets thank Jay for this awesome site man"   "Well lets thank Jay for this awesome site man" I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 3:12 am

Well done Jay, well done to the other mods, & well done to all you guys embracing the site. This site would be nothing without contributors.
I certainly feel at home here.
Stormie Smiley
Back to top Go down
shawn_k
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
shawn_k

PostSubject: Re: "Well lets thank Jay for this awesome site man"   "Well lets thank Jay for this awesome site man" I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 10:15 am

I'll also publicly thank Jay. I know a lot of work behind the scenes, has gone into the site and I'm very glad that we've had an excellent first week here.

I also appreciate the opportunity that has been given to me to be a mod.

Thanks Jay.
Back to top Go down
http://www.powerofthetoys.com
Stargeezer
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Stargeezer

PostSubject: Re: "Well lets thank Jay for this awesome site man"   "Well lets thank Jay for this awesome site man" I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 1:46 pm

Big credit to Jay and all the help he had from other collectors. I wish i found some time to help you out guys, but it seems i get it busy'er by the day Sad

Anyway fantastic work.
Back to top Go down
jimmymindtricks
Force Addict
Force Addict
jimmymindtricks

PostSubject: Re: "Well lets thank Jay for this awesome site man"   "Well lets thank Jay for this awesome site man" I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 11:02 am

aussie james is an idiot

where are the emoticons when you need them

this place is the bomb , really cool

specialy because most of the guy's ive dealed with are under one roof

thanks to everybody involved , also thanks james to keep bugging me to check it out

also thanks jay for pointing me to the right place to register i was so about to give up on this
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: "Well lets thank Jay for this awesome site man"   "Well lets thank Jay for this awesome site man" I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 3:46 pm

I was pretty much a single forum guy but I like it here so I guess Im a SW Whore now but that's okay.

Jay - Kudos to you , well done. BTW the chat box is worth it's weight in gold. So much better than PM's
Back to top Go down
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: "Well lets thank Jay for this awesome site man"   "Well lets thank Jay for this awesome site man" I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 5:41 pm

"I'm a SW Whore" no a SW swinger Razz I just wish a few more ladies would join in on the fun lol!
Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: "Well lets thank Jay for this awesome site man"   "Well lets thank Jay for this awesome site man" I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 8:16 pm

Darthberizing wrote:
I was pretty much a single forum guy but I like it here so I guess Im a SW Whore now but that's okay.

Jay - Kudos to you , well done. BTW the chat box is worth it's weight in gold. So much better than PM's

Cheers John

I remember chatting to Joe in the Chat Box as we were setting the forum up and we said the Chat box would be a great place to cut a deal especially as you can put pictures up in it using photobucket IMG links.

Its also great to have a proper catch up and get to know your fellow collectors better Smile
Back to top Go down
The Admiral
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
The Admiral

PostSubject: Re: "Well lets thank Jay for this awesome site man"   "Well lets thank Jay for this awesome site man" I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 8:15 am

Excellent site Jay BUT something (the snow?) is lagging it for me, its pausing when i scroll

Edit: Yep was the snow, all good here Smile

Last edited by Cobra_UK on Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ronniebiggs
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Ronniebiggs

PostSubject: Re: "Well lets thank Jay for this awesome site man"   "Well lets thank Jay for this awesome site man" I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 3:00 pm

Congrats to jay and all the moderators for the wonderful job you are doing. The site is really good and has everything needed for the novice to develop his skills. Great company as well Smile
O ye and the snow is lagging it for me to Laughing
Hats of to you all cheers
Back to top Go down
coachk28
Force Addict
Force Addict
coachk28

PostSubject: Re: "Well lets thank Jay for this awesome site man"   "Well lets thank Jay for this awesome site man" I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 3:20 pm

i feel the same way!!!

this is the first forum i have ever joined... couldnt have picked a better one!!!

THANKS!!!

THIS SITE CAN ONLY GET BETTER!!!!

ITS BEEN GREAT TALKING STAR WARS WITH YOU GUYS OVER THE PAST COUPLE OF DAYS!!!!

celebrate celebrate celebrate celebrate celebrate celebrate celebrate celebrate
Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: "Well lets thank Jay for this awesome site man"   "Well lets thank Jay for this awesome site man" I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 3:21 pm

Cheers lads here's to 2010!

I have took the snow off guys ill pop it back no for xmas day only Smile
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: "Well lets thank Jay for this awesome site man"   "Well lets thank Jay for this awesome site man" I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 4:19 pm

jaymassive619 wrote:
Cheers lads here's to 2010!

I have took the snow off guys ill pop it back no for xmas day only Smile

The christmas lights are off, but the snow is still there, which I have no prob with it.
Back to top Go down
http://alter-egos.forumotion.com/
jimmymindtricks
Force Addict
Force Addict
jimmymindtricks

PostSubject: Re: "Well lets thank Jay for this awesome site man"   "Well lets thank Jay for this awesome site man" I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 2:21 pm

hey jay , 50 members in 2 monthes congrates bro

when can we expect the official t-shirts to be released "Well lets thank Jay for this awesome site man" Icon_cool put me up for a xxl "Well lets thank Jay for this awesome site man" Icon_biggrin
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: "Well lets thank Jay for this awesome site man"   "Well lets thank Jay for this awesome site man" I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 7:10 pm

Hey Jimmy, I was actually thinking about doing a T-shirt last night. On the front would have the Death Star with T.I.G. under it. On the back, the forum name with two sabers crossed, but I haven't figured out what other graphics to go with it.
Back to top Go down
Tank1252
Force Addict
Force Addict
Tank1252

PostSubject: Re: "Well lets thank Jay for this awesome site man"   "Well lets thank Jay for this awesome site man" I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 7:13 pm

I'm in!!!
We did this on a gaming site i'm involved with.
Useful to sell & make some money for the development of the forum (covering makers costs of course), as well as for prizes for competitions/raffles.
celebrate
Back to top Go down
shawn_k
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
shawn_k

PostSubject: Re: "Well lets thank Jay for this awesome site man"   "Well lets thank Jay for this awesome site man" I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 7:30 pm

T-Shirts sound like a great idea. It would be great to wear at CV to help get some publicity for the site.
Back to top Go down
http://www.powerofthetoys.com
Tank1252
Force Addict
Force Addict
Tank1252

PostSubject: Re: "Well lets thank Jay for this awesome site man"   "Well lets thank Jay for this awesome site man" I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 7:46 pm

Even better idea Shawn. I reckon we should get onto this asap. There's plenty of places to wear them, CV being the biggest & most obvious. There's also Memorabilia UK 27-28 March 2010.
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: "Well lets thank Jay for this awesome site man"   "Well lets thank Jay for this awesome site man" I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 8:01 pm

I checked out prices awhile ago. For one color on front and 5 on back, ordering 40 s-xl and 20 xxl would run $537.00. Thats through Broken Arrow in Iowa. Might be cheaper somewhere else, I have no idea.
Back to top Go down
chazgreentooth
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
chazgreentooth

PostSubject: Re: "Well lets thank Jay for this awesome site man"   "Well lets thank Jay for this awesome site man" I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 8:03 pm

Yeah! be cool to spot people at the Memorabilia show, I am a bit of a lone ranger at mem so it would be pretty cool to bump into some IGF members Stormie Smiley
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "Well lets thank Jay for this awesome site man"   "Well lets thank Jay for this awesome site man" I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

"Well lets thank Jay for this awesome site man"

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next