The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Sith Toys thread removal

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

Sith Toys thread removal  Empty
PostSubject: Sith Toys thread removal    Sith Toys thread removal  I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 03, 2013 7:51 pm

Hey Everyone,

I wanted to let the community know that a thread was pulled regarding a deal that transpired regarding a Prototype Vader. I'm going to assume by now most people have seen the active thread on Rebelscum.

I was contacted by one party who informed me that there were active lawsuits regarding the issue. Even though our T&Cs do state that we assume no responsibility for content the site could get dragged into litigation if either party chose to involve us. Even having to reply to a subpeona would be a pain and honestly it's better to steer clear (as I see was done on SWFUK as well). According to RS, Philip Wise is willing to let it out there and defend any action. I draw no revenue from the site so I'm not inclined to do that.

TIG has shown that we don't hide things. Historically we've had a few members outed and/or accused and we firmly believe that the public arena is the place to do it. In rare, verified, legal instances though we will choose to not drag TIG into it. Just to be clear, we will ask for verification. A certain UK dealer told us multiple times they had a lawsuit underway but we never removed content since they produced no evidence.

I hope everyone understands the rationale. You can absolutely give your opinions and thoughts here. I'd love to hear what you're thinking.

BTW - This was my decision. As the sites owner I made the decision although it was discussed among the team.
Back to top Go down
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Sith Toys thread removal    Sith Toys thread removal  I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 03, 2013 8:45 pm

John, I am of the opinion that this thread should have been removed as long as any legal action was taking place. I have read the RS thread and am reserving my opinion until both sides have had their say on the matter.
Back to top Go down
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

PostSubject: Re: Sith Toys thread removal    Sith Toys thread removal  I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 04, 2013 4:45 am

Wow, 10k and didn't even want a photo! Shit man, I wanna see a photo when I spend a quid!
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: Sith Toys thread removal    Sith Toys thread removal  I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 04, 2013 5:32 am

I've never dealt with either person, so I would consider myself neutral.

It looks like mistakes have been made on both sides by not asking for enough details/photos and possibly and the whole misleading "staple-gate" saga. Yes 10K is a lot of money for most of us collectors, but both these people collect prototypes.

It's hard to judge the whole story as we have the buyer who is making the matter worse by posting silly ebay listings, but on the other hand the seller is keeping his head down.

I don't think it's unreasonable to ask for a refund if your unhappy with an item, and it would have saved airing all this dirty laundry in public.

TIG and SWFUK have both done the right thing by closing down the original threads. The seller is voicing his opinions on RS and we don't need these repeated 3x over.
Back to top Go down
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

PostSubject: Re: Sith Toys thread removal    Sith Toys thread removal  I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 04, 2013 5:35 am

Walkie wrote:
TIG and SWFUK have both done the right thing by closing down the original threads. The seller is voicing his opinions on RS and we don't need these repeated 3x over.
Agreed, home of Gentlemen Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
sith jawa
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
sith jawa

PostSubject: Re: Sith Toys thread removal    Sith Toys thread removal  I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 05, 2013 10:22 pm

Agreed, that the best action is to remove the thread. I read the RS thread a few times and will withhold any opinion, until everything is presented..
Back to top Go down
http://madbrownz.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sith Toys thread removal    Sith Toys thread removal  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sith Toys thread removal

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1