The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Which version of Blade Runner you like the best?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
budspencer
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
budspencer

Which version of Blade Runner you like the best? Empty
PostSubject: Which version of Blade Runner you like the best?   Which version of Blade Runner you like the best? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 25, 2013 7:07 pm

Theatrical but?

Final cut?

other cuts?
Back to top Go down
dcarty
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
dcarty

Which version of Blade Runner you like the best? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which version of Blade Runner you like the best?   Which version of Blade Runner you like the best? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 26, 2013 2:29 pm

I think the Final Cut is the final word for me. I don't care for Scott definitely making Deckard a Replicant but it's "his" movie. I like it either with Deckard as a human or with the question left hanging, otherwise I think this nails it. I liked the documentary about the Deckard/Replicant question and Frank Darabont's dissection of the question sums up exactly how I feel about it.

The International Theatrical Cut would be my runner up. I don't mind the narration at all. My only problem with it is that they used it so inconsistently. It's there for the first 20 minutes or so then it disappears until the very end. IMO it should have been more of a running narrative if they wanted to really make it a "noir" flick.

The 1992 Director's cut is the one version I don't like. It wasn't even really a "Director's Cut" that was all marketing hype to tart up a sneak-preview print.
Back to top Go down

Which version of Blade Runner you like the best?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1