The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Who's Who - Don't be shy... introduce yourself HERE

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 16 ... 21  Next
AuthorMessage
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

Who's Who - Don't be shy... introduce yourself HERE - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who's Who - Don't be shy... introduce yourself HERE   Who's Who - Don't be shy... introduce yourself HERE - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2016 1:08 am

Wahoo welcome back!!!

Yep sit down when looking at current prices Shocked

Congrats on fatherhood ( adulthood is over rated!!)
Back to top Go down
Johnny U
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Johnny U

PostSubject: Re: Who's Who - Don't be shy... introduce yourself HERE   Who's Who - Don't be shy... introduce yourself HERE - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2016 1:13 am

Thanks James! I appreciate the kind words.

When did the prices change? The announcement of TFA? When Disney bought SW? It's incredible how fast this happened.
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Who's Who - Don't be shy... introduce yourself HERE   Who's Who - Don't be shy... introduce yourself HERE - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 29, 2016 2:56 pm

Welcome back Johnny cheers  The prices have been steadily rising from the announcement of Disney taking over then leading up to and ever since the film it's gone absolutely mental in some quarters.

thevintagetoyadvertiser.org 1970s and 80s vintage toy ads and other retro paperworks

imperialgunnery.com Vintage Star Wars action figure weapons and accessories guide
Back to top Go down
Johnny U
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Johnny U

PostSubject: Re: Who's Who - Don't be shy... introduce yourself HERE   Who's Who - Don't be shy... introduce yourself HERE - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2016 4:57 am

Artoo_Detour wrote:
Welcome back Johnny cheers  The prices have been steadily rising from the announcement of Disney taking over then leading up to and ever since the film it's gone absolutely mental in some quarters.

Too bad I sold most of my collection when the Poontroopers started showing up. My wife freaked out! I ended up putting the money into comic books. But my heart keeps pulling me back here. I would love to jump back in no matter how much the prices went up. I just love these figures. They are just a part of me, they always will be.
Back to top Go down
darththomas
New User
New User
darththomas

PostSubject: Re: Who's Who - Don't be shy... introduce yourself HERE   Who's Who - Don't be shy... introduce yourself HERE - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2016 12:59 pm

Name: Emlyn
Single/Married: married
Residence: Manchester England
Kids: 2 boys 6 and 3
Pets: old man Retro my faithful hound
Reason(s) you love Star Wars:So many to list but I suppose the main thing is it has always been around, in my lifetime anyway. So many great memories, playing with the toys, sitting down at Xmas to watch every year. Memories are mostly of ROTJ and the associated toys being an 81 kid
How did you get here?:
Collecting Focus: 
Character Focus: 
Collecting interest: 
Looking For:
Back to top Go down
darththomas
New User
New User
darththomas

PostSubject: Re: Who's Who - Don't be shy... introduce yourself HERE   Who's Who - Don't be shy... introduce yourself HERE - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2016 1:04 pm

Sorry for the split post
How did you get here?:competition announcement on echo Base
Collecting Focus:vintage vehicles and play set parts
Character Focus: none
Collecting interest: all sorts from vintage star wars and the odd modern piece. Other none star wars collections include sota street fighters, tmnt of all eras , the odd marvel legend and dcuc classic, other 80s and 90s toys
Looking For:nothing at the moment, but in the future b-wing , x wing , jabba and throne, imperial shuttle
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Who's Who - Don't be shy... introduce yourself HERE   Who's Who - Don't be shy... introduce yourself HERE - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2016 1:09 pm

Great to have you here Emlyn. We love vintage stuff here in the forum and lots of our members are in the UK so maybe you can make a few local connections. cheers

I am terrible with names so don't be offended if I refer to you by your username later on. Take a look around and comment on our various threads we have. There is a bit of something for everyone on here.

I have caviar dreams and McDonald's pockets
Back to top Go down
Colwildcat
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: Who's Who - Don't be shy... introduce yourself HERE   Who's Who - Don't be shy... introduce yourself HERE - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2016 1:17 pm

Hi All, good to join.

Name: Glenn
Married
I live in Denver, Colorado (home of the Super Bowl Champion Denver Broncos!)
Occupation: I work in Supply Chain for a major restaurant chain
Kids: 2, ages 6 and 10. Both are obsessed with Clone Wars, Rebels, and I've taken each of my son and daughter to Force Awakens 3 times (seen it 8 total myself)
No Pets
Reason I love Star Wars: Because it is the one overriding memory of my childhood that I have always had. Many, if not most of my memories revolve around the movies, playing with the toys, etc. And besides my family, it's the only thing in my life I've loved since I was 6 years old.
How did I get here: known of the site for a while. Looking for places to talk that aren't subject to some of the same drama that exists on large FB groups these days
Collecting focus: Just recently sold just about every modern piece I had. Realize I can't keep up, and it's really my childhood toys I love. Working on completing a 12 back run (6 down), a full loose run (about 10 to go, plus a few variants), and picking up the ships that I owned as a kid. I don't care if a figure is graded or not, I have some of both. I just care about the condition of the piece.
Character Focus: Obi-Wan
Collecting interest: Looking to own a carded figure of every character, on the card they were released on
Looking for: 12's and 20's at reasonable prices Smile
Back to top Go down
BarA
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: Who's Who - Don't be shy... introduce yourself HERE   Who's Who - Don't be shy... introduce yourself HERE - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2016 1:33 pm

Name: Tony
Single/Married: Married
Residence: Scotland
Kids: None
Pets: A cat
Reason(s) you love Star Wars: I grew up with them. Had and played with the toys. It was just always there
How did you get here?: Been in and out randomly over the years, after searching Star Wars related stuff on Google.
Collecting Focus: Vintage
Character Focus: No character focuses but i do seem to be buying beat-up X-Wings to help fix other beat-up X-Wings.
Collecting interest: I'll buy anything Star Wars related, new or old, IF i like it but have to say, i love the vintage stuff from when i was a kid. A lot of the newer stuff just seems to be around for middle-aged folk to make toy companies more money.
Looking For: Various weapons, various ships and a few of the original figures.
Back to top Go down
darthmatt22
Developer
Developer
darthmatt22

PostSubject: Re: Who's Who - Don't be shy... introduce yourself HERE   Who's Who - Don't be shy... introduce yourself HERE - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2016 2:09 pm

welcome Emlyn, Glenn & Tony! welcome
Back to top Go down
BarA
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: Who's Who - Don't be shy... introduce yourself HERE   Who's Who - Don't be shy... introduce yourself HERE - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2016 3:06 pm

Hellooooooo Very Happy
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Who's Who - Don't be shy... introduce yourself HERE   Who's Who - Don't be shy... introduce yourself HERE - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2016 3:30 pm

Welcome aboard Tony and Glenn.

Glenn: You saw TFA 8 times? That is some dedication. I liked it myself, but you must have loved it. There were some aspects of it I thought could have been better, but hey at least it wasn't one of the prequals......Good luck in your hunt for debut cardbacks.

Tony: I have seen a lot of star wars merchandise, but don't think I have ever seen anything specifically from Scotland. Is there any Scottish specific merchandise? How many x-wings you have? Paul (artoo_detour) has a xwing and luke x-wing focus. Check his stuff out in the limelight section.

Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Who's Who - Don't be shy... introduce yourself HERE   Who's Who - Don't be shy... introduce yourself HERE - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2016 3:54 pm

Welcome to TIG, Emlyn, Glenn and Tony welcome

thevintagetoyadvertiser.org 1970s and 80s vintage toy ads and other retro paperworks

imperialgunnery.com Vintage Star Wars action figure weapons and accessories guide
Back to top Go down
darththomas
New User
New User
darththomas

PostSubject: Re: Who's Who - Don't be shy... introduce yourself HERE   Who's Who - Don't be shy... introduce yourself HERE - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2016 3:57 pm

Thanks ks for all the welcomes guys, I'm not the easily offended type so don't worry about that
Back to top Go down
BarA
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: Who's Who - Don't be shy... introduce yourself HERE   Who's Who - Don't be shy... introduce yourself HERE - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2016 6:21 pm

Cheers for the welcomes, folks Smile

trappedtexan, i'll be honest with you, beyond the old figures and ships i had as a kid, i haven't delved too deeply to know the answers to that. There may well be but i'm more in it for the nostalgia and the memories of playing with the stuff as a kid with my friends. Now i'm older, i can afford to grab the odd thing here and there and really just want to finish off my loose collection. The X-Wing fascination is more a case of having one that needed fixed, which lead to me buying a beater, which lead to my original being fixed but left me wanting to fix up the beater Razz So at the moment i have two complete ones (albeit with the much frowned upon reprinted decals, although i do still have the originals) and another couple on their way, one of them being the U.S. version with the leds and motor sounds, that as far as i'm aware, wasn't released over here. It's pretty much coming as spare parts but i have the parts needed to fix it up, just need more damn guns and cockpits Razz And there's another beater turning up which i was thinking of painting up but we'll see how that plan goes, lol. Not a hardcore collector, just happy to get the things i had or wanted as a kid Smile It's fun fixing them back to how they were.
Back to top Go down
Lobotic
Developer
Developer
Lobotic

PostSubject: Re: Who's Who - Don't be shy... introduce yourself HERE   Who's Who - Don't be shy... introduce yourself HERE - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2016 1:37 pm

Name: Mark
Single/Married: engaged
Residence: England
Kids: just me
Pets: cat
Reason(s) you love Star Wars: biggest and best part of my childhood was my figs
How did you get here?: my childhood collection grew!!
Collecting Focus: 77-85
Character Focus: lobot
Collecting interest: loose figs mainly (love the variants/families)
Looking For: into PBPs at the mo Very Happy

Just to add, i have lots of questions to ask where do i do this?please add a link for the pc idiots like me Embarassed

Back to top Go down
darthmatt22
Developer
Developer
darthmatt22

PostSubject: Re: Who's Who - Don't be shy... introduce yourself HERE   Who's Who - Don't be shy... introduce yourself HERE - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2016 2:00 pm

Mark,

If you have questions about vintage Star Wars, there are multiple areas in which you can ask them (depending on the specific subject) but the main area that everyone will see is in "Vintage Star Wars Chat" or general chat:

http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/f1-vintage-star-wars-chat

If one day you decide to show off your collection, then you can do so here:

http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/f6-vintage-star-wars-limelights

And if one day you decide to go off the rails and start collecting My Little Pony, you can talk about it here:

http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/f5-off-topic

lol! -- This is the off topic section. You can talk about whatever you like.

There are other areas to look around at as well. Odds and ends, custom section and the sales forum.. but those links above should be good for now. I hope this helps.
Back to top Go down
Lobotic
Developer
Developer
Lobotic

PostSubject: Re: Who's Who - Don't be shy... introduce yourself HERE   Who's Who - Don't be shy... introduce yourself HERE - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2016 2:50 pm

Thanks DarthMatt22- your a lifesaver (must admit i enjoyed the carebear stare a little more than the ponies lol! ) , but seriously thank you.

I will save this page so i can use the links to post now( yes i am that bad!!), i will put some pics of my collection on but be mindful i dont have display cabinets yet or scenes.

again thanks for the welcome and info appreciate it Smile
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Who's Who - Don't be shy... introduce yourself HERE   Who's Who - Don't be shy... introduce yourself HERE - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2016 4:03 pm

Welcome aboard Mark. Looks like Matt has helped out already. You can always pm the mods, admin, or devs if you need help. We are the guys with red, purple, green and blue names. In the main vintage chat section at the very top of the section is some sticky threads so you can see how to post photos and other useful things. Glad to have new guys who enjoy the hobby come around.

Back to top Go down
Lobotic
Developer
Developer
Lobotic

PostSubject: Re: Who's Who - Don't be shy... introduce yourself HERE   Who's Who - Don't be shy... introduce yourself HERE - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2016 6:31 am

Thanks trappedtexan, and yes Matt has been very patient!! i have already started to use the guides that Matt provided which is so helpful, i will be posting some general questions that have probably already been answered but to me are a mystery :scratch:

Off subject and i am probably gonna sound like a fool Smile when i was just a lad making my own scenes etc with my figs i noticed that my tie fighter pilot had a different smell to all my other figs, like a violet sweet scent that i had never smelt before and then 2 years ago when i got my childhood collection out i remembered the smell thing so i had big sniff of my tie fighter and again there it was an odd smell compared to no other (which i really like lol), i own quite a few T/Fs and they all seem to have this smell?? is it a totally different rubber/plastic that they used for these figs??

If this is not the place to ask just make it quick lol! everything else i will post/ask in vintagestarwarschat promise

thanks trappedtexan for another welcome this place is excellent!!!!

oh and i watched the youtube link in brush with fame, awesome never seen before, i dont know how you held it together!!

Back to top Go down
hellhippie
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
hellhippie

PostSubject: Re: Who's Who - Don't be shy... introduce yourself HERE   Who's Who - Don't be shy... introduce yourself HERE - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2016 7:02 am

welcome to all the new folks
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Who's Who - Don't be shy... introduce yourself HERE   Who's Who - Don't be shy... introduce yourself HERE - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2016 10:13 am

Lobotic wrote:
Thanks trappedtexan, and yes Matt has been very patient!! i have already started to use the guides that Matt provided which is so helpful, i will be posting some general questions that have probably already been answered but to me are a mystery :scratch:  

Off subject and i am probably gonna sound like a fool Smile when i was just a lad making my own scenes etc with my figs i noticed that my tie fighter pilot had a different smell to all my other figs, like a violet sweet scent that i had never smelt before and then 2 years ago when i got my childhood collection out i remembered the smell thing so i had big sniff of my tie fighter and again there it was an odd smell compared to no other (which i really like lol), i own quite a few T/Fs and they all seem to have this smell?? is it a totally different rubber/plastic that they used for these figs??

If this is not the place to ask just make it quick  lol! everything else i will post/ask in vintagestarwarschat promise

thanks trappedtexan for another welcome this place is excellent!!!!

oh and i watched the youtube link in brush with fame, awesome never seen before, i dont know how you held it together!!

Likely it is down to the plastic used.  There is a lot of talk about pbp figures smelling different (almost sweet) and it is speculated that it was because the pbp figures were made in the same factory as some strawberry shortcake figures from the same time.  I have not seen anyone confirm this rumor for those figures though.  It is fact that the different factories used different plastics and plastic mixes so most likely this is the cause for your tie pilots difference.

Glad you are enjoying the site and that you liked my run in with Conan.

Back to top Go down
Lobotic
Developer
Developer
Lobotic

PostSubject: Re: Who's Who - Don't be shy... introduce yourself HERE   Who's Who - Don't be shy... introduce yourself HERE - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2016 10:31 am

hey Bryan loving the site, getting headrush now from all the sniffing and i must admit i have just found that my pbp dengar has a sweet smell as well? so it could be the plastics used as you explained, but i really like strawberry shortcake theory because hate to admit it but it is a very similar smell (i have 2 sisters lol) also if they did use the same factory it would explain more than just one type of figure smelling like this i guess? thanks for your time to help heal my brain. it must have been surreal being next to conan as you mentioned in the post being 6'2 he is freakishly tall, but what a funny guy!! have you dug the gazebo up yet lol!
Back to top Go down
BarA
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: Who's Who - Don't be shy... introduce yourself HERE   Who's Who - Don't be shy... introduce yourself HERE - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2016 5:49 pm

Lobotic wrote:

That's not as mad as it sounds because my brother and i have exactly the same memory. It was a kinda sweet flowery or fruity smell. Unfortunately years ago, we lost or swapped that figure but i still remember the smell. I bought a replacement figure a couple of years back but it never had the same smell, so i just assumed our old one had it because it had been in some drawer next to something Razz
Back to top Go down
Lobotic
Developer
Developer
Lobotic

PostSubject: Re: Who's Who - Don't be shy... introduce yourself HERE   Who's Who - Don't be shy... introduce yourself HERE - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2016 6:35 pm

BarA wrote:
Lobotic wrote:

That's not as mad as it sounds because my brother and i have exactly the same memory. It was a kinda sweet flowery or fruity smell. Unfortunately years ago, we lost or swapped that figure but i still remember the smell. I bought a replacement figure a couple of years back but it never had the same smell, so i just assumed our old one had it because it had been in some drawer next to something Razz

HI barA, So it wasnt just me that noticed it, such a strange smell in a nice way unsure  have you really not found a tie fighter with this scent since, i have 3 now and they all have the "smell" actually thinking about it the strongest smelling one is the one from my child hood and he is virtually card fresh, the other 2 are played with and were not owned by me and the"smell" is not very strong at all so with all that in mind it might be age or wear that makes them lose the "smell"? keep hunting there are plenty out there Smile they need to invent smellavision forget wonkavision!!Thanks for sharing your memory with me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who's Who - Don't be shy... introduce yourself HERE   Who's Who - Don't be shy... introduce yourself HERE - Page 12 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Who's Who - Don't be shy... introduce yourself HERE

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 12 of 21Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 16 ... 21  Next