The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Dissecting a poon-trooper

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

Dissecting a poon-trooper Empty
PostSubject: Dissecting a poon-trooper   Dissecting a poon-trooper I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2013 8:15 am

I was lucky/unlucky enough to acquire one of the latest batch of poon-troopers. Upon inspection it fell apart!!

So I thought why not share a few photos with you guys.

The way they glue separate joints onto the arms and legs seems strange.

Dissecting a poon-trooper TncI6i0

Dissecting a poon-trooper TFvLpDo

Dissecting a poon-trooper 5Ms2jld

Dissecting a poon-trooper 20F1yxH

Dissecting a poon-trooper DnOBssO

Dissecting a poon-trooper ZCAGUA1

Last edited by walkie on Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: Dissecting a poon-trooper   Dissecting a poon-trooper I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2013 8:22 am

This is the no CoO version?
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: Dissecting a poon-trooper   Dissecting a poon-trooper I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2013 8:35 am

aussiejames wrote:
This is the no CoO version?

Yes, i'll get another photo uploaded showing that.
Back to top Go down
AussieFortuna
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
AussieFortuna

PostSubject: Re: Dissecting a poon-trooper   Dissecting a poon-trooper I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2013 9:15 am

Stef, have you noticed the hands are glued in?
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: Dissecting a poon-trooper   Dissecting a poon-trooper I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2013 9:37 am

Aussie Fortuna wrote:

I was thinking that myself, but the "Figure Guide" on TIG stated thin moulding. I couldn't decide, so I might cut one off !!
Back to top Go down
AussieFortuna
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
AussieFortuna

PostSubject: Re: Dissecting a poon-trooper   Dissecting a poon-trooper I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2013 12:16 pm

walkie wrote:
Aussie Fortuna wrote:

I was thinking that myself, but the "Figure Guide" on TIG stated thin moulding. I couldn't decide, so I might cut one off !!

Mate im not 100% either, but i looked at mine and im sure i could see clear glue residue and a seam around it where it fits in, maybe its just the mold thats makin it look like that, but it was one of the first things i noticed when i got mine.
Back to top Go down
psybertech
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
psybertech

PostSubject: Re: Dissecting a poon-trooper   Dissecting a poon-trooper I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2013 2:31 pm

Stefan,

I have the one with the COO markings and it is completely different.(its the same, just ripped apart shittily)
I sent the pics to artoo for an update to the article (not the best pictures but I will retake when I get my tent back out), but here they are too:

Dissecting a poon-trooper 9175477075_9852cd5e24_b
Dissecting a poon-trooper 9175477299_f5450623f6_b
Dissecting a poon-trooper 9175477783_fb83613b58_b
Dissecting a poon-trooper 9175477533_1e89a7d4c5_b

You can see the way the limbs attach are weird to say the least. They attach to the body via some type of nub that has a rotating collar of sorts to allow the limbs to move.

The hands are separate and insert into the forearms. Of the two in the pack, one shipped with his hand rotated around (palms facing his buttocks if I recall - or was it palms up? - either way not correct).

Again the images aren't the greatest and I rushed the boil pop so the glue holding the limbs to the nubs and the hands to the forearms weren't cleanly detached, but you get the point.

Last edited by psybertech on Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://leia.bespin.info/
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: Dissecting a poon-trooper   Dissecting a poon-trooper I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2013 3:17 pm

Same thing mate. The limbs are in two pieces, yours have separated, mine are still glued together. As for the hands I was 99% sure, I thought they might be moulded black at first on the White trooper but they are moulded White then painted black, then painted White on top for the detail. Odd???
Back to top Go down
psybertech
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
psybertech

PostSubject: Re: Dissecting a poon-trooper   Dissecting a poon-trooper I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2013 3:43 pm

walkie wrote:
Same thing mate. The limbs are in two pieces, yours have separated, mine are still glued together. As for the hands I was 99% sure, I thought they might be moulded black at first on the White trooper but they are moulded White then painted black, then painted White on top for the detail. Odd???
AHH!
I really thought the part left in the body was two pieces (a secure nub and an outer rotating ring that the limb attached to), but it's nothing more than a nub with grooves on the outside for whatever reason.

OK, since I didn't split the body and they just ripped off of the nubs, it makes a little more sense, but over complicated.thinking 

FWIW: One arm ripped off before I got to boil/pop the first one (I used a white one to make my custom Blue Star wannabe) . I was just pulling on it to see how much time in hot water it would need in and it just popped off into my hand. I just thought it was weird and I didn't care how it was made at the time so I just Chewie'd them off.

I'll clean them up eventually and take better images, but I think the white one you did shows it properly as is.

The black one is all black plastics and only has the silver paint apps so it is straight forward.

cheers!
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Dissecting a poon-trooper   Dissecting a poon-trooper I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2013 6:26 pm

Great pics, Stefan. I'll get round soon to adding both yours and Psyber's pics to the main site.
Back to top Go down
psybertech
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
psybertech

PostSubject: Re: Dissecting a poon-trooper   Dissecting a poon-trooper I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2013 6:31 pm

Artoo_Detour wrote:
Great pics, Stefan. I'll get round soon to adding both yours and Psyber's pics to the main site.
Hey man, mine are embarrassing as is... I will clean things up and re-take them ASAP and get them to you. I just split him down the middle so I will have a few more angles too.
Don't let me hold any updates up though.
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Dissecting a poon-trooper   Dissecting a poon-trooper I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2013 6:53 pm

Cheers, no rush Cool 
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: Dissecting a poon-trooper   Dissecting a poon-trooper I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2013 3:11 am

Hands removed for the white poon-trooper using the boil-pop-pull method...

Dissecting a poon-trooper CnH4qWF

COO markings...

Dissecting a poon-trooper MTGe7ht
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Dissecting a poon-trooper   Dissecting a poon-trooper I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 21, 2013 11:17 am

Updated the article with info and pics from Jay and Stefan, thanks guys!
http://www.imperialgunnery.com/reproductionfigures.htm
scroll down

Is the written info okay? Lmk if any revisions needed. Cheers, Paul
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: Dissecting a poon-trooper   Dissecting a poon-trooper I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 21, 2013 11:39 am

Paul, I've not spotted anything wrong with the writing in your special report. Does anyone own the 12" repro's on TIG?

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dissecting a poon-trooper   Dissecting a poon-trooper I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dissecting a poon-trooper

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1