The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Updated Hijacked Weekend Video - EVERYWHERE TO RUN - PART I, II, III & IV

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

Updated Hijacked Weekend Video - EVERYWHERE TO RUN - PART I, II, III & IV Empty
PostSubject: Updated Hijacked Weekend Video - EVERYWHERE TO RUN - PART I, II, III & IV   Updated Hijacked Weekend Video - EVERYWHERE TO RUN - PART I, II, III & IV I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 06, 2013 9:49 pm

Hi folks and sorry Marco, but I finally got round to adding a pirate video of my own film to Youtube and thought it was worth a showing.

A Brief History:

Me and my friend mde this film about 13 years ago in 1999-2000, we used to make short films and after a lengthy spell off, through lack of ideas we decided to try and get back in the mood by recording a practise run chase sequence, 3 months later we had filmed a four part 45 minute long chase sequence! It is a bit boring and a bit rough but what the hell!

A Brief Foot Note on Part I:

There are two people in this film, me and my friend Chris, and we filmed it all as well as starring in it, which is difficult! This first part was done as, like I said, a practise chase sequence there was no actual story of any kind at this stage.

Everywhere To Run and Knowhere To Hide
Part I - Everywhere To Run

A Brief Foot Note on Part II:
Part II was and extension of the first which wa cut short by a lack of daylight and battery power, so we simply went back a week later and carried on, and again ran out of battery and day without drawing any form of conclusion to the chase.

Part II - Good Vs. Evil

A Brief Foot Note on Part III:
By he time we got to part III we had decided that this was a battle between good and evil after mankind had been exterminated (by themselves of course). As is explained below, we wanted to try and capture the effect that the World was unihabited and that the end probably wansn't nice, and sitting on our back door was a vast holiday park which had been half demolished and then left to rot for 17 years. This part took three weeks to film.

Part III - A Crumbled World In Decay

A Brief Foot Note on Part IV:
This was the long overdue climax and was filmed in two parts, the first part (before the beach) was the only part that featured a third party. My brother came to help, but his imput was limited to him holding the camera in about three shot, all of which can be identified by shots in which the camera moves while featuring both people on screen. The final fight was incredibly inhibited by the fact the two people fighting where also the two camera men (plus I didn't want to actually hurt the poor guy Cool)

Part IV - The Final Conflict

Hope you enjoy the longest chase sequence in history. cheers

Last edited by General Kahn on Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:30 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: Updated Hijacked Weekend Video - EVERYWHERE TO RUN - PART I, II, III & IV   Updated Hijacked Weekend Video - EVERYWHERE TO RUN - PART I, II, III & IV I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 07, 2013 5:48 am

Hey Alex,

I watched all three parts while having breakfast!!! cheers 

It was fun to watch and I can imagine it was fun to make the movie as well. Are you playing the guy trying to escape or the bad ass following him?

For me is was a bit difficult to understand the connection between both persons, why one is trying to escape from the other. Did one finish his ebay auction after bids were being placed? Cool 

I understood some more background was planned to be given in a Prequel. Just don't let this be directed by George Lucas, and you will be fine. Cool 

You used a very classical score. "Night on the bare Mountain" worked very good in the last part.
I am curious why you choose classical music instead of say metal?.

Cheers
Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

PostSubject: Re: Updated Hijacked Weekend Video - EVERYWHERE TO RUN - PART I, II, III & IV   Updated Hijacked Weekend Video - EVERYWHERE TO RUN - PART I, II, III & IV I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 07, 2013 6:56 am

I'm the bad ass! and yes he was a certain ebay seller! As for the music we tried for the 'silent' movie type feel so opted for a classical score. We had a pile of Classical Masterpiece c.d.s volume 1-20 and just simply sifted through them and picked pieces we liked that sounded right for the parts, we where always very lucky when picking music, the film always seemed to gel perfectly in the sense that things would happen on film at the same time as things would happen in the music (all the music was picked and added after the filming).

Part I was cut short in away, as we where running out of light and battery (it took 7 hours and was filmed and edited on the spot, every bit was filmed in the exact order it plays in, no fancy editing equipment back then Cool)
Part II we kind of thought let's just finish the chase, but again we got carried away and 8 hours later we where again running low on day and battery so where forced to cut the film short without closure.
By Part III we had noticed that we where alone in all the film so far and decided on a simple story, that this was good vs. evil in one final battle, this part was filmed at a Butlins site which had closed about 17 years earlier and due some some contract mess up had basically been left to rot, we thought that this would look like a derelict city. We where lucky too! About a month after we filmed this the site finally got the green light and was leveled and now a village sits on that site. Just found this crap video, funnily enough this is the exact place where you see Chris kick the door down and hide in the room, I stood on a nail filming here, it went right through my shoe and out the top, thankfully it slipped between my toes cyclops

Good news is Marco (or bad depending on how you liked it) There is actually 4 parts! which should keep you busy for dinner ;)It feature the climatic end battle lol! (it's not easy filming two people fighting when those two people are also the camera men)

The perquel was going to explain what little story there was. Basically mankind has ended and who shall inherit the Earth, Good or Evil? this is the decider. I don't know we where bored!
Back to top Go down
ourchickenshack
Force Addict
Force Addict
ourchickenshack

PostSubject: Re: Updated Hijacked Weekend Video - EVERYWHERE TO RUN - PART I, II, III & IV   Updated Hijacked Weekend Video - EVERYWHERE TO RUN - PART I, II, III & IV I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 07, 2013 12:06 pm

very cool General Cool 
Back to top Go down
Nico
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Nico

PostSubject: Re: Updated Hijacked Weekend Video - EVERYWHERE TO RUN - PART I, II, III & IV   Updated Hijacked Weekend Video - EVERYWHERE TO RUN - PART I, II, III & IV I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 07, 2013 12:31 pm

Good work General, enjoyed that mate cheers
Back to top Go down
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

PostSubject: Re: Updated Hijacked Weekend Video - EVERYWHERE TO RUN - PART I, II, III & IV   Updated Hijacked Weekend Video - EVERYWHERE TO RUN - PART I, II, III & IV I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 07, 2013 2:30 pm

The first post has now been updated with all four parts Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Updated Hijacked Weekend Video - EVERYWHERE TO RUN - PART I, II, III & IV   Updated Hijacked Weekend Video - EVERYWHERE TO RUN - PART I, II, III & IV I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Updated Hijacked Weekend Video - EVERYWHERE TO RUN - PART I, II, III & IV

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1