The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

RIP Rik Mayall - comedy genius, The Young Ones, Bottom...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

RIP Rik Mayall - comedy genius, The Young Ones, Bottom... Empty
PostSubject: RIP Rik Mayall - comedy genius, The Young Ones, Bottom...   RIP Rik Mayall - comedy genius, The Young Ones, Bottom... I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2014 7:48 am

I was gutted late yesterday to hear that he'd died aged only 56  Sad 

My teenage years wouldn't have been the same without watching The Young Ones and, later, Bottom on the TV.
I was also lucky to see Bottom live. The raw energy Rik gave was something else. I bet Ade is well sad they can't perform together again.

Also loved Rik in the spoof UK heavy metal band 'Bad News', and as the voices for the PS1 game Hogs of War, among many other cool roles he played on TV and film.

RIP dude  Cool
Back to top Go down
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

PostSubject: Re: RIP Rik Mayall - comedy genius, The Young Ones, Bottom...   RIP Rik Mayall - comedy genius, The Young Ones, Bottom... I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2014 8:25 am

Sad news indeed!
The Young Ones was one of my favourite series. I particularly like the episode 'Bambi'. His small part as Lord Flashheart in Black Adder II (episode Bells) was also very memorable & still makes me laugh.
Back to top Go down
arohk
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
arohk

PostSubject: Re: RIP Rik Mayall - comedy genius, The Young Ones, Bottom...   RIP Rik Mayall - comedy genius, The Young Ones, Bottom... I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2014 1:00 pm

I didn't recognise the name at first until I seen his face I do remember a few of the things he was in along with cameo appearances like black adder and American werewolf in London just watched that the other day although I never seen him in person I am sure he would have been great to see. May he rest in peace it's sad when one dies at such a young age.
Back to top Go down
ourchickenshack
Force Addict
Force Addict
ourchickenshack

PostSubject: Re: RIP Rik Mayall - comedy genius, The Young Ones, Bottom...   RIP Rik Mayall - comedy genius, The Young Ones, Bottom... I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2014 1:20 pm

RIP Rik Mayall - comedy genius, The Young Ones, Bottom... Tumblr_mj8fr9dI6i1qklz60o1_400

Sad 

I too am a huge Young Ones fan . My 1st introduction to British TV was Monty python of course but The Young Ones were the next adventure . They made me a fan of British humor for life  cheers 

RIP Rik Mayall - comedy genius, The Young Ones, Bottom... 7d3a9410
Back to top Go down
arohk
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
arohk

PostSubject: Re: RIP Rik Mayall - comedy genius, The Young Ones, Bottom...   RIP Rik Mayall - comedy genius, The Young Ones, Bottom... I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2014 1:27 pm

That is one of the good parts about growing up in Canada we had lots of British tv to watch coronation street, my hero, Faulty Towers, Are you being served etc.
Back to top Go down
chris.75
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
chris.75

PostSubject: Re: RIP Rik Mayall - comedy genius, The Young Ones, Bottom...   RIP Rik Mayall - comedy genius, The Young Ones, Bottom... I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2014 3:11 pm

RIP Rik, thanks for the laughs.

Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: RIP Rik Mayall - comedy genius, The Young Ones, Bottom...   RIP Rik Mayall - comedy genius, The Young Ones, Bottom... I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2014 4:24 pm

Sad news, such a brilliant actor.

I loved watching the Young Ones.
Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RIP Rik Mayall - comedy genius, The Young Ones, Bottom...   RIP Rik Mayall - comedy genius, The Young Ones, Bottom... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

RIP Rik Mayall - comedy genius, The Young Ones, Bottom...

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1