The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

How Rare is the R5-D4 with the extra red bar?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
budspencer
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
budspencer

How Rare is the R5-D4 with the extra red bar? Empty
PostSubject: How Rare is the R5-D4 with the extra red bar?   How Rare is the R5-D4 with the extra red bar? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 05, 2013 4:42 pm

Hi folks,

as the topic says... how rare is it?
Back to top Go down
psybertech
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
psybertech

PostSubject: Re: How Rare is the R5-D4 with the extra red bar?   How Rare is the R5-D4 with the extra red bar? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 05, 2013 6:08 pm

I too am curious as to that and even where it originated from.

I fire up eBay at least once a week and see if I can spot one but somewhere after 1000-1400 R5-D4 results, I give up and try again in a week.
Back to top Go down
http://leia.bespin.info/
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: How Rare is the R5-D4 with the extra red bar?   How Rare is the R5-D4 with the extra red bar? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 05, 2013 7:20 pm

I own one, got it off a US collector on RS a few months back. Since then I've spotted 2 others on eBay. I'll point them out next time I see one.
Back to top Go down
arohk
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
arohk

PostSubject: Re: How Rare is the R5-D4 with the extra red bar?   How Rare is the R5-D4 with the extra red bar? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 05, 2013 7:41 pm

Anyone have a photo of one I am courious now what to look for
Back to top Go down
psybertech
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
psybertech

PostSubject: Re: How Rare is the R5-D4 with the extra red bar?   How Rare is the R5-D4 with the extra red bar? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 05, 2013 8:06 pm

Last post in the R5-D4 FOTW thread shows one... I know there are a bunch floating in the Latest Pickups threads as well.

R5-D4 FOTW Thread
Back to top Go down
budspencer
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
budspencer

PostSubject: Re: How Rare is the R5-D4 with the extra red bar?   How Rare is the R5-D4 with the extra red bar? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 05, 2013 8:23 pm

I read that these might be an australian variant but how did they end up in the US? Unless someone moved from there to the US.

so far nobody ( that i know of ) could confirm where this came from and how many were produced...
Back to top Go down
arohk
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
arohk

PostSubject: Re: How Rare is the R5-D4 with the extra red bar?   How Rare is the R5-D4 with the extra red bar? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 05, 2013 10:36 pm

thanks psy for the link will have to check out mine see if there is anything Smile
Back to top Go down
Dark Sith Lord
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dark Sith Lord

PostSubject: Re: How Rare is the R5-D4 with the extra red bar?   How Rare is the R5-D4 with the extra red bar? I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 06, 2013 3:46 am

If anyone has one avaliable I would be seriously interested for my focus! Wink 

As with may of you guys I search on ebay every week and never spot one!
Back to top Go down
kisstour03
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
kisstour03

PostSubject: Re: How Rare is the R5-D4 with the extra red bar?   How Rare is the R5-D4 with the extra red bar? I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 06, 2013 8:27 am

Hmm. When I'm not feeling hot and lazy I'll make the trip upstairs and check mine.
Back to top Go down
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

PostSubject: Re: How Rare is the R5-D4 with the extra red bar?   How Rare is the R5-D4 with the extra red bar? I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 06, 2013 9:20 pm

As far as I'm aware, they are a Kenner variant, this is backed up by the frequency in which they appear for sale in the U.S. and hardly ever any where else (not sure about the OZ connection, AJ might be able to help you with that). I couldn't say what the value would be as I wouldn't know (in this day and age it's hard to say.... what your willing to pay cyclops ) , I think it's safe to say though that this particular variation is much harder to find than the standard version and the best place to look is the U.S. Bizarrely I scored this one in the U.K. for 6 quid, it's faded and the dome is yellowed but who cares!

How Rare is the R5-D4 with the extra red bar? 3a_r5-10

Pat has variations of this with both the shiny chrome and the dull chrome (like the DSD)
Back to top Go down
Dark Sith Lord
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dark Sith Lord

PostSubject: Re: How Rare is the R5-D4 with the extra red bar?   How Rare is the R5-D4 with the extra red bar? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 07, 2013 8:31 am

Great pickup for 6 Quid mate :clap: 
Back to top Go down
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

PostSubject: Re: How Rare is the R5-D4 with the extra red bar?   How Rare is the R5-D4 with the extra red bar? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 07, 2013 8:38 am

Dark Sith Lord wrote:
Great pickup for 6 Quid mate :clap: 

I know! Worst thing was the seller had two R5-D4's for sale and had used the same pic for both! I emailed him asking where they both the same without trying to let too much on, but never got a reply so just bid anyway and didn't really hold out much hope, and then he arrived I was over the moon!

Wish I'd bid on the other as well, you never know!
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: How Rare is the R5-D4 with the extra red bar?   How Rare is the R5-D4 with the extra red bar? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 07, 2013 8:49 am

Think I paid $10 for mine off another forum, I was originally beaten to the R5 figure because someone else brought all the sellers figures as a job lot. However when he received the figures he didn't need an R5 so sold it to me for the same price.

Weather he realised it was a variant I don't know but it made me very happy! Smile

Last edited by walkie on Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: How Rare is the R5-D4 with the extra red bar?   How Rare is the R5-D4 with the extra red bar? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 07, 2013 9:01 am

I think it's just like the moulded leg Han Hoth- originally thought to be rare but with a bit of looking (or a spare set of eyes- thanks again Pat) there are many around.
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: How Rare is the R5-D4 with the extra red bar?   How Rare is the R5-D4 with the extra red bar? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 07, 2013 9:06 am

I just checked mine R5s, and put one more figure on the wish list. Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
Rawlin
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Rawlin

PostSubject: Re: How Rare is the R5-D4 with the extra red bar?   How Rare is the R5-D4 with the extra red bar? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 07, 2013 12:05 pm

None of mine(5) had that extra bar learn something new each day here Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.leksaksdoktorn.se
flycasual
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
flycasual

PostSubject: Re: How Rare is the R5-D4 with the extra red bar?   How Rare is the R5-D4 with the extra red bar? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 07, 2013 6:18 pm

I've seen 3 in the UK over the past few months. Uncommon?
Back to top Go down
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

PostSubject: Re: How Rare is the R5-D4 with the extra red bar?   How Rare is the R5-D4 with the extra red bar? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 07, 2013 6:25 pm

I suppose the best question to ask at this point then is; Anyone got any pics of a card one?

In answer to your question Fly, yes it is uncommon I guess in te U.K. anyway, In the U.S. they turn up quite often. Like AJ said, kind of a Han Hoth molded legs thing, not as rare as it is made out to be, but still quite difficult to find in general.
Back to top Go down
kisstour03
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
kisstour03

PostSubject: Re: How Rare is the R5-D4 with the extra red bar?   How Rare is the R5-D4 with the extra red bar? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 07, 2013 7:25 pm

Finally checked mine. He's "normal". Maybe someday I'll look for this "Red Bar" version.
Back to top Go down
psybertech
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
psybertech

PostSubject: Re: How Rare is the R5-D4 with the extra red bar?   How Rare is the R5-D4 with the extra red bar? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 07, 2013 8:14 pm

I really don't look that often, but when I do, I have yet to see one on ebay US.
When I do, I get a decent search going (boolean'd to filter non-relevant crap), adjust price range and then just look at about 5-10 pages of 200 results per page.
After 5 to 7 pages into a search and after 6 or so times over the past 3 or so months I have found nada... zip... zilch.... zer0.....

I would like to have one and I don't look that often really but I have yet to see one.
Back to top Go down
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

PostSubject: Re: How Rare is the R5-D4 with the extra red bar?   How Rare is the R5-D4 with the extra red bar? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 08, 2013 5:05 am

Last one I saw (I don't look often though) was a link Pat sent me for a lot of about 50 figures, Pat's keen eyes had spied the little red rectangle on the R5 in the pile of figures. cyclops 
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: How Rare is the R5-D4 with the extra red bar?   How Rare is the R5-D4 with the extra red bar? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 09, 2013 5:05 am

Here's mine, just checked my spreadsheet and I paid £10 GBP shipped...

How Rare is the R5-D4 with the extra red bar? J6NZAiS
Back to top Go down
Dark Sith Lord
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dark Sith Lord

PostSubject: Re: How Rare is the R5-D4 with the extra red bar?   How Rare is the R5-D4 with the extra red bar? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 09, 2013 6:37 am

walkie wrote:
Here's mine, just checked my spreadsheet and I paid £10 GBP shipped...

How Rare is the R5-D4 with the extra red bar? J6NZAiS

Nice score Stefan

I will give you £11 now lol! lol! 
Back to top Go down
mr.siftter
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: How Rare is the R5-D4 with the extra red bar?   How Rare is the R5-D4 with the extra red bar? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 12, 2013 11:43 pm

I rarely participate, but since I currently have all my loose figures out, I will check them. Preparing the photo now......
Back to top Go down
mr.siftter
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: How Rare is the R5-D4 with the extra red bar?   How Rare is the R5-D4 with the extra red bar? I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 13, 2013 12:12 am

[url= photo 9945dc83-bd9b-469a-9eab-f35c453f9a0b.jpg[/url]

There are 0/22.

If there are any more threads like this please recommend them so I can contribute. I will only have these out a few more weeks!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How Rare is the R5-D4 with the extra red bar?   How Rare is the R5-D4 with the extra red bar? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How Rare is the R5-D4 with the extra red bar?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next