The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Found this at Hastings today (non-Star Wars, but very cool!!)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
TishomingoSith
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
TishomingoSith

Found this at Hastings today (non-Star Wars, but very cool!!) Empty
PostSubject: Found this at Hastings today (non-Star Wars, but very cool!!)   Found this at Hastings today (non-Star Wars, but very cool!!) I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 09, 2014 10:25 pm

ALIEN!!!! The card, the packing and espically the figure all look like they were produced in the late 70's/early 80's. Really cool (didn't want to pay $100 for the whole set, they were like $17 a pop).

Anyway, thought you guys might like to see them... I'm sure some or many of you have already seen them, but for those (like me) who haven't...

Found this at Hastings today (non-Star Wars, but very cool!!) Alien310

Found this at Hastings today (non-Star Wars, but very cool!!) Alien210

Found this at Hastings today (non-Star Wars, but very cool!!) Alien10

I can post larger, more detailed photos if anyone wanted to see a larger file/photo.
Back to top Go down
http://www.nfaaf.net
AussieFortuna
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
AussieFortuna

PostSubject: Re: Found this at Hastings today (non-Star Wars, but very cool!!)   Found this at Hastings today (non-Star Wars, but very cool!!) I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 09, 2014 11:54 pm

Cool figures, this is the super7 finally made after the vintage line was cancelled in the 80s, these are the exact same figures they were going to release back then i think, theres a big thread on this in the vintage section of RS, apparently theres more lines to come.
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: Found this at Hastings today (non-Star Wars, but very cool!!)   Found this at Hastings today (non-Star Wars, but very cool!!) I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 10, 2014 12:04 am

I'd buy the Alien. Josh has some neat vintage prototypes.
Back to top Go down
TishomingoSith
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
TishomingoSith

PostSubject: Re: Found this at Hastings today (non-Star Wars, but very cool!!)   Found this at Hastings today (non-Star Wars, but very cool!!) I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 10, 2014 12:15 am

AussieFortuna wrote:
Cool figures, this is the super7 finally made after the vintage line was cancelled in the 80s, these are the exact same figures they were going to release back then i think, theres a big thread on this in the vintage section of RS, apparently theres more lines to come.

So the figures in the bubble(s) were made in the 70's/80's?

(sorry I missed the other thread or I wouldn't have started this one!)
Back to top Go down
http://www.nfaaf.net
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: Found this at Hastings today (non-Star Wars, but very cool!!)   Found this at Hastings today (non-Star Wars, but very cool!!) I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 10, 2014 12:20 am

http://super7store.com/alien-reaction-figures.html
prototypes were made, production never happened ( until now )
There are blue & black cardback variants & clear head Alien variant  geek 
Back to top Go down
arohk
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
arohk

PostSubject: Re: Found this at Hastings today (non-Star Wars, but very cool!!)   Found this at Hastings today (non-Star Wars, but very cool!!) I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 10, 2014 1:12 am

they look cool I would get them myself if I found them at a store.
Back to top Go down
AussieFortuna
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
AussieFortuna

PostSubject: Re: Found this at Hastings today (non-Star Wars, but very cool!!)   Found this at Hastings today (non-Star Wars, but very cool!!) I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 10, 2014 2:06 am

TishomingoSith wrote:
AussieFortuna wrote:

So the figures in the bubble(s) were made in the 70's/80's?

(sorry I missed the other thread or I wouldn't have started this one!)

Sorry, bad explanation on my behalf, these are off the same protos they made back them but the line never made it to the stores, so not the same figures, just a throwback from them, so your spot on in spotting that they had an 80s feel, i mentioned there was a thread on RS about these because i thought it might be of interest to you, theres lots of great information in that thread about the history of this line, really interesting reading, ive also heard this might not be the only thing they put out, ive heard talk of a Jaws and Mad max line, im not sure if thats fact or just speculation at this point, cheers and nice figures.
Back to top Go down
kisstour03
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
kisstour03

PostSubject: Re: Found this at Hastings today (non-Star Wars, but very cool!!)   Found this at Hastings today (non-Star Wars, but very cool!!) I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 10, 2014 8:10 am

I just did a little looking around and found articles saying that other lines in the pipeline are: Terminator, Terminator 2, Escape From New York, Firefly, Goonies, Buffy, Bill & Ted, Universal Monsters, Back To The Future and Dark Crystal.

Some of these possible releases make me think "Meh" and a bunch are cool as hell.
Back to top Go down
kisstour03
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
kisstour03

PostSubject: Re: Found this at Hastings today (non-Star Wars, but very cool!!)   Found this at Hastings today (non-Star Wars, but very cool!!) I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 10, 2014 8:11 am

You should post pics when you open them. Be cool to see them all displayed together.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Found this at Hastings today (non-Star Wars, but very cool!!)   Found this at Hastings today (non-Star Wars, but very cool!!) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Found this at Hastings today (non-Star Wars, but very cool!!)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1