The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Do you ever forget you own something?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

Do you ever forget you own something? Empty
PostSubject: Do you ever forget you own something?   Do you ever forget you own something? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 09, 2013 5:12 pm

As I was walking into my office, I saw my ESB Figure box. As I looked beyond that, I saw that I still owned a Red and Green ROTJ Lightsabers. I really forgot they were there.

Do you rediscover anything?
Back to top Go down
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: Do you ever forget you own something?   Do you ever forget you own something? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 09, 2013 5:19 pm

Q: Did you ever forget you own something?

A: Yes, but later I forgot what it was. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
yeah-sus
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
yeah-sus

PostSubject: Re: Do you ever forget you own something?   Do you ever forget you own something? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 09, 2013 5:46 pm

YES
My girlfriend thinks that its a sign too sell off some Of My collection Smile
Back to top Go down
Dax
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Dax

PostSubject: Re: Do you ever forget you own something?   Do you ever forget you own something? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 09, 2013 5:53 pm

Usually only after I've bought a second one.

"I'll just put this item here in storage... right.. next.. to.. the.. one.. I.. already.. own". Neutral Damn it.
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: Do you ever forget you own something?   Do you ever forget you own something? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 09, 2013 6:40 pm

Yes, the will power not to buy something!
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: Do you ever forget you own something?   Do you ever forget you own something? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 09, 2013 8:51 pm

Dax wrote:
Usually only after I've bought a second one.

"I'll just put this item here in storage... right.. next.. to.. the.. one.. I.. already.. own". Neutral Damn it.

I did something pretty similar earlier this year. I own only one of each figure. So after I sold my Luke Farmboy Glasslite (I got an insane offer I couldn't refuse) I had to buy another one.

Within a week I'd bought a nice Luke Gunner MOC.....................and POPY. I put them both up for sale and said whichever sold first would go and the other stay.
Back to top Go down
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
spideyseth
Imperial Recruit
Imperial Recruit

PostSubject: Re: Do you ever forget you own something?   Do you ever forget you own something? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 06, 2013 5:01 pm

LOL, yeah this recently happened to me. A few months ago Mete had posted a large collection of Uzay for sale from a guy in Turkey.
Being late to the dance and knowing I just needed a new mint Uzay figure I did not check my collection.
In the back of my mind I knew I needed a Chewie upgrade and also needed an authentic Uzay Chewie crossbow.

I sealed the deal, sold a few items to help with the unexpected purchase and patiently waited for the figure to arrive.

Once I had it in hand I immediately put it in my display case only to realize that I had already had an upgraded Chewie with a crossbow.
At least it was still an upgrade, but if I had remembered that I already had the weapon I would have gone after a different figure.
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: Do you ever forget you own something?   Do you ever forget you own something? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 06, 2013 7:46 pm

We're all getting old & senile Razz 
Back to top Go down
ourchickenshack
Force Addict
Force Addict
ourchickenshack

PostSubject: Re: Do you ever forget you own something?   Do you ever forget you own something? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 06, 2013 10:45 pm

aussiejames wrote:
We're all getting old & senile Razz 

lol! 

yep...

Do you ever forget you own something? Thca3h10
Back to top Go down
dj121
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Do you ever forget you own something?   Do you ever forget you own something? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 09, 2013 8:13 pm

I absolutely have. Most common is something POTF2 related, but it has happened with a couple vintage items as well.
Back to top Go down
budspencer
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
budspencer

PostSubject: Re: Do you ever forget you own something?   Do you ever forget you own something? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 09, 2013 9:33 pm

Lol,

I forget that each paycheck i don't really have any money left to buy a Star Wars related something.

Darn Starzheimer's disease. It will get me someday!

GF does not forget though... she must be healthy like hell! Must be all those vegetables she eats!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do you ever forget you own something?   Do you ever forget you own something? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Do you ever forget you own something?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1