The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Possible Poch limelight

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Jedi Blueberry
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Jedi Blueberry

Possible Poch limelight - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Possible Poch limelight   Possible Poch limelight - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2014 4:52 am

Kenneth, I really would love to read your limelights  :clap: . I am very interested in Poch figures too, but I have been deceived by seeing rocket price lately on Ebay Spain for pseudo Poch figures (that actually looked quite normal to me), that it refrained me lately. Also, I still have to learn a load on the subject, so any thread on it ,is always welcome. I have some figure shome too that I believe are POCH but really not sure about it, so if you start a thread on it, it will certainly give me more confidence on posting my pictures too.
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: Possible Poch limelight   Possible Poch limelight - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2014 5:31 am

People around the world rejoice

Possible Poch limelight - Page 2 Thumbsup-alec

Possible Poch limelight - Page 2 Giphy

Back to top Go down
llseeker
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner

PostSubject: Re: Possible Poch limelight   Possible Poch limelight - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2014 12:29 am

Kenneth, yes please! Limelight! Limelight! Limelight!....

Carlos
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: Possible Poch limelight   Possible Poch limelight - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2014 3:57 am

I quote AJ....

aussiejames wrote:
Possible Poch limelight - Page 2 I-dont-get-it-where-are-the-pictures
 Smile

....still waiting!!!  Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz 
Back to top Go down
Kenneth_B
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Kenneth_B

PostSubject: Re: Possible Poch limelight   Possible Poch limelight - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2014 4:35 am

And the radio silence after my updated FS thread this weekend is exactly why, I had doubts about doing the Poch limelight. Even despite of summer holidays & WC it's the same each time, that I update my FS thread with some imo very exciting and in some cases rather unknown variants. Not just me of course- same with Lee, Greg etc. Always the same 5 or 6 guys expressing interest in my figures. I fully get, that the prices can seem "tough" on some of these variants, but in general my prices are being fair imo. And at the end of the day each single price is up for negotiation. I would rather sell for instance a PBP CCP at € 50 instead of 70 just to see it end up in a friend &/or dedicated variant collector's collection rather than selling it on ebay to a stranger...

But again it's not about me being angry or anything about not selling any of my spare figures, all though it might sound so. People should purchase what ever the want, since it's their hard earned money. It's merely the way, that variant collecting has developed for the past few years, that I don't like. No one really seem to care about the really HTF stuff - both in terms of paying for it or at least showing some curiosity, which I would certinly do myself, if I was a "newer" variant collector! I'm generalizing here I know, since there are of course guys being really passionate about the rarer and rather unknown stuff like some of the PBP or Poch figures.

Despite of what people have written in this thread I still can fear, that it will be the same few guys expressing true interest in these figures really loving to see these rare figures and wanting to discuss some of them. And yeah there are of course focus collectors, who would be interested in seing and discussing maybe their "favourite character" but what about the rest of the figures? Probably will be the same 5 or 6 guys discussing these but I hope, that I'm being wrong of course.

If I wanted to just receive acknowledgement for my Poch collection, I could post just one (front) pic showing all of them and receive some credit for that. That would also be a much less time demanding project to be quite honest. Time that I could use together with my two small daugthers. And Wolff of course I'm not aiming at you when mentioning a Poch overview pic of all the figures, like you have done in your Poch limelight in here. Few guys within this hobby has spend as much time as you creating free visual guides, contributing with new knowledge etc. Very Happy 

In all circumstances I have promised a Poch limelight, and a Poch limelight will come very soon. Smile  I'll just consíder how much time I'll spend making detailed close-up pics publically. ...
Back to top Go down
chris.75
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
chris.75

PostSubject: Re: Possible Poch limelight   Possible Poch limelight - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2014 7:28 am

This is just my opinion and of course I could be completely wrong. But I think that collecting Poch figures is still relatively new on the collecting circuit, having only gained popularity in the last three years or so.
Which when speaking about a franchise that has been around for some 30+ years, thats not very long at all.
Its only thanks to the hard work and time put in by a few collectors, such as your good self, Kenneth, Wolff, Marco, Javi and Ricardo (sorry if I missed anyone) that have developed the Poch/PBP discussion thread, that has helped to bring these rare, quirky and often unique figures to people's attention.

But I still think that most collectors still don't know much about these figures. You only have to read some of the comments on the FB groups to know that a lot of the collectors out still dont know much about variant collecting.

Is there Poch/PBP discussion threads on R.S or SWFUK? Or is it just one thread here on TIG?

So I definately feel that a limelight highlighting individual characters and their variations, put up on all the forums, is still a great idea for promoting awareness about this really cool and very rare line of figures.
After all promoting awerness and stimulating interest in this line of figures can only help boost your sales too my friend  Wink
Back to top Go down
Kenneth_B
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Kenneth_B

PostSubject: Re: Possible Poch limelight   Possible Poch limelight - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2014 7:57 am

Chris,

You're one of those guys, whom I would make a million detailed pics for, because you're both a very good friend as well as very interested/involved in the Poch/PBP lines of figures.Very Happy  You're also one of those 5 or 6 guys, who I referred to in my latest post. Smile 

That being said I truely have serious doubts, how people/collectors look at Poch figures, which I have mentioned a few times. Are these just a bunch of weirdo figures composed of a mixture of Kenner and Poch painted parts, and are they at all worth collecting or even spending time with?? A Poch limelight if you consider individual pics as well as comparision pics with Kenner coo brothers and sisters is a HUGE and extremely time demanding job - time that I have all ready severe difficulties finding... And would a lot of people in the end really appreciate it as well as get involved by asking questions about these figures etc, etc? I have my doubts - that's for sure! And further more: The more details regarding these figures are made public by pics and descriptions, the we'll maybe see an increasement of figures with bite marks on the back, faded hands or similar being listed on ebay as a genuine Poch variants. Or "repainted"/tampered with or, or... The market does not deserve to be floated with questionable Poch figures, as we all ready see at this point to some degree. These were some of my initial concerns and reason, that I consider(ed) to share these pics with a handfull or a few more collector friends only.

I hope, that these statements of mine made sense to a certain degree! I'm still considering how to do the limelight. In all circumstances Javi's coming book will probably reveal more Poch & PBP details, than I would ever be able to make. Both in terms of the amount of figures as well as the descriptions & pics.
Back to top Go down
chiktabba
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
chiktabba

PostSubject: Re: Possible Poch limelight   Possible Poch limelight - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2014 8:27 am

I just saw your fs thread as i was away for the week-end.
I would buy your posh stormtrooper an few other like chewe, death squad commander and tie pilot at emblem if i was not broke. if i sell few figs, i Will buy yours Wink i know many people searching this death squad commander! Maybe you could post your thread on other forums like spanish Sw or rebelscum
Back to top Go down
http://www.collection-starwars.com/collection-chiktabba
Kenneth_B
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Kenneth_B

PostSubject: Re: Possible Poch limelight   Possible Poch limelight - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2014 8:41 am

Hi Nicolas,

You're another one of those few guys, whom I would make additional pics for any day! Smile 

Yeah Rebelscum or maybe the swspanishstuff forum will be next step for these figures.

The DSC, Chewie & Stormtrooper are now being reserved by a friend. Smile I just wish, that other guys would find interest in the Poch line of figures also... Not necessarily at all by buying them but just by showing genuine interest in these. Marco's Poch/PBP thread would have been dead and burried long ago, it it wasn't for the few decicated collectors (like yourself) posting in there. Smile 
Back to top Go down
psybertech
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
psybertech

PostSubject: Re: Possible Poch limelight   Possible Poch limelight - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2014 9:08 am

I can't speak for anyone else but I will definitely get more into POCH as time moves on.
I am still very new in Star Wars collecting. It's only been about 18 months in and my basic loose Kenner run is just about complete. But, as I move forward and meet some specific goals, I will evolve more into a true variant hunter. Smile

I know I haven't really contributed to the POCH info much because any and all information that I have, all have come from the folks like you, Kenneth, and the others you have mentioned. Without all of your help and connections, I wouldn't have mine and I certainly wouldn't have the very rare family 2 Leia Bespin!  cheers 

I come back to the POCH thread here and some POCH FS threads many times a week on average for comparisons and overall research. I stay silent solely because I can't offer any more than what is already present. BUT, if the threads didn't exist, I know I would be lost.

I know putting a detailed guide/limelight together takes time in writing, layout and all the pictures and it is a huge undertaking, but if one is done, people will visit and learn.
At least for me, my Leia site took months to initially get the way I wanted and I update it with each new pick up. But, to date, most of the pages have less than 400 visits within the past 10 months and I know that a lot of them are the same folks coming back. But... I didn't do it thinking it would be popular. I just wanted to document and share for anyone that cares. If I never got one hit, I would still be happy that it was created and out there.

So Kenneth, if you want to create it, please do man!
I think if you do, in the end, seeing what you have created and shared with the world will make you feel happy and proud. So do it for yourself! Smile

I wish I could help contribute more and hope to in the future. Until then, I look forward to anything you can share, Kenneth!!!
 study 
And just for the record... I'll most likely pick up Javi's book in support of him, but I am a digital guy and for reference and research, I prefer my PC! tongue

Take care, Kenneth!

cheers!
J
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://leia.bespin.info/
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

PostSubject: Re: Possible Poch limelight   Possible Poch limelight - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2014 9:13 am

I would love to see all your figures with all the features identified, I'm a big fan of guides  Very Happy  and I love seeing peoples collections especially ones with rare pieces in them.

I would love some of your figures as you know, that black pouch Chewie and certainly the chocolate pants Han! unfortunately though at the moment I'm a little broke  Sad  most of my spare cash is currently going towards setting up my own buisness which will hopefully give me much more to play with in the future  Smile 

Back to top Go down
Kenneth_B
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Kenneth_B

PostSubject: Re: Possible Poch limelight   Possible Poch limelight - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 01, 2014 12:19 pm

Jay & Alex,

I consider both of you as very good friends of mine, and both of you'll receive the extended Poch limelight for sure, in case I'll make two seperate versions (one for my limelight thread in TIG and & a more detailed one for my collector friends). Smile 

Alex: Best of luck with your new business. Can you reveal some more details? Wink 

Jay: I only have three words for you: Anaheim, April 2015. cheers
Back to top Go down
psybertech
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
psybertech

PostSubject: Re: Possible Poch limelight   Possible Poch limelight - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 01, 2014 12:30 pm

Kenneth_B wrote:
Jay: I only have three words for you: Anaheim, April 2015. cheers

289 DAYS 0 HOURS 30 MINUTES

But whose counting???? Razz

Yeah buddy!  cheers 
Back to top Go down
http://leia.bespin.info/
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

PostSubject: Re: Possible Poch limelight   Possible Poch limelight - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 01, 2014 1:01 pm

Anheim, Celebration VII, California, Year of the new Star Wars film, Pffft who cares, I'm off to Scunthorpe for a weekend break  :cool laugh: 

Joking a side, really wish I was going  Sad  I'll be expecting photo's...... lots of photo's!!!!!

I consider you a good friend too Kenneth and really can't wait for the limelight  cheers 

Kenneth_B wrote:
Alex: Best of luck with your new business. Can you reveal some more details?

Tattoo Parlour  Smile  I will get to make money off causing people pain and making many of them look stupid while also filling them with regret, it really doesn't get much better than that!!!  Twisted Evil 
Back to top Go down
yeah-sus
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
yeah-sus

PostSubject: Re: Possible Poch limelight   Possible Poch limelight - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 01, 2014 4:17 pm

kenneth i would love to see your poch limelight

I have loved that line since u made the lightgreen limbs boosk public a couple of years ago
Back to top Go down
HughJorgan
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: Possible Poch limelight   Possible Poch limelight - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 01, 2014 11:42 pm

Count me in too for someone that would love to see your limelight. I don't post here often but do lurk. I spend more time over at RS. I got into Poch/PBP about a year ago and plan to keep going. I came pretty close to sending you a PM on your Chewie but was tight on funds after landing a 12 back Leia. I have a small but decent collection of figs and I'm currently saving to jump at the chance to land a Poch Bossk Yes I know he big bucks and is far from common but he's top of my list for now. Cool 

As a collector on a budget (rather tight at times) its hard to pull the trigger on a fig that pops up only here and there. I've laid off my LL line for now to focus on PBP/Poch so I should be able to get a few more.

Anyway....I respect your decision either way. It's your time and the fact you are willing to share it and give it up for your passion is commendable.  cheers 

Take care, Mike
Back to top Go down
lfantelo
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner

PostSubject: Re: Possible Poch limelight   Possible Poch limelight - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2014 6:50 am

Hi,

I´m not as active on this forum as I wished I were (just started working abroad), but my main focus being PBP and Poch (both loose and MOC), I think this is one of the natural havens for long time collectors.

Someone wise said that anyone collecting SW for more than 20 years would end up either with bootlegs, foreign variants, preproduction or just quitting, and I could not agree more. I think that Poch/PBP in a way encompasses all those dimensions.

Being a good friend of Javi, I'm eagerly waiting for his book (but alas, he is too much of a perfectionist), and at the same time being also a fan of your way and philosophy of collecting, Ken,I hope you guys did leave bygones be bygones and have re-stablished contact. This amazing and complex world of foreign variants needs you both, most of times as a whole
Back to top Go down
Kenneth_B
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Kenneth_B

PostSubject: Re: Possible Poch limelight   Possible Poch limelight - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2014 2:59 am

Hi Luis,

I can asure you, that Javi and I are still in contact. Smile  In fact I just asked him for a favour as late as Yesterday. Wink I hope, that Javi and I can discuss some of the "tougher" Poch figures figures planned to be a part of Javis book. I also hope to get use of Javis huge knowledge within Spanish produced vintage star wars figure variants, if i decide to make the huge and highly detailed public limelight of my Poch & PBP collections.

I btw hope, that you're doing great Luis, and if you're interested in trading or discussing Poch figures at some point feel free to contact me! Smile 

All the best!! Very Happy 

Kenenth
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Possible Poch limelight   Possible Poch limelight - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Possible Poch limelight

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2