The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Im not saying anything!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Plantman
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Plantman

Im not saying anything! Empty
PostSubject: Im not saying anything!   Im not saying anything! I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 3:34 am

Im not saying anything! Dt_luk10

Click here for the eBay Auction Link
Back to top Go down
http://www.vintagetoybox.net
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: Im not saying anything!   Im not saying anything! I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 3:44 am

My god is that how much an acrylic case and sticker is really worth??

Ultimately this figure is worth 150$ - 250$ at the most in minty condition the mark up for the label is just rediculous!
Back to top Go down
Plantman
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Plantman

PostSubject: Re: Im not saying anything!   Im not saying anything! I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 3:46 am

Its the U90 bit that annoys me...he's destroyed a MOC DT luke for that
Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: Im not saying anything!   Im not saying anything! I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 3:47 am

Plantman wrote:
Its the U90 bit that annoys me...he's destroyed a MOC DT luke for that

That was my original concern Andy but then it could have come from as well couldnt it?

Either way seeing a DT Luke MOC or a DT Luke Baggie been destroyed for the U Sticker Fad is very sad indeed Sad
Back to top Go down
Plantman
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Plantman

PostSubject: Re: Im not saying anything!   Im not saying anything! I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 3:50 am

Ah yeah didnt think about baggie...im sure i saw o a baggie sell for £500ish and i bet it was him that won it.

It really is a sad pathetic thing to do. but lets not start yet another thread going lol
Back to top Go down
Tank1252
Force Addict
Force Addict
Tank1252

PostSubject: Re: Im not saying anything!   Im not saying anything! I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 5:11 am

Lol, let's not go there again. I'm sure everyone here shares the same sentiments about that.
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: Im not saying anything!   Im not saying anything! I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 8:24 am

I'll add a little fuel to the fire Twisted Evil

AFA won't grade a tape sealed baggie figure as U. This HAD to come from a card or heat sealed DT Luke baggie. The heat sealed baggies are extremely rare. Chris (xiskool) currently is offering $2000 for a nice example to put some monitary value to it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: Im not saying anything!   Im not saying anything! I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 8:32 am

It came from one of the only known heat sealed baggies out there, check his description also guys.

You won't find another because there are no others (or people who own them actually have some fucking sense and wouldn't U grade theirs..)

He is an asshole plain and simple, oh and its already being discussed in the thread under this one Laughing
Back to top Go down
coachk28
Force Addict
Force Addict
coachk28

PostSubject: Re: Im not saying anything!   Im not saying anything! I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 9:03 am

DITTO!!!!
Back to top Go down
vintageSWfan
Force Addict
Force Addict
vintageSWfan

PostSubject: Re: Im not saying anything!   Im not saying anything! I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 2:22 am

oh my,$3,500 for an afa 90 dt luke.that is a bit outragous imho.i personaly only use afa for one reason,and i don't even send my stuff to regular afa only tom derby/cib.if i get like a realy rare sw variant and i pay some pretty good money for something i have tom derby check it out just so i know it's real.i picked up a toltoy vinyl cape jawa and a PBP red armour 4-lom,both figures were sold to me loose and off ebay from total stranger's,i know pretty risky.i spent some decent money on each and i had to know if they were legit.i sent them in,rest assured they both were graded,and it set my mind at ease,that is pretty much the only reason i will send them in,if they are rare variant's an LOOSE.like was said in the top threads above me.the dt luke figure is an$200-$300 dollar figure loose.afa can't make it worth an extra $3,200 just because it score's an afa u90 cmon,that just mean's it's real and in good shape plus uncirculated.i think it's worth $550 tops.
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: Im not saying anything!   Im not saying anything! I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 2:47 am

To be honest, the price doesn't matter to me at all, the guy could charge 1k or 10k for all I care. The thing that pisses me and others off is the fact that this Luke came from a *heat sealed* DT Luke baggie, of which there are only a handful known to exist, in fact I think until a few years ago when one was shown off by Todd Demartino few people actually had ever heard of a Luke DT coming in a heat sealed bag but it has obviously since been proven to exist and a few (less than 6?) have turned up.

There are figures that are so rare and hard to find it makes them impossible (almost) for these U grade collectors to add them to their collection, in turn it makes the prices go high, but its a manufactured rarity, a DT Luke is NOT rare by any standards, I found one in 2 days 2 weeks ago. The high grade is hard to achieve at times I will give you that, but really, there are a few very nice 85's or even 90's out there that are perfect examples of this figure, why does it have to have a little U next to it to be considered good enough for these people.

No
Back to top Go down
Plantman
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Plantman

PostSubject: Re: Im not saying anything!   Im not saying anything! I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 4:12 am

All i can say is blame the idiots that pay it.

When the dust settles...who will be able to afford the nice moc's...the seller who sells these!!! we will be stuck with 1000's of shitty u85, u90, u95 figures, no moc to collect and all the rare moc unavailable.

a knock on effect is that other people will have to jump on the bandwagon just to afford a moc that they need, if a bag of shit U95 klaatu can sell for £400 then wont all of us be tempted to cash in on it if these is no other way of affording anything because of this mindless moc culling.

I mean who on here would rant at me (or anyone) for sending in a couple of klaatu moc's which can be picked up for $20 and testing the magic U95 scenario....if you got a nice £600 profit out of it...???

Just a thought, but these idiots are now tossing off over the U95 grade now...so the next mass massacre of carded figures will start.

im sure AFA takes backhanders to UP the grades or soembody somewhere knows a grader who helps them out.

Andy
Back to top Go down
vintageSWfan
Force Addict
Force Addict
vintageSWfan

PostSubject: Re: Im not saying anything!   Im not saying anything! I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 2:56 pm

if that figure was in a sealed baggie the guy should of told afa to leave it in the baggie and have it graded,that's what made it unique.with it not sealed in the bag it's just a plain jane ordinary dt luke.i have 3 of them there no big deal.yeah i can't beleive someone would purposely destroy a pefect bag dt luke for afa that's dumb.
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Im not saying anything!   Im not saying anything! I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 3:02 pm

They didn't care about the baggie, cause if they did it would still be in it. All they seen was the "U" and big dollar signs flashing before their eyes.
Back to top Go down
http://alter-egos.forumotion.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Im not saying anything!   Im not saying anything! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Im not saying anything!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Imperial Gunnery Forum :: Vintage Star Wars Chat
-