The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Lumat POTF MOC check

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
jared007
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
jared007

Lumat POTF MOC check    Empty
PostSubject: Lumat POTF MOC check    Lumat POTF MOC check    I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 29, 2013 3:51 am

Hi,

Was hoping I could get some verification on this Lumat POTF MOC I got recently. Main concerns are the flimsy cardback compared to other MOC figures I have and the washed out look on the back.

The bubble is also missing the "weave/waffle" pattern that I prefer to see on carded figures. I noticed on the cardback it has "Made in Mexico". So wondering if that explains what I'm seeing and this is a genuine item?

Lumat POTF MOC check    Img_0814

Lumat POTF MOC check    Img_0815

Lumat POTF MOC check    Img_0816

I researched a bit last night and found some promising signs that it may be genuine:

- Coin has sticky tape "behind" the coin, not over the top which is consistent with a genuine mexican version
- Mexican carded figures are known to be lower quality than other versions

Appreciate any help here.

Thanks, Jared.
Back to top Go down
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

PostSubject: Re: Lumat POTF MOC check    Lumat POTF MOC check    I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 29, 2013 4:36 am

It looks good to me! The traits you have identified are typical of MIM card backs.Very Happy
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Lumat POTF MOC check    Lumat POTF MOC check    I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 29, 2013 10:21 pm

Cardback looks good to me. All lumats were made in mexico and from what I have read are considered lili ledy figures as that is the factory that made all of them.

As for value if you go by recent sales really nice carded figures without bends and major flaws have been around the $55 to $60 range. With the minor waviness and the few creases I can see as well as the yellowed bubble I would guess around $40 to $50.
Back to top Go down
jared007
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
jared007

PostSubject: Re: Lumat POTF MOC check    Lumat POTF MOC check    I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 30, 2013 7:55 am

Thanks for the views on this. I picked this up for a little over 35 euro from the french eBay site. Bit of a language barrier I think, so couldn't really ask many in depth questions and expect replies. Was happy to take the chance for the money I got it for, and even happier it appears legit!

Cheers, Jared.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lumat POTF MOC check    Lumat POTF MOC check    I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lumat POTF MOC check

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1