The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Original Kenner Lightsabers

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Orlitia
New User
New User

Original Kenner Lightsabers Empty
PostSubject: Original Kenner Lightsabers   Original Kenner Lightsabers I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2014 4:20 pm

I have 6 vintage Kenner figures with telescoping lightsabers (2 Luke, 2 Obi-wan, and 2 Vader). I'm pretty sure I have read everything about the subject on this website and others and I still can't be sure if I have authentic sabers or not. Some float and some don't. Some have letters on them and others don't. I believe them to be authentic but how can I be positive? Can someone please help me or put me in contact with someone who can? Thanks.
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Original Kenner Lightsabers   Original Kenner Lightsabers I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2014 4:40 pm

Welcome to TIG  welcome 

If you can upload photos some of us can have a look for you. It's true that some sabers sink and some float, so no easy tell there unfortunately. I'm guessing you've checked IG? There's also this thread for letters:
List of lettered light sabers

How to upload photos to the forum
Back to top Go down
Orlitia
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: Original Kenner Lightsabers   Original Kenner Lightsabers I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2014 2:19 pm

Here is what I have:
From left to right -
DT Luke with letter "S" on the left, floats in water
ST Luke with no lettering, rounded transition medium tip, floats on surface but sinks when pushed
ST Kenobi with letter "H" on the right, flat transition medium tip, floats on surface but sinks when pushed
ST Kenobi with no lettering, flat transition thin tip, floats in water (this one looks smaller in diameter than the others and has a shorter tip)
ST Vader with no lettering, rounded transition medium tip, floats on surface but sinks when pushed
ST Vader with no lettering, rounded transition medium tip, floats on surface but sinks when pushed

Also, some of these glow under a black light and others don't. I don't know if that has any relevance or not.

Thank you very much for your help! I'm 42 and have been collecting since 1977 but also picked up many vintage figures to complete my collection over the past 15 years and want to make sure everything I have is all original. This website is a great resource.

Original Kenner Lightsabers Dsc05313

Original Kenner Lightsabers Dsc05314
Back to top Go down
scovell001
Imperial Recruit
Imperial Recruit

PostSubject: Re: Original Kenner Lightsabers   Original Kenner Lightsabers I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2014 7:22 am

All look like the real deal to me fella. If I had to call one out, I would say it 'could' possibly be the vader sabre on the far right. I'd have to see a clearer pic.

But from what you've posted they all look good
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: Original Kenner Lightsabers   Original Kenner Lightsabers I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2014 9:35 am

I agree, most look righteous. Without having them in hand it's tough to say 100%.

If you wanted to mail out the double telescoping saber for authentication , Bill McBride is a member who offers the service.
Back to top Go down
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
sithtoys
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
sithtoys

PostSubject: Re: Original Kenner Lightsabers   Original Kenner Lightsabers I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2014 2:42 pm

DarthBerizing wrote:
I agree, most look righteous. Without having them in hand it's tough to say 100%.
If you wanted to mail out the double telescoping saber for authentication , Bill  McBride is a member who offers the service.

I'm now offering authentication services to people for these. The cost is $35usd + shipping; included is
a full write up, signed COA, and lifetime referral service for the item(s).
This is something that really has to be looked at first hand. The float test, and UV tests are not used, and
are not conclusive. There is such a range for production pieces that no one test (or combination) can determine
the authenticity of lightsabers, DT or standard.

Bill
sithtoys@aol.com
sithtoys@gmail.com
Back to top Go down
Orlitia
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: Original Kenner Lightsabers   Original Kenner Lightsabers I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2014 1:11 pm

Thanks for the feedback everyone!

Bill - Good to know that you offer this service. Is the $35 for each weapon accessory?
Back to top Go down
M4K3R1
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
M4K3R1

PostSubject: Re: Original Kenner Lightsabers   Original Kenner Lightsabers I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2014 11:17 pm

With so many different repro sabers about,
they are getting better at making the repros,
The way things are headed, authenticating single slide sabers
may be the way to know what sabers are real.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Original Kenner Lightsabers   Original Kenner Lightsabers I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Original Kenner Lightsabers

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1