The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Recent Star Wars Auction On Vectis Auctions

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
scovell001
Imperial Recruit
Imperial Recruit

Recent Star Wars Auction On Vectis Auctions Empty
PostSubject: Recent Star Wars Auction On Vectis Auctions   Recent Star Wars Auction On Vectis Auctions I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2014 4:49 am

HI to all on the forum. Last Friday - 11th July 2014 there was a Vectis Auction of star wars figures mostly vintage. I was just 'very' surprised by the auction in that most of the lots seemed to go for way over their valuation. For instance there were several boxes of what I would consider the 'durge' of the vintage figure world. With loose figures of highly varying quality and some with & without weapons - broken bits etc etc. These were valued at £40-£80 (which I thought was a bit steep) considering what they were. However, when the auction started these boxes of loose 'bits' were going for £120+

I was a bit blown away - is the new star wars film having such a massive effect on vintage figure valuations ???

Back to top Go down
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

PostSubject: Re: Recent Star Wars Auction On Vectis Auctions   Recent Star Wars Auction On Vectis Auctions I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2014 6:16 am

I'm sure the new film will be a big factor. I dare say 'dealers' will be buying up what they can now, with the view to sit on the stock and cash in when the film is released. Plus you always get people who don't necessarily know what they are doing getting carried away with bidding and ultimately over paying.

Back to top Go down
jared007
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
jared007

PostSubject: Re: Recent Star Wars Auction On Vectis Auctions   Recent Star Wars Auction On Vectis Auctions I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2014 8:00 am

Hi,

There are some strange prices being recorded out there at the moment. In general, it feels to me that the average loose figure with a vintage weapon can easily go for close to £10 now, whereas about this time last year I am sure you could get it much closer to £5.

More recently with my own experience I've seen the rarer POTF coins really shoot up in asking price, and they are being met too!

It will certainly be interesting to see if the new movies have any noticeable effect on asking prices and/or the prices that people will volunteer.

Cheers, Jared.
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: Recent Star Wars Auction On Vectis Auctions   Recent Star Wars Auction On Vectis Auctions I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2015 8:34 am

Recent Star Wars Auction On Vectis Auctions 10685518_10153021910395149_7150621098303002349_n
Back to top Go down
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

PostSubject: Re: Recent Star Wars Auction On Vectis Auctions   Recent Star Wars Auction On Vectis Auctions I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2015 9:05 am

Shocked Wow! I've heard of rocket firing Fetts go for less than that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Recent Star Wars Auction On Vectis Auctions   Recent Star Wars Auction On Vectis Auctions I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Recent Star Wars Auction On Vectis Auctions

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1