The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

POTF Luke Stormtrooper blaster

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Furtin
New User
New User

POTF Luke Stormtrooper  blaster Empty
PostSubject: POTF Luke Stormtrooper blaster   POTF Luke Stormtrooper  blaster I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2014 7:31 am

Hi guys,

I recently started collecting vintage Luke stormies and the obvious main problem, is to come by an original solid black weapon, like the one you show on your "Imperial blasters" page.

My question is now, if it's really confirmed that Luke came *only* with this weapon?
Or did Kenner maybe packed some with the V4 blue/black stormtrooper blaster, since they fell into the same timeframe (POTF/TriLogo)?
Or the V1c thin, no dent, no circle in dark blue/black?

Help me ImperialGunnery, you are my only hope!  R2D2 
Andrea
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: POTF Luke Stormtrooper blaster   POTF Luke Stormtrooper  blaster I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2014 8:19 am

welcome  to TIG Andrea.  It's possible that a genuine MOC might show up one day with an alternative colour / sculpt. But confirmed MOCs (as far as TIG knows) show the solid black version.
Back to top Go down
Furtin
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: POTF Luke Stormtrooper blaster   POTF Luke Stormtrooper  blaster I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2014 8:35 am

Artoo_Detour wrote:
welcome  to TIG Andrea.  It's possible that a genuine MOC might show up one day with an alternative colour / sculpt. But confirmed MOCs (as far as TIG knows) show the solid black version.

Argh, I knew it!  Crying or Very sad 

Well thanks nonetheless for clearing that up. I started to write all ebay sellers with an "100% complete and original" Luke Stormie a while ago and linked them to your imperial blasters section. A couple of them even send me better pics of their blasters and some corrected their ebay desciption, so there is hope. But most of the Luke Stormtroopers come with the wrong blaster. If not everyone on ebay...  Stormie Smiley 

Thanks again,
Andrea

Edit: and I totally forgot to mention - THANKS FOR WELCOMING ME!  celebrate 
Back to top Go down
CorporateSlave
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer

PostSubject: Re: POTF Luke Stormtrooper blaster   POTF Luke Stormtrooper  blaster I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 19, 2014 8:49 am

Hah!  I was just going to start a topic like this, and I thought, "Better search first so I don't look like a total forum etiquette n00b!"  
When I opened the 'Watch Out' section, this thread was already right at the top, with the exact same question I was planning to ask!  cheers 

I've had this same problem twice (once with a very reliable seller, once from a gibbering idiot) so I think there is still some confusion out there about what a true black POTF imperial blaster is.  If I recall, both seemed to be the Dark Grey/Black V1-b...although perhaps that's simply because outside of a POTF blaster, that is the 'blackest' looking one out there?  

The gibbering guy was dead set that it was a 'solid black' even after I sent close up photos comparing a genuine one with the one he sent - with a light behind clearly showing translucency in his.  Not as much as the more translucent versions, and not as blue...but still nothing like solid.  I swear it can be easier trying to find genuine DT lightsabers than some of these imperial blaster variants!
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: POTF Luke Stormtrooper blaster   POTF Luke Stormtrooper  blaster I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 19, 2014 9:05 am

welcome  to TIG Corporateslave! Glad you found us. Hope you enjoy the forum  Cool
Back to top Go down
CorporateSlave
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer

PostSubject: Re: POTF Luke Stormtrooper blaster   POTF Luke Stormtrooper  blaster I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 19, 2014 12:34 pm

Also thanks for the welcome, can't believe I've been a member here for almost a year and this was my first post!  Shocked 
Back to top Go down
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

PostSubject: Re: POTF Luke Stormtrooper blaster   POTF Luke Stormtrooper  blaster I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 19, 2014 12:39 pm

welcome to TIG guys.

CorporateSlave wrote:
... can't believe I've been a member here for almost a year and this was my first post!  Shocked 

Hopefully you will make many more.  Wink 
Back to top Go down
CorporateSlave
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer

PostSubject: Re: POTF Luke Stormtrooper blaster   POTF Luke Stormtrooper  blaster I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2014 6:49 pm

CorporateSlave wrote:
...still some confusion out there about what a true black (Stormtrooper Luke) POTF imperial blaster is.  If I recall, both seemed to be the Dark Grey/Black V1-b...although perhaps that's simply because outside of a POTF blaster, that is the 'blackest' looking one out there?  

So...does anyone know, was a POTF Stormtrooper Luke MOC, U-grade (*shudder*), or cut card ever confirmed to have anything other than the solid, opaque black V1-c blaster?  I dug it out of storage for the backlight test, and I have at least one loose one that came with what is a V1-b dark black/blue.  The other one (from the gibbering seller) is actually a blue-black V4! (granted: looks black when a light is shined on it, but translucent blue on all thin parts when shined through it)

I've heard somewhere that AFA will grade two versions of blasters with the Luke Stormtrooper?  Or am I thinking of something else here?  Could it be/can anyone confirm that there was ever a dark black/blue V1-c or V1-b released with, say, the initial production run of the POTF figures, before they switched to the opaque, solid black V1-c that also went out on Droids series figures?  Or is this all just confusion and/or scammery on the part of some (seems most) sellers of this figure?
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: POTF Luke Stormtrooper blaster   POTF Luke Stormtrooper  blaster I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2014 5:52 am

Not to confuse the issue there may be unconfirmed V5 black Luke Stormtrooper imperial blaster.  :scratch:  unsure
Back to top Go down
CorporateSlave
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer

PostSubject: Re: POTF Luke Stormtrooper blaster   POTF Luke Stormtrooper  blaster I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2014 4:44 pm

aussiejames wrote:
Not to confuse the issue there may be unconfirmed V5 black Luke Stormtrooper imperial blaster.  :scratch:  unsure

Jiminey Christmas!  doh 

Well neither dubious one I got was a V5 at least...

I'm thinking I may have to spring for a MOC copy and just try the backlight test through the bubble...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: POTF Luke Stormtrooper blaster   POTF Luke Stormtrooper  blaster I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

POTF Luke Stormtrooper blaster

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1