The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Darth Vader Scarred HONG Coo- ? help

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Neonboy
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer

Darth Vader Scarred HONG  Coo- ? help  Empty
PostSubject: Darth Vader Scarred HONG Coo- ? help    Darth Vader Scarred HONG  Coo- ? help  I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 21, 2013 11:10 am

I was digging thru a recent acquisition which  this included some rarer Figs  potf 85 RW POP UP   ledy luke bespin and this  DARTH has me scratching my head.
A Darth Vader  with the Inner leg GMFGI and the HONG of HONG  KONG is scarred off.
It also has a different  buckle  than the typical one with this inner leg COO ,  as well as a different deeper red  paint to the chest plate.
any clues on what it could be??

photo DSC02843_zpsec2051d4.jpg
DSC02841_zpse127db86.jpg" border="0" alt=" photo DSC02841_zpse127db86.jpg"/>
Darth Vader Scarred HONG  Coo- ? help  DSC02841_zpse127db86
 photo DSC02839_zps24be9d58.jpg
 photo DSC02837_zps3b625cec.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://neoneonart.com
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

PostSubject: Re: Darth Vader Scarred HONG Coo- ? help    Darth Vader Scarred HONG  Coo- ? help  I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 21, 2013 12:05 pm

The only alteration made to this specific COO family was that the COO was removed by drilling leaving a raised bar, it's just my opinion, but the Coo on yours simply looks damaged, like it's been scuffed. The colour of the 'scuff' is different to the leg also, this would not happen if it had been molded that way.
Back to top Go down
chris.75
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
chris.75

PostSubject: Re: Darth Vader Scarred HONG Coo- ? help    Darth Vader Scarred HONG  Coo- ? help  I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 21, 2013 2:13 pm

Yep i'd agree with Alex, it looks like the coo has been damaged looks like a coo I1a on Wolffs new 3.0 guide. The paint app on the buckle just looks a little misaligned to me that's all. The red paint does look slightly darker, but its hard to tell from a photo, with different light levels affecting colour levels etc..

here's mine:

Darth Vader Scarred HONG  Coo- ? help  <a href=Darth Vader Scarred HONG  Coo- ? help  DSCF6590_zps4aa2cd2b" />

Darth Vader Scarred HONG  Coo- ? help  <a href=Darth Vader Scarred HONG  Coo- ? help  DSCF6602_zps543f85b7" />
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Darth Vader Scarred HONG Coo- ? help    Darth Vader Scarred HONG  Coo- ? help  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Darth Vader Scarred HONG Coo- ? help

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1