The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

MTG

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jedi Blueberry
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Jedi Blueberry

MTG Empty
PostSubject: MTG   MTG I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2014 8:28 am

Just wondering if anyone plays Magic the Gathering ? I am a regular (but no advanced) player and its lot of fun celebrate 
Back to top Go down
psybertech
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
psybertech

MTG Empty
PostSubject: Re: MTG   MTG I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2014 9:38 am

Hey there,

I was a big time player back when I was in my early 20s and have tried to get back in every now and then with physical cards, but each time I tried, I quickly faded back out.

That said, Pat (RetroRewindToys) has tried to recruit me for MTGO and he is active on it. I just haven't had the time to really dedicate to learning the online version and all the new rules. I really only know cards up to Ice Age or there about. Too many new rules and changes and features to catch up on quickly.

Anyway.... drop Pat a message.

cheers!
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://leia.bespin.info/
Jedi Blueberry
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Jedi Blueberry

MTG Empty
PostSubject: Re: MTG   MTG I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2014 9:43 am

Actually I only play with the physical cards (I use my Xbox for BF4, nothing else) every friday with good buddies at home. A good opportunity to taste new beers   drinking2 (we have a great choice in Belgium...)  lol! 
Back to top Go down
psybertech
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
psybertech

MTG Empty
PostSubject: Re: MTG   MTG I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2014 9:47 am

Ahhhhh....

I love playing with my brothers which I still do every now and then. Very old and basic white weenies, goblin or red damage, denial, etc. I love the basics and they still are fun and especially with beer! Take a drink for every point of damage! haha
Back to top Go down
Jedi Blueberry
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Jedi Blueberry

MTG Empty
PostSubject: Re: MTG   MTG I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2014 9:54 am

Aha great, I do play straightforward too (I am not a complicated player;): goblins, fireballs, dragons, vampires, rats... mainly black and red, sometimes a bit of blue (green and white is too complicated to understand for me)  :I am stupid: ...
Back to top Go down
psybertech
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
psybertech

MTG Empty
PostSubject: Re: MTG   MTG I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2014 10:01 am

haha

Back in the day, I would go to competitions and championships and hustle players for ante cards.  geek 
My main deck was a 5 color, creature-less, total denial deck (cards, library, creatures).
Full Power 9, dual lands, mirror, abyss and more... my deck could last one round for an hour if need be.  Shocked 

I had to quit playing because I actually got migraines playing!
Its a shame I quit cause I loved it. I'd win moxes, lotuses, time walks, etc in any match I played if I won it (and I usually did).
I had a freaking binder 3 inches thick of mostly black bordered power 9s! Sold them in the mid 90s to help fund a car.... if I had held onto them, they could have funded a house!  throw up
Back to top Go down
Jedi Blueberry
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Jedi Blueberry

MTG Empty
PostSubject: Re: MTG   MTG I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2014 10:09 am

In any case, it looks like you had powerful decks: moxes, lotuses, time walks are "Graal" now!! The price on ebay have rocketed for these early cards! I think I have never seen them for real. I have some good cards too (but nothing compared to that) - I only start playing with the Zendikar block. Older cards I own are mainly from fleamarkets purchases. I think we all did the mistake to sell to things too early (but sometimes things too late - when the trend was gone..)!
Back to top Go down
psybertech
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
psybertech

MTG Empty
PostSubject: Re: MTG   MTG I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2014 10:18 am

I was lucky to start playing at the end of Beta and when Unlimited first hit the shelves so the Power 9s were everywhere and the original rules allowed you to play for ante, and everyone did!  Cool 

Like everything... if only I knew back then what they would sell for now, I'd be rich!  head bang
Or at least have one hell of a Star Wars collection! Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

MTG Empty
PostSubject: Re: MTG   MTG I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MTG

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Imperial Gunnery Forum :: Off Topic