The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Grey Limbs Snowtrooper - ALL opinions welcome

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Chopper
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Chopper

Grey Limbs Snowtrooper - ALL opinions welcome Empty
PostSubject: Grey Limbs Snowtrooper - ALL opinions welcome   Grey Limbs Snowtrooper - ALL opinions welcome I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 13, 2014 7:30 am

I still say too good to be true ....

Grey Limbs Snowtrooper - ALL opinions welcome E76q
Grey Limbs Snowtrooper - ALL opinions welcome 90a0
Grey Limbs Snowtrooper - ALL opinions welcome E7aw
Grey Limbs Snowtrooper - ALL opinions welcome 8vlw
Grey Limbs Snowtrooper - ALL opinions welcome Zlv4
Grey Limbs Snowtrooper - ALL opinions welcome Vuds
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: Grey Limbs Snowtrooper - ALL opinions welcome   Grey Limbs Snowtrooper - ALL opinions welcome I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 13, 2014 7:39 am

I've seen this in person & I must say I was very excited.  For sure moulded grey not painted but I fogot to check it against an AT-AT driver.  The leg markings do seem only for an AT-AT driver.
Grey Limbs Snowtrooper - ALL opinions welcome Atat_d10
Grey Limbs Snowtrooper - ALL opinions welcome Imperi10

edit: http://forum.rebelscum.com/t812911/
Back to top Go down
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

PostSubject: Re: Grey Limbs Snowtrooper - ALL opinions welcome   Grey Limbs Snowtrooper - ALL opinions welcome I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 13, 2014 7:45 am

Definitely AT-AT driver limbs, but it's still a very cool figure!
Back to top Go down
Chopper
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Chopper

PostSubject: Re: Grey Limbs Snowtrooper - ALL opinions welcome   Grey Limbs Snowtrooper - ALL opinions welcome I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 13, 2014 7:57 am

I've looked at this bloody figure for hours !!!!

100% AT-AT limbs but I would say never painted. There is no paint (even looking under a magnifying glass) and no minor pitting or strange sheen stripped figures get.

I bought it from the same bloke I got the Bib with an unpainted face and a Princess Leia with two left legs .... but that's a WHOLE other debate
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: Grey Limbs Snowtrooper - ALL opinions welcome   Grey Limbs Snowtrooper - ALL opinions welcome I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 13, 2014 8:17 am

Chopper wrote:
I've looked at this bloody figure for hours !!!!

100% AT-AT limbs but I would say never painted. There is no paint (even looking under a magnifying glass) and no minor pitting or strange sheen stripped figures get.

I bought it from the same bloke I got the Bib with an unpainted face and a Princess Leia with two left legs .... but that's a WHOLE other debate

First time I've seen one, but I've heard and read about the rumours for years. So the grey libs are AT-AT limbs, interesting??

Have you checked under UV light to check for any paint remnants?
Back to top Go down
Chopper
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Chopper

PostSubject: Re: Grey Limbs Snowtrooper - ALL opinions welcome   Grey Limbs Snowtrooper - ALL opinions welcome I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 13, 2014 8:22 am

I have looked it under a black light .... nothing .... not sure if that's the same as UV?
Back to top Go down
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

PostSubject: Re: Grey Limbs Snowtrooper - ALL opinions welcome   Grey Limbs Snowtrooper - ALL opinions welcome I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2014 9:52 am

I saw a Zuckuss last year from a childhood collection with two left arms, tge problem is how easy it is to swap limbs. You vould put some AT-AT driver legs on a Snow Trooper in a couple of minutes with more than hot water.
I agree that they do appear yo be unpainted, but again I have a couple of AT'AT Drivers with that white paint that practically falls off.
I question everything these days, very cool figure though.
Back to top Go down
psybertech
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
psybertech

PostSubject: Re: Grey Limbs Snowtrooper - ALL opinions welcome   Grey Limbs Snowtrooper - ALL opinions welcome I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2014 10:09 am

General Kahn wrote:
I saw a Zuckuss last year from a childhood collection with two left arms, tge problem is how easy it is to swap limbs. You vould put some AT-AT driver legs on a Snow Trooper in a couple of minutes with more than hot water.
I agree that they do appear yo be unpainted, but again I have a couple of AT'AT Drivers with that white paint that practically falls off.
I question everything these days, very cool figure though.

Very cool looking regardless of how it came to be. I like oddities (mixed up parts, unpainted parts, etc).

I have a Wicket with two left arms. It was bought as normal (not advertised) so I don't have any real reason to thing it was faked via boil and pop. I assume there is a two right arm one out there. Its an oddity and that's all I consider my Wicket. Laughing

cheers!
Very Happy

Back to top Go down
http://leia.bespin.info/
AussieFortuna
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
AussieFortuna

PostSubject: Re: Grey Limbs Snowtrooper - ALL opinions welcome   Grey Limbs Snowtrooper - ALL opinions welcome I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2014 1:11 pm

So i gather these are 100% collector made, the myth that these where factory made is just that, a myth ?
Back to top Go down
Chopper
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Chopper

PostSubject: Re: Grey Limbs Snowtrooper - ALL opinions welcome   Grey Limbs Snowtrooper - ALL opinions welcome I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 1:05 am

Who knows???

I think ones with two left or right something could possibly be factory mistakes, with that many figures produced there had to be some mistakes not picked up in QA.

Unless someone knows any better I would say mine is a boil and pop.

Still love the figure and glad to have it in my collection. Unless it can be shown to come from a Kenner employee (etc) then logic says custom. I think if you can take that attitude then arguments about authenticity become moot, unless someone is trying to pass it off as something it is not.

I really like these discussions, it brings out all sorts of facts that I never new about factories, mold families etc etc.
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: Grey Limbs Snowtrooper - ALL opinions welcome   Grey Limbs Snowtrooper - ALL opinions welcome I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 1:37 am

I recall a MOC with two left/right limbs can't find a picture at the moment, unpainted certainly exist
Grey Limbs Snowtrooper - ALL opinions welcome B78D8862-30D6-4FB2-BD82-122587CE1697-15102-00000C5A65E4CB83_zpscd278ce8
Grey Limbs Snowtrooper - ALL opinions welcome DSC_0011
(Hayd pics)
Back to top Go down
AussieFortuna
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
AussieFortuna

PostSubject: Re: Grey Limbs Snowtrooper - ALL opinions welcome   Grey Limbs Snowtrooper - ALL opinions welcome I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 2:28 am

Chopper wrote:
Who knows???

I think ones with two left or right something could possibly be factory mistakes, with that many figures produced there had to be some mistakes not picked up in QA.

Unless someone knows any better I would say mine is a boil and pop.

Still love the figure and glad to have it in my collection. Unless it can be shown to come from a Kenner employee (etc) then logic says custom. I think if you can take that attitude then arguments about authenticity become moot, unless someone is trying to pass it off as something it is not.

I really like these discussions, it brings out all sorts of facts that I never new about factories, mold families etc etc.

Agree, some of the ones with two right limbs etc could be factory errors, but im thinking about the grey limb snows, these have been talked about for years, some people swear they are the real deal, but ive never seen one carded or bagged.
Back to top Go down
Chopper
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Chopper

PostSubject: Re: Grey Limbs Snowtrooper - ALL opinions welcome   Grey Limbs Snowtrooper - ALL opinions welcome I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 11:24 am

Then if there have been no carded examples we can only speculate origins
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: Grey Limbs Snowtrooper - ALL opinions welcome   Grey Limbs Snowtrooper - ALL opinions welcome I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 11:35 am

ALL opinions??? Seriously??

lol! lol! lol! 

I bite tongue! LOL

The boil and pop really was and is still a popular sport it seems Wink

It is no problem at all stripping colors on some. It gets difficult when the colors ( some pigments especially red etc) bleed into the plastics...but on ATAT Driver it is very easy....just saying!

Even if original it cant be proven...it can only be disproven!

So...who wants one?? Asking 75 a piece....can make 100+++...just let me know  Razz Razz 

BTW: Most often wrong assembled figure is the Jawa....you ask why?? Because you cannot see it under the fucking robe!!!  Razz Razz Razz
Back to top Go down
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

PostSubject: Re: Grey Limbs Snowtrooper - ALL opinions welcome   Grey Limbs Snowtrooper - ALL opinions welcome I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 11:49 am

wbobafett wrote:

BTW: Most often wrong assembled figure is the Jawa....you ask why?? Because you cannot see it under the fucking robe!!!  Razz Razz Razz

I'd agree with that! I've got one where the legs were fitted the wrong way round & I can see how that would slip through QC.  Smile 
Back to top Go down
chris.75
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
chris.75

PostSubject: Re: Grey Limbs Snowtrooper - ALL opinions welcome   Grey Limbs Snowtrooper - ALL opinions welcome I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 12:19 pm

Yep definitely unpainted/stripped At-At driver limbs, the sculpt is completely different to the Hothtrooper anyway

Grey Limbs Snowtrooper - ALL opinions welcome DSCF7081_zpsc2ae303d

but assembly errors are common, I pulled this one from a sealed baggie, back in the late 80's

Grey Limbs Snowtrooper - ALL opinions welcome DSCF7084_zps1568a0ad

Doesn't AJ have a Hothtrooper with two right arms?
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: Grey Limbs Snowtrooper - ALL opinions welcome   Grey Limbs Snowtrooper - ALL opinions welcome I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 12:25 pm

Hey, don't forget this bad ass mofo....!

Grey Limbs Snowtrooper - ALL opinions welcome 7gkFaT5
and stop staring at his arse!
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: Grey Limbs Snowtrooper - ALL opinions welcome   Grey Limbs Snowtrooper - ALL opinions welcome I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 2:53 pm

walkie wrote:

]and stop staring at his arse!!

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked 

I didn't...

Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Yes I did  Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed 
Back to top Go down
Chopper
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Chopper

PostSubject: Re: Grey Limbs Snowtrooper - ALL opinions welcome   Grey Limbs Snowtrooper - ALL opinions welcome I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 7:46 pm

Unfortunately Wolff you are 100% correct on both counts.

He is a Pop Tart

and

I think, even with a careful description that does not purport the figure to be 100% genuine factory error, that you would likely get +$100 for him on shitBay. Just look at the latest purchases of Orange Cape Squids .... just stupid.
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: Grey Limbs Snowtrooper - ALL opinions welcome   Grey Limbs Snowtrooper - ALL opinions welcome I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 16, 2014 9:39 am

Anyone fancy a Solo armed hothtropper?

Grey Limbs Snowtrooper - ALL opinions welcome AEaDYkU
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: Grey Limbs Snowtrooper - ALL opinions welcome   Grey Limbs Snowtrooper - ALL opinions welcome I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 16, 2014 1:28 pm

you mean the rare version without gloves?? DAAAANG.....I am looking for one since 20+ YEARS!!!

payment plan??
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: Grey Limbs Snowtrooper - ALL opinions welcome   Grey Limbs Snowtrooper - ALL opinions welcome I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 16, 2014 1:31 pm

wbobafett wrote:
you mean the rare version without gloves?? DAAAANG.....I am looking for one since 20+ YEARS!!!

payment plan??

Way out of your league my friend, the payment plan would take another 20+ years!!!  lol! 
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: Grey Limbs Snowtrooper - ALL opinions welcome   Grey Limbs Snowtrooper - ALL opinions welcome I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 16, 2014 2:18 pm

Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad 

well....worth a try!!
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: Grey Limbs Snowtrooper - ALL opinions welcome   Grey Limbs Snowtrooper - ALL opinions welcome I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2015 8:18 pm

$250- ridiculous!!!!
Grey Limbs Snowtrooper - ALL opinions welcome 10418537_474499306041452_1907140950840477349_n

'different' ones

Grey Limbs Snowtrooper - ALL opinions welcome GLST_zpsb9712db9
Grey Limbs Snowtrooper - ALL opinions welcome 131

Grey Limbs Snowtrooper - ALL opinions welcome 11412167_10156104737607355_3313721832393662448_n

Last edited by aussiejames on Sat Jun 06, 2015 11:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
hellhippie
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
hellhippie

PostSubject: Re: Grey Limbs Snowtrooper - ALL opinions welcome   Grey Limbs Snowtrooper - ALL opinions welcome I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2015 8:01 pm

man i wish that was legit . its very cool looking Angry SW Angry SW Angry SW
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Grey Limbs Snowtrooper - ALL opinions welcome   Grey Limbs Snowtrooper - ALL opinions welcome I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Grey Limbs Snowtrooper - ALL opinions welcome

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1