The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

WTB: Blue Snag, Yak Face, double tele, vinyl jawa etc

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
tristram
Imperial Recruit
Imperial Recruit

WTB: Blue Snag, Yak Face, double tele, vinyl jawa etc Empty
PostSubject: WTB: Blue Snag, Yak Face, double tele, vinyl jawa etc   WTB: Blue Snag, Yak Face, double tele, vinyl jawa etc I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 27, 2013 8:29 pm

Ok, I'm new here, been collecting for awhile (since I was a kid really) and I'm looking to fill some gaps in my collection. Right now I'm wanting to finish off my loose figures set, so I'm in the market for:

- Blue Snag
- Yak Face
- Double Telescope (any character)
- A vinyl Jawa
- Diecast Tie Bomber
- The original first 12 display card

Not after carded stuff, also doesn't have to be the absolute best quality, just pieces that would look good on display (when I eventually get around to displaying my collection, intense negotiations are required with senior management ie wife). Can you guys please first confirm a fair and realistic price for each piece and push me in the right direction of who to deal with. I have an idea of what I'm up for but would like to get a 2nd opinion.

I've attempted to get some on ebay but as I live in Australia most of the auctions finish in the middle of the night.
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: WTB: Blue Snag, Yak Face, double tele, vinyl jawa etc   WTB: Blue Snag, Yak Face, double tele, vinyl jawa etc I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 27, 2013 9:12 pm

Working off ebay completed sale prices, buying with patience
- Blue Snag $100
- Yak Face $150
- Double Telescope (any character) only Luke is 'affordable' $300
- A vinyl Jawa $300
- Diecast Tie Bomber $150
- The original first 12 display card

If you mean like these:
WTB: Blue Snag, Yak Face, double tele, vinyl jawa etc SDC10963
from $2 - $100 each depending on condition & 'Rarity' ie. foreign to US
you could get a similar run to the picture for $100.
Back to top Go down
tristram
Imperial Recruit
Imperial Recruit

PostSubject: Re: WTB: Blue Snag, Yak Face, double tele, vinyl jawa etc   WTB: Blue Snag, Yak Face, double tele, vinyl jawa etc I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 27, 2013 9:34 pm

Sorry James, for some reason I can't see that image, I'm at work which may have some sort of filter in place.

See this link, it's the one piece I'm really unsure of:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-1977-Star-Wars-Original-12-Figures-Early-Birds-Display-Stand-Complete-/181162033842?pt=US_Action_Figures&hash=item2a2e1942b2#ht_843wt_1093

Just the early bird display stand, not the figures. This one I'd like close to minty as possible. The prices you listed seem a little low to what I've seen on ebay lately. From a trusted source for quality pieces I'd be prepared to spend a bit more than that.

Anyone who has this stuff please let me know.

Once I tick these off I'll be going after the vehicles Smile
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: WTB: Blue Snag, Yak Face, double tele, vinyl jawa etc   WTB: Blue Snag, Yak Face, double tele, vinyl jawa etc I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 27, 2013 9:50 pm

You said original card in the first post so James was thinking cardbacks, from the link it looks as though you want an early bird certificate stand. I am guessing James is fairly close on the figures if you find a decent auction and they are all loose. I would highly recommend trying to only buy a graded vinyl jawa unless you want to run a risk of getting a fake. If you buy from the classifieds your better off on that piece as you can then get a loose ungraded with minimal risk, in my opinion. As for the Die Cast bomber James may be a bit low too as I have seen them go a bit higher but it all depends on the auction.
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: WTB: Blue Snag, Yak Face, double tele, vinyl jawa etc   WTB: Blue Snag, Yak Face, double tele, vinyl jawa etc I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 27, 2013 9:58 pm

I'm a proud cheapskate Razz
Back to top Go down
arohk
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
arohk

PostSubject: Re: WTB: Blue Snag, Yak Face, double tele, vinyl jawa etc   WTB: Blue Snag, Yak Face, double tele, vinyl jawa etc I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 27, 2013 11:55 pm

I am still looking for those prize figs as well but I am just a poor collector trying to make my way in the universe of prize collecting Smile
Back to top Go down
tristram
Imperial Recruit
Imperial Recruit

PostSubject: Re: WTB: Blue Snag, Yak Face, double tele, vinyl jawa etc   WTB: Blue Snag, Yak Face, double tele, vinyl jawa etc I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2013 11:59 pm

trappedtexan wrote:
You said original card in the first post so James was thinking cardbacks, from the link it looks as though you want an early bird certificate stand.  I am guessing James is fairly close on the figures if you find a decent auction and they are all loose.  I would highly recommend trying to only buy a graded vinyl jawa unless you want to run a risk of getting a fake.  If you buy from the classifieds your better off on that piece as you can then get a loose ungraded with minimal risk, in my opinion.  As for the Die Cast bomber James may be a bit low too as I have seen them go a bit higher but it all depends on the auction.  

Thanks TT, you're correct. The early bird cert stand. I'm thinking around $1k for a good quality one.

Thanks for the advice with the vinyl jawa, I understand that the current practice is to cut down an Obi-Wan coat and passing it off.

Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: WTB: Blue Snag, Yak Face, double tele, vinyl jawa etc   WTB: Blue Snag, Yak Face, double tele, vinyl jawa etc I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 29, 2013 10:46 pm

For the vinyl cape jawa I think it is more common to see obi wan capes cut down, but there are some that look like the got some vinyl material and have maybe been having them die cut. Usually the obi wans are going to have really bad arm hole tightness (meaning the hole will be larger than common on known examples)
If your planning to buy loose I would be sure to get lots of pics, close enough to see the texture on the cape, and around the armholes. If you have questions after getting those pics throw them up on the chat forum and ask about authenticity to see if it looks good. There is a whole wealth of star wars knowledge in members here and they will be happy to help members learn and get authentic collectibles.

I would bet your right about that early bird stand. I have not researched them much but from the few that sold recently on ebay or are listed on ebay they have been in the $900 plus range. Anyway I am sorry for hyjacking your want to buy thread so I wont hit it again.
Back to top Go down
tristram
Imperial Recruit
Imperial Recruit

PostSubject: Re: WTB: Blue Snag, Yak Face, double tele, vinyl jawa etc   WTB: Blue Snag, Yak Face, double tele, vinyl jawa etc I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 30, 2013 12:31 am

Mate, thank you for posting, you're not hijacking at all, all the help and advice I can get is very much appreciated
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WTB: Blue Snag, Yak Face, double tele, vinyl jawa etc   WTB: Blue Snag, Yak Face, double tele, vinyl jawa etc I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WTB: Blue Snag, Yak Face, double tele, vinyl jawa etc

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1