The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Advice about selling up.... (updated 02/02)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

Advice about selling up.... (updated 02/02) Empty
PostSubject: Advice about selling up.... (updated 02/02)   Advice about selling up.... (updated 02/02) I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 3:13 pm

That got your attention lol!

OK, seriously question now. I may need some cash for something outside the hobby and it's had me thinking what to sell.....?

My figures are staying and I've mentally promised my 12bk collection to my 22month old son for an investment in his future (that is until he has a little brother or sister!, and no that's no what I need the cash for).

So this leaves my loose vehicle or my paperwork collection?

Recently I've really struggled to locate and acquire new pieces for my paperwork limelight so i'm wondering if I taken it as far as I can, so how do I sell it?

He's about 95% or what I have....

http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t5063-instruction-leaflets-catalogues-inserts-focus

cheers

Last edited by walkie on Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:33 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: Advice about selling up.... (updated 02/02)   Advice about selling up.... (updated 02/02) I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 3:26 pm

For me , I'd say vehicles since they'll be easier to replace even if the cost goes up. Leaflets and such can be a little trickier I think. Ultimately it's really whatever you feel you can live without but if I sell something I always wonder to myself about the difficulty in re-aquiring it later.
Back to top Go down
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: Advice about selling up.... (updated 02/02)   Advice about selling up.... (updated 02/02) I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 3:27 pm

Hey Stef,

What part did cost you the least time to acquire? Figures, loose vehicles, paperwork?

Sell that part if you have to sell.

This way you keep the part on which you spent most time, and which is therefore probably most valuable to you.
Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: Advice about selling up.... (updated 02/02)   Advice about selling up.... (updated 02/02) I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 3:39 pm

Figures are an absolute no chance, way to much time invested in those babies.

Vehicles are dead easy to replace, but at the same time they complaint my figure collection.

:scratch: Sleeping and more thinking required, I have until the 11th August to decide.
Back to top Go down
arohk
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
arohk

PostSubject: Re: Advice about selling up.... (updated 02/02)   Advice about selling up.... (updated 02/02) I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 3:42 pm

I have to agree the vehicles would be the best bet.
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Advice about selling up.... (updated 02/02)   Advice about selling up.... (updated 02/02) I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 3:44 pm

As has been said, sell what is easiest to replace later. If figures are easier to obtain or vehicles, I would look at those. The paperwork may be harder to find. Of course don't sell figures you can't replace easier either. For example your vlix is a one of a kind type of thing so it would be hard to replace, but the regular droids line stuff maybe easier and will be easier to replace than the glasslite. Ultimately it is up to you but if you sold the paper and later wanted it back and couldn't find it then you would be gutted.
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Advice about selling up.... (updated 02/02)   Advice about selling up.... (updated 02/02) I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 3:56 pm

Stefan, as you know I also collect some paperwork items and some of them are a right arse to find. I'd keep them and sell vehicles for sure (but not my Takara XWing Wink )
Back to top Go down
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

PostSubject: Re: Advice about selling up.... (updated 02/02)   Advice about selling up.... (updated 02/02) I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 4:02 pm

Hi Stefan,

I would agree with the masses here and say vehicles, but I do recall you saying you have a complete set??? End of the day they're are the easiest to re-aquire apart from the obvious ones and your not daft so you'll no doubt keep the ones you may struggle with later.

Figures are a no go!
Paperwork is way more difficult to aquire than the actual vehicles, and your collection is extensive and it would be a shame to break it up (so don't Very Happy  )

I'll give you a couple of quid for that Vlix though if your short Wink 
Back to top Go down
chris.75
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
chris.75

PostSubject: Re: Advice about selling up.... (updated 02/02)   Advice about selling up.... (updated 02/02) I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 4:25 pm

yep as everyone has said, definitely run of the mill Kenner vehicles would be the easiest and most affordable to replace. I wouldn't mind taking the POTF skiff off your hands for you if you like Very Happy  but if you do decide on paperwork, which is always harder to come by, especially in mint condition and not all screwed up and discoloured. Then i'm happy to take the Palitoy death star paperwork too Laughinglol!
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: Advice about selling up.... (updated 02/02)   Advice about selling up.... (updated 02/02) I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 5:13 pm

No brainer, keep the paperwork.
Back to top Go down
Dark Sith Lord
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dark Sith Lord

PostSubject: Re: Advice about selling up.... (updated 02/02)   Advice about selling up.... (updated 02/02) I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 4:18 am

Got to agree wit the masses myself too. Sell the vehicles but keep the ones which would be dificult to replace
Back to top Go down
plantainman
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
plantainman

PostSubject: Re: Advice about selling up.... (updated 02/02)   Advice about selling up.... (updated 02/02) I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 9:31 am

I would add that selling the paperwork would be laborious, whilst selling the vehicles would be much faster. So if time is an issue, vehicles all the way.
Also paperwork is easier to store, so selling the vehicles actually creates some space in your collection.

best.
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: Advice about selling up.... (updated 02/02)   Advice about selling up.... (updated 02/02) I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 02, 2014 3:27 pm

It seems to be getting harder and harder for me to find at alone win anything on ebay lately for my paperwork focus so I think I'm going to part ways with it and concentrate on loose figures.

Is anyone interested in a instant focus?
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: Advice about selling up.... (updated 02/02)   Advice about selling up.... (updated 02/02) I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 02, 2014 6:10 pm

walkie wrote:

Is anyone interested in a instant focus?
oh hell yes, but there is no way I've got the cash. Racing season starts in a few weeks.

So what if you're not adding to it? That's the beauty of two focus'. If one is getting 'hard' you play with the other & visa versa.
Back to top Go down
Commander Clint
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Commander Clint

PostSubject: Re: Advice about selling up.... (updated 02/02)   Advice about selling up.... (updated 02/02) I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 02, 2014 7:12 pm

I would be interested in your Canadian pieces.
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: Advice about selling up.... (updated 02/02)   Advice about selling up.... (updated 02/02) I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 03, 2014 5:35 am

Commander Clint wrote:
I would be interested in your Canadian pieces.

PM me which items you like Clint, no promises i'll sell but I'll certainly consider it.

aussiejames wrote:
oh hell yes, but there is no way I've got the cash. Racing season starts in a few weeks.

So what if you're not adding to it?  That's the beauty of two focus'.  If one is getting 'hard' you play with the other & visa versa.

Any idea how to value it?
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: Advice about selling up.... (updated 02/02)   Advice about selling up.... (updated 02/02) I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 03, 2014 6:31 am

Value: well 95%+ of your loose figures could be replaced in a week with enough cash ( same goes for your 12 backs ) now love or money couldn't get you some of those instructions.  Wink 
Back to top Go down
Section 8
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Section 8

PostSubject: Re: Advice about selling up.... (updated 02/02)   Advice about selling up.... (updated 02/02) I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 03, 2014 7:13 am

I agree with James. Could take ages to find some of those individual instructions, but can easily find some of your common loose figures again.

If i could raise the funds I'd be interested in taking a nice loose Yak, Amanaman, or R2 Sabre, Romba, Dignitary that you no doubt have. These would be a far easier to replace in the future.
Back to top Go down
http://www.familytreeman.co.uk
Commander Clint
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Commander Clint

PostSubject: Re: Advice about selling up.... (updated 02/02)   Advice about selling up.... (updated 02/02) I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 03, 2014 9:18 am

walkie wrote:
PM me which items you like Clint, no promises i'll sell but I'll certainly consider it.

PM on the way. Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: Advice about selling up.... (updated 02/02)   Advice about selling up.... (updated 02/02) I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 03, 2014 11:16 am

Its an awkward conundrum?

I think it's a fairly unique focus as I only know of one other, a Palitoy paperwork focus which Jason/Mr.Palitoy owns.

The focus has just stagnated, It's not really a money issue (however this week I will piece together what I have invested out of interest) it's just a lack of items to buy.

A quick glance at what I'm missing...

Kenner
POTF mini-rigs (x2), both listed on ebay at the moment for £25 each!
ROTJ Jabba Dungeon (alt. version with last 17 figures), I have only seen 2 come up for sale, I brought the second one and it ended up been fake!

Palitoy
X-Wing early version instruction leaflet, one sold recently on ebay £25

Kenner Canada

Jawa Sandcrawler - some noob has one on ebay for £70+ !!

Lili Ledy
Both ROTJ catalogues, Jabba The Hutt, AT-ST, Imperial Shuttle, Speederbike, AST-5, INT-4, MCL-3 - a few appeared on ebay over the weekend, and fetched upto £45 each.

Meccano
I've never seen any for sale

German Only
I own a german tie-jagger, but have never seen the german x-wing for sale.

Glasslite
I've never seen any for sale.
Back to top Go down
chiktabba
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
chiktabba

PostSubject: Re: Advice about selling up.... (updated 02/02)   Advice about selling up.... (updated 02/02) I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 03, 2014 2:58 pm

"Meccano
I've never seen any for sale"

not sur to understand what are you looking for?
Back to top Go down
http://www.collection-starwars.com/collection-chiktabba
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: Advice about selling up.... (updated 02/02)   Advice about selling up.... (updated 02/02) I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 03, 2014 3:10 pm

Meccano instruction leaflets

example on the left with "Micro-Meccano" on the bottom right....

Advice about selling up.... (updated 02/02) TieFighter_mm_2
Source: http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1096229/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Advice about selling up.... (updated 02/02)   Advice about selling up.... (updated 02/02) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Advice about selling up.... (updated 02/02)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1