The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Seller using other seller's images and descriptions

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
psybertech
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
psybertech

Seller using other seller's images and descriptions Empty
PostSubject: Seller using other seller's images and descriptions   Seller using other seller's images and descriptions I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 11:27 am

Hey,

I won't go into all the details of my near month long drama-fest, but I wanted to point this out.

Seller: village-kokiri

This seller has been using other sellers images on their listings and then slightly modifying the description of the original seller's items as well.
I don't know for how long, but his past three MOC figures all used stolen images and descriptions.
Two of the items used 'getitgood's images and details.

I think the only reason the description isn't 100% is that the seller is french, so perhaps it was translated from English to french and then back to English again. (just a guess).

I had a few messages with both village-kokiri and getitgood on this. getitgood warned the guy and was/is aware of the issue. village-kokiri basically stated he used other peoples images since other people did it to him before and that the other pictures he stole were better anyway. He insisted his items were in the same shape as the stolen images and descriptions and that is why he used them.

I bought one of his items before I noticed the blatant theft and called him out on it within a few hours after paying him. Needless to say, he never go to prove it was indeed the same quality item since the item was lost in the mail. frustrated

Anyway......

Just wanted to point this out.

cheers
Back to top Go down
http://leia.bespin.info/
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Seller using other seller's images and descriptions   Seller using other seller's images and descriptions I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 12:48 pm

Psyber that sucks, hope you got a refund on the purchase.  Did you have to file a PayPal dispute or did he refund the money?  Freaking dishonest sellers.dalek
Back to top Go down
psybertech
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
psybertech

PostSubject: Re: Seller using other seller's images and descriptions   Seller using other seller's images and descriptions I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 12:53 pm

trappedtexan wrote:
Psyber that sucks, hope you got a refund on the purchase.  Did you have to file a PayPal dispute or did he refund the money?  Freaking dishonest sellers.dalek
It took forever, it seemed at least, but he offered a refund after eBay opened the case (done automatically if you haven't received it after a certain period and you message a seller with the subject 'haven't received item').
After a few days, he messaged me saying he couldn't refund due to some error when he tried adding funds to Paypal or using the 'refund' button in paypal or eBay... he wasn't very clear..
I escalated it and did win the case, but man, it sucked.
Another round with eBay's case department. Aside from my lost case as a seller, as a buyer, they always seem to rule in the buyers favor.
That is good, but as a seller, that kind of scares the crap out of me!

Back to top Go down
http://leia.bespin.info/
Rawlin
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Rawlin

PostSubject: Re: Seller using other seller's images and descriptions   Seller using other seller's images and descriptions I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 03, 2013 2:36 am

Know what you mean, as a seller it's cold swetting, hoping the buyer is honest, and as a buyer your happy that it's there because there are so many scammer sellers as well.
I've had to use ebays services as well a few times, they say they will never refund but after ebay or paypal steps in it usually get's sorted out fast. Thats why I don't spend much time arguing with sellers anymore. If they don't want to sort it out, I just fill in a case. Don't have time arguing that leads no where.
Was a couple of years ago now though, I bought a Ahsoka cw44 moc and it arrived in a cornflakes box. The moc was ofcours badly damaged, the thin cardboard and a couple of pieces of paper did not protect it. The guy refused to refund so I filled in a case. He said that he took no responcibility for what the post office did and he clearly wrote that in his auction description. After I wrote that it's the sellers responcibility to pack it so that it acctually can survive being shipped across the globe I did get a partial refund which I was ok with.
Back to top Go down
http://www.leksaksdoktorn.se
arohk
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
arohk

PostSubject: Re: Seller using other seller's images and descriptions   Seller using other seller's images and descriptions I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 03, 2013 12:31 pm

so far I have been lucky my transactions have gone pretty smoth had a few issues but upon contacting the seller it was resulved without any truble. I now stick to a few sellers I trust and the people here who I got to know to get the stuff i want.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Seller using other seller's images and descriptions   Seller using other seller's images and descriptions I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Seller using other seller's images and descriptions

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1