The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Sweet rides

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
bedheadjulian
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
bedheadjulian

Sweet rides Empty
PostSubject: Sweet rides   Sweet rides I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 26, 2014 9:10 am

Vehicles are a funny thing. Some would say they're merely utilitarian things to get you from place to place. I've always gravitated towards the less practical in this respect, choosing the odd, slow, unreliable and far more personable rides. Sure they guzzled gas and broke down regularly but when they were running well they'd put a smile on my face on the way to work, and often changed the whole feeling of the day for me. I've had the privilege of owning some quirky rides in the past 20 years and thought I'd share some with ya...Sweet rides Valian10 1965 Valiant (Aka Dodge Dart)
Sweet rides Valian11 my second '65 Valiant- a 4 door sedan
Sweet rides Truck_10 1965 Mercury M150 (aka Ford f150)
Sweet rides Bubba10 my first boat: a flat-bottom canal barge
Sweet rides Red_p210 a Piaggio p2 vespacar (pick-up)
Sweet rides Vespa_11 and my current work-vehicle... another Piaggio p2

What cool/quirky/weird rides have you had?
Back to top Go down
psybertech
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
psybertech

Sweet rides Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sweet rides   Sweet rides I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 26, 2014 10:09 am

Very nice rides you have had! Love the Mercury 150!

And that canal boat just looks sweet! Party boat??? Smile

But I can't help but see this in my head when I see your work vehicles....

Sweet rides Hqdefault

Sweet rides Article-1306857-0AF036C0000005DC-257_468x286

haha Laughing

I haven't owned any classic cars. Sad

Most were pieces of crap as a kid like a Vega, Delta 88, some crappy Oldsmobile, Chevy Impala, 95 Ford Probe and an 02 Celica. Wow, I have had a bunch of cars!!!
I have no pics of any of them at all though. Neutral

My first fun car was a 1992 Ford Thunderbird with a 5.0 302. Lowered to about 4", battery in trunk for better weight distro, tons of things done to it for performance - none by me, but the original owner and i can't recall all the upgrades.... but man, I loved destroying Mustangs with it just to see their faces!! Smile

My current ride is this 07 Subaru WRX STI - currently running a custom ECU tune, short shifter, upgraded flywheel and pullies, new intake and exhaust - all told should be pushing 360 HP. tongue

Sweet rides 9065844925_0615e6ca83_b

and here is a shot of me going over the Stone Bridge on part of the original Watkin's Glen Original Road Course. Smile
Sweet rides 9065842603_9bcd299ce0_b

No classics, but a few fun ones.

cheers!
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://leia.bespin.info/
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

Sweet rides Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sweet rides   Sweet rides I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 26, 2014 11:11 am

Hardly a classic, but my first car was a 1987 Yugo  Embarassed  As my brother used to say. 'you go, but the car doesn't'  lol! 

It was a piece of shit, but it got me & my girl friend (now my wife) from A-B, and I have some fond memories of it! Luckily it was given to me, so I didn't part with hard cash.  cheers 

I don't have a picture of my car, but this will give you an idea of what it looked like.
Sweet rides Yugo_410
Back to top Go down
psybertech
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
psybertech

Sweet rides Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sweet rides   Sweet rides I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 26, 2014 11:28 am

Every time I hear or think about a Yugo, I think of that movie 'Drowning Mona' where EVERY car in the movie was a Yugo. It was some weird running, inside joke, but I can't help to think of it every time! Smile

Oh and my first car, a Vega, never actually made it on the road! It was bought 6 months before my license so for whatever reason, my step-dad put it on concrete blocks. About 2 weeks before my license, the car was rusted so bad it fell through the blocks leaving 3 gigantic holes in the underside.  No Worst $200 bucks spent! haha
Back to top Go down
Sems Fir
New User
New User

Sweet rides Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sweet rides   Sweet rides I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 26, 2014 4:50 pm

I've only owned three cars in my lifetime. In fact, I still own my very first car.. 24 years and counting!

Sweet rides Artioli1cc

Robert
www.behindthetoys.com

Back to top Go down
Nico
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Nico

Sweet rides Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sweet rides   Sweet rides I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 26, 2014 5:20 pm

Nice rides all round guys  cheers 

Steve, nearly spilt my beer with your ' It was a piece of shit ' comment  lol! 

Jay, that is one cool ride my friend, Respect  cheers  :clap:

We currently have a Pergeot 208  What a Face 

Cheers Andy.
Back to top Go down
bedheadjulian
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
bedheadjulian

Sweet rides Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sweet rides   Sweet rides I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 27, 2014 1:36 am

I love the Yugo Steve! Second only to the Gremlin. You must have been a pretty smooth talker to land your gal driving a Yugo  Cool 
Sweet rides Pictur16
A very nice Subaru indeed Jay... my buddy has a rally tuned one that has emptied his bank account, LOL, and is his pride and joy also. Do you have any plans to put some of your own personal touches on it? -or is it already beyond perfect... Wink
 Hi Robert (Sems Fir) nice to meet you and welcome to the site. Awesome Barracuda! You must have spent countless hours to keep it looking mint. I had a '64 ( 64 and as half, as they called them) Barracuda for a few months but the body was so rotted-out that I never  managed to do anything with it but I've always wanted the real deal like you have. I am envious. Awesome detail on the red paint in the grille cheers
Pluses all around lads
- Julian
Back to top Go down
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

Sweet rides Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sweet rides   Sweet rides I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 29, 2014 8:42 am

bedheadjulian wrote:
I love the Yugo Steve! Second only to the Gremlin. You must have been a pretty smooth talker to land your gal driving a Yugo  Cool 

- Julian

Well...what can I say? As I'm sure you know yourself Julian, when you've got it, youv've got it!  Cool   lol! 

@Andy  lol!  I'm glad you didn't spill your beer, I wouldn't want to get the cleaning bill.
Back to top Go down
arohk
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
arohk

Sweet rides Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sweet rides   Sweet rides I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 29, 2014 10:17 pm

man some very cool rides you all have/had for me my first car was a 78 dodge duster and then a 78 buick riviera
but my main passion was my bikes my first one was a Yamaha 185 exciter then a Yamaha 650 heritage special then a 500 Honda silverwing but my fav was my Honda Cx500 Turbo which is the only one I have a photo of
Sweet rides Cx500_zps1fb41a5b
Back to top Go down
bedheadjulian
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
bedheadjulian

Sweet rides Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sweet rides   Sweet rides I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 01, 2014 6:18 am

Excellent taste in Bikes my man! My gal and I are avid riders. These are our current bikes:
Sweet rides Img_5110
Back to top Go down
arohk
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
arohk

Sweet rides Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sweet rides   Sweet rides I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 01, 2014 3:04 pm

oh so very cool I just love the beemer I always wanted a K75or K100 like the police ones that is my fav type one day I will get another one I really miss riding Smile
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

Sweet rides Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sweet rides   Sweet rides I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 03, 2014 9:08 am

Most of my car pictures are not digital one day I'll scan them.  I've owned dozens of cars none that would be considered 'sweet' but many had character  lol!

Our race team will campaign this beast this year.  I'm still not allowed to drive  Crying or Very sad  but navigating is sweet  Very Happy 
Sweet rides 407_210
Back to top Go down
Commander Clint
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Commander Clint

Sweet rides Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sweet rides   Sweet rides I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 03, 2014 9:21 am

aussiejames wrote:
Sweet rides 407_210

You guys are trying to recreated scenes from the Mad Max movies. lol! 
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

Sweet rides Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sweet rides   Sweet rides I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 03, 2014 9:33 am

lol!  Panels are getting wrapped for the sponsors.
Will look similar to this when done:
Sweet rides ProTruck-Mastercraft

I did own a 4 door version of the 'Mad Max' Falcon
stock pic:
Sweet rides Ford_falcon_xb
Back to top Go down
Commander Clint
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Commander Clint

Sweet rides Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sweet rides   Sweet rides I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 03, 2014 9:47 am

Sweet rides cheers 

My current ride in the summer time.

Sweet rides Dsc06219

My first car was a 1978 2 door Ford Granada and the first bike was a 1978 Suzuki GS1000. I don't have any digital pics of them.
Back to top Go down
Dax
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Dax

Sweet rides Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sweet rides   Sweet rides I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 22, 2014 8:53 am

Good to see some love for the bikes out there Smile

So I currently have two and a half bikes in the stable right now although there are a couple more on my list if the right item comes up. Just missed out on adding another one this week but wasn't quick enough on the phone. In retrospect that's probably not a bad thing.

So bike number 1 is my Suzuki C50 Boulevard (also known as the VL800 K9). Since this photo I've added a Saddleman seat, Switchblade removable screen, removable panniers and phatboy2 risers but she's overdue for a service and a really good clean. No, she's not still covered in all that dust!

Sweet rides EildonJamiesonRoad0224Jan10

Bike number 2 is my current cafe project, a '79 XS650 which started out looking like this:
Sweet rides At_the_start_zps576a2437

but is currently looking like this:
Sweet rides Almost_stripped_zpsce71e7e3

With a little motivation I'm hoping to finish stripping the rest of the electrical harness tomorrow and maybe even get it down to the bare frame. Don't expect a lot of updates on this one, it's a very slow build and I only do small amounts in fits and spurts. Ultimately it will be completely rebuilt from the ground up, re-phased, elec ignition, possible brake upgrades and of course a new paint job.

Once I've finished this one off I'll be looking at either a Yamaha SR 500 or a Honda CB550 as my next cafe project. All depending on what bikes are available at the time. Still, at my current pace I'll have a few years before I need to worry about that.

And the half bike is one that my Dad and I bought together late last year and he's currently looking after it and doing a little resto work on. This is one to keep in original condition because let's face it, it's already perfect (well except for those ugly saddlebags, they're gonna go) Smile It's a 1955 BMW R50 and it's currently on the other side of the country from me but I hope to visit soon!

Sweet rides VerySmart_zpse3c02cf7
Back to top Go down
arohk
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
arohk

Sweet rides Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sweet rides   Sweet rides I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 22, 2014 11:02 pm

AJ I love that one you are navigating that would be so much fun hopefully they will let you drive it one day.

Those are some sweet bikes guys.  Dax that '79 Yamaha XS650 looks very similar to the 1983 yamaha 650 heritage special which I owned a while ago it was a fun bike SmileSweet rides 1983yamaha650heritagespecial_zpsbe4d8a44
Back to top Go down
Thundershot
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Thundershot

Sweet rides Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sweet rides   Sweet rides I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 23, 2014 3:48 am

Here's mine:

Sweet rides 8624757135_7e7e31b3fa_c

In no way a muscle car.. she's perfect on the tight & twisty English country lanes & 'B' roads I have commute on Very Happy & used every day, whatever the weather. I've owned her since factory fresh, nearly 5 years now, & intend to keep her as long as humanly possible.

Does anyone else collect small scale (or toy) versions of their vehicles?

Sweet rides 8624089091_a73f9d83e4_c
Back to top Go down
bedheadjulian
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
bedheadjulian

Sweet rides Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sweet rides   Sweet rides I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 23, 2014 4:24 am

Thundershot wrote:
Here's mine:

In no way a muscle car.. she's perfect on the tight & twisty English country lanes & 'B' roads I have commute on Very Happy& used every day, whatever the weather. I've owned her since factory fresh, nearly 5 years now, & intend to keep her as long as humanly possible.  

My Pops has the first generation model (still in mint condition too) and the damned thing corners like it's on rails... they are indeed fun toys.
Back to top Go down
psybertech
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
psybertech

Sweet rides Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sweet rides   Sweet rides I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 8:52 am

Thundershot wrote:
Does anyone else collect small scale (or toy) versions of their vehicles?

Smile

Sweet rides 12746298815_dc568dd4b3_nSweet rides 12746741744_e8ff15544c_nSweet rides 12746432303_b71df4521c_n

I haven't looked at them in a while... man they need a good car wash! tongue

I also have an RC 1/10 scale non-rally, street race body for one of my RCs.

cheers!
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
arohk
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
arohk

Sweet rides Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sweet rides   Sweet rides I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 9:33 am

I have a model kit of my Honda CX500 motor bike that I am working on.
Back to top Go down
bedheadjulian
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
bedheadjulian

Sweet rides Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sweet rides   Sweet rides I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 12:09 pm

Yeah, I've got a small scale model of my Honda. My avatar Chewie is riding it.
Sweet rides Pictur28
Although, of course, it's the stock version and would require some mad skills to modify to look like my bike. (I spent two winters chopping my ride). I have to admit that it's very satisfying having miniature versions of my possessions that I can lord over like a giant. Gives me that God-like perspective, you know, and feelings of being really, really big. You know, uh, ok, I'll shut up now. :opps: 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Sweet rides Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sweet rides   Sweet rides I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sweet rides

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1