The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Ugnaught bag question

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Rawlin
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Rawlin

Ugnaught bag question Empty
PostSubject: Ugnaught bag question   Ugnaught bag question I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 10, 2013 8:46 am

Just a quick question about the ugnaught bag. Does the original float or sink?
Back to top Go down
http://www.leksaksdoktorn.se
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: Ugnaught bag question   Ugnaught bag question I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 10, 2013 9:04 am

It should float.

The "modern" repro are cast in white plastic but the detailing isn't as shape. Do you have a photo?

If memory serves me right the little square on the lower half of the bag is "square" on repro's and "slightly rectangular" on originals.
Back to top Go down
Rawlin
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Rawlin

PostSubject: Re: Ugnaught bag question   Ugnaught bag question I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 10, 2013 10:08 am

Thanks for fast reply, I'm gonna see if I can find them and get a photo up.
Back to top Go down
Serket
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Serket

PostSubject: Ugnaught bag question   Ugnaught bag question I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 10, 2013 12:28 pm

Just tested two genuine vintage ugnaught bags i have and both floated even when pushed down hard they floated back to the surface.
Back to top Go down
AussieFortuna
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
AussieFortuna

PostSubject: Re: Ugnaught bag question   Ugnaught bag question I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 10, 2013 1:06 pm

Just a suggestion, maybe the TIG identification thread needs to be updated on these bags, it has no information there regarding the real one but some information regarding the fakes.

Maybe it could have added that the real ones float and the small square is slightly rectangle rather than square, that would really help.

cheers
Back to top Go down
Rawlin
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Rawlin

PostSubject: Re: Ugnaught bag question   Ugnaught bag question I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 10, 2013 3:48 pm

Serket wrote:
Just tested two genuine vintage ugnaught bags i have and both floated even when pushed down hard they floated back to the surface.

I couldn't find the second bag. I think it's been a victim of the vaccum cleaner. It's been lying here on the desc for a couple of years but now it's gone lol. I'm sure that was repro so I didn't care for it. I think this one is as well. Edit: I'm sure this is v1 repro. What really gives it away is a molding blob inside the square.

Ugnaught bag question Img_5010
Ugnaught bag question Img_5011

It floats no matter how much I push it down.
Ugnaught bag question Img_5012

Me and Kirah have had our fair share of this crap(it's not all of them, just one bag. Every item have been stated as original and in most cases I have not acctually seen the accessories when buying collections or it's been crappy pictures)
Ugnaught bag question Img_5013
The price goes to this home made emperor staff though
Ugnaught bag question Img_5014

Lol one guy said he had all original and we discussed a price over phone, I drove 6 hours, when I get there he don't have any lamps in the ceiling so it was pretty hard to tell but I still identified a good bunch of repros, when I asked him then it turned from all original to "in the end I didn't care". After driving that far I just took my chanses, usually half are repros in my experience this time it was over 100 repros, that was my worst deal ever.

Yeah I also think adding if the original floats or sinks would help out a bunch :)bad part is that after that all new repros will float I guess.
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Ugnaught bag question   Ugnaught bag question I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 10, 2013 4:47 pm

Aussie Fortuna wrote:
Just a suggestion, maybe the TIG identification thread needs to be updated on these bags, it has no information there regarding the real one but some information regarding the fakes.

Maybe it could have added that the real ones float and the small square is slightly rectangle rather than square, that would really help.

cheers

Will do, AF. We'll always aim to update TIG main site as and when thanks to new discussion/info Cool
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ugnaught bag question   Ugnaught bag question I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ugnaught bag question

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1