The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Mexican metal tiny bootlegs

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mosh
New User
New User

Mexican metal tiny bootlegs Empty
PostSubject: Mexican metal tiny bootlegs   Mexican metal tiny bootlegs I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 5:11 pm

I have a handful of very small painted antimony figures which I bought in Mexico. Their scale is quite botched to each other and are generally very coarsely produced but I find them kind of nice.

They measure about 2 centimetres tall. This Jabba figure's throne measures approximately the length of an index finger.

Mexican metal tiny bootlegs Zh9SPTr

Mexican metal tiny bootlegs EdiKwEN

As a reference, you can see the legs of a white prototype armour Hasbro Boba Fett in the background.

Mexican metal tiny bootlegs LlK7nto
Back to top Go down
wattosjunkpile
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
wattosjunkpile

PostSubject: metal beauties   Mexican metal tiny bootlegs I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 7:13 pm

If there for sale I would to own them hint hint!
Back to top Go down
Mosh
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: Mexican metal tiny bootlegs   Mexican metal tiny bootlegs I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 11:32 pm

These are not for sale but I'll keep an eye open just in case some others pop up. : )
Back to top Go down
GanjaFett
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
GanjaFett

PostSubject: Re: Mexican metal tiny bootlegs   Mexican metal tiny bootlegs I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 20, 2013 9:35 pm

Very cool. Thanks for showing them off Smile
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Mexican metal tiny bootlegs   Mexican metal tiny bootlegs I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 20, 2013 9:37 pm

Wow, these are great. I would like to get some also if you ever run on to anymore. Especially the jabba and throne.
Back to top Go down
JesseVader08
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
JesseVader08

PostSubject: Re: Mexican metal tiny bootlegs   Mexican metal tiny bootlegs I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 22, 2013 3:50 am

Those figures are fantastic! Especially considering how small they are, they're painted quite well.
Back to top Go down
http://galacticheroes.wordpress.com
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Mexican metal tiny bootlegs   Mexican metal tiny bootlegs I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2015 10:11 pm

Well Mosh managed to get me some of these. They are some of the coolest things I have ever seen and will for sure be a center piece in my display cabinet when I get it set up. The painting and detail on these is incredible. Thank you so much Mosh for getting some of these for me.
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Mexican metal tiny bootlegs   Mexican metal tiny bootlegs I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2015 2:19 am

Congrats Bryan, look forward to some pics. I missed this thread first time round. The Jabba throne is just awesome! I like how the paint job on most of the figures are true to the original Kenner colours.
Back to top Go down
arohk
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
arohk

PostSubject: Re: Mexican metal tiny bootlegs   Mexican metal tiny bootlegs I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2015 6:16 am

Very cool looking I have a few small metal figs Vader, Luke and Han but not sure where they are from all they have is L.F.L. 82 with some numbers after it on the bottom of the stand they are cool though. I wouldn't mind getting more if I can find them as well
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Mexican metal tiny bootlegs   Mexican metal tiny bootlegs I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2015 10:25 pm

Somehow I missed these responses. No Sorry about that. Larry it sounds like your talking about the micro line figures. They were vintage figures and play sets all in micro form. Cool bunch of items, I have a few of the figures, but never got any play sets.

Sorry Paul, I completely missed thes responses. I will try to get some pics up of the ones I got. Very cool things and look awesome in person can see all the detail. No telling how long it took to make and paint these, but I am guessing a lot of hours put into them.

Pis to come soon (if I can remember). lol!
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Mexican metal tiny bootlegs   Mexican metal tiny bootlegs I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 29, 2017 2:55 pm

So I forgot again about these but ran across this thread today and this is from a pic that I used in another thread but I had inadvertently gotten these miniatures in the pic. My pictures do not do them justice an knowing these are custom things and not mass produced, they hold a special place in my collection as I really like them. If you can see the card they are on, someday I may get that out for you guys to see. Mosh wrote me a nice note in this really cool calligraphy handwriting. Of course it had to stay with my little set. Note the luke stormtrooper thing is not from this same deal, that is made of plastic and was some little gumball toy my kid wanted me to keep in my case. The ones from Mexico are solid metal.

Mexican metal tiny bootlegs Jabba_10
Back to top Go down
TauntaunScout
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
TauntaunScout

PostSubject: Re: Mexican metal tiny bootlegs   Mexican metal tiny bootlegs I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2019 6:46 pm

I find it strange that this hasn't been mentioned yet: Many of these (not all) are the old metal gaming minis. Sculpted by Grenadier Miniatures for West End Games and sold between 1988 and 1998.

They may be originals or re-casts from pirate molds. Some main characters may be the original SW Monopoly pieces, many of which were poorer-quality re-issues of the then-defunct West End pieces.

All of the above were originally sold unpainted. The originals had a brand/date underneath the base, dated from I believe '88 onwards. The roleplaying game came out in 1987 for the 10 year anniversary, and the miniatures started showing up a year later when the game was a success. A tabletop wargame (and lots more figures) followed in the next few years. None date later than '98 (can't recall exactly which year the last ones came out).

The Gamorrean Guard, Jabba/Salacious/Throne, Jawa, and Droopy McCool are NOT Grenadier/West End gaming sculpts. All the rest of them are. The jawa really reminds me of the Micro Machines sculpts from circa 1996.

Here, for example, you can see my many (many) copies of that snowtrooper and several of the TIE fighter pilot... though I chose to paint mine as imperial walker crewmen. One apiece of my copies of that R2 and 3PO can be seen towards the back of the cabinet. I painted them in non-traditional colors to use as anonymous droids in my games.

Mexican metal tiny bootlegs SYyt3JL
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mexican metal tiny bootlegs   Mexican metal tiny bootlegs I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mexican metal tiny bootlegs

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1