The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

psybertech's Star Wars Figures Artwork Limelight

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
psybertech
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
psybertech

psybertech's Star Wars Figures Artwork Limelight Empty
PostSubject: psybertech's Star Wars Figures Artwork Limelight   psybertech's Star Wars Figures Artwork Limelight I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2013 11:53 am

Originally this was just for my photo based figure art but I am expanding a bit and will be showing my sketches (B&W and color) as well.
They will be at the very end of this post.

This post will be kept up to date as best as possible. Smile

I struggle a little calling this artwork but I like it and it relaxes me!

cheers!
Very Happy

NEW FORMAT AUGUST 1 2014
Since the loss of the tool to create nice thumbnails for my stuff quickly, I am trying this new slideshow tool.
You can click through or just hit the album directly right HERE. (which the page itself on Flickr works and looks great!)
But for instant gratification, the embedded slideshow is cool too. Smile

And here is some digital art done with a small Wacom tablet, Photoshop and a ton of layers! Smile

First attempt - I will be completely re-doing this as I get more practice in!

psybertech's Star Wars Figures Artwork Limelight 11965350365_6cd1ea6549

Second attempt - keeping it a little more simple without having to deal with a face for now.
psybertech's Star Wars Figures Artwork Limelight 12120662795_0151dbf3db_b
psybertech's Star Wars Figures Artwork Limelight 12121059454_a5d2e6dc13_b

Cheers and thanks for looking!

Last edited by psybertech on Fri Aug 01, 2014 4:59 pm; edited 39 times in total (Reason for editing : always adding new images : NEW IMAGES will be on the bottom of the post | bumps to thread only when something I thought was pretty cool was added | Flickr set (see my sig) has everything I dump up there)
Back to top Go down
http://leia.bespin.info/
chris.75
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
chris.75

PostSubject: Re: psybertech's Star Wars Figures Artwork Limelight   psybertech's Star Wars Figures Artwork Limelight I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2013 12:23 pm

really nice images Jay, i think they have a kinda 'Pop Art' look to em. I could see your R2 pop up saber, boba fett and luke farm boy working well, repeatedly printed onto a screen print like Andy Warhol's Marilyn artwork. or even as large single canvases. Cool :clap:
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: psybertech's Star Wars Figures Artwork Limelight   psybertech's Star Wars Figures Artwork Limelight I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2013 3:02 pm

Cool you've made an art limelight for your creations, Psyber Cool You've made some cool little figure art pieces there. Good suggestion by Chris to think about some screen prints. For mine I was thinking along these lines too and maybe some postcard prints. Nice work dude cheers
Back to top Go down
psybertech
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
psybertech

PostSubject: Re: psybertech's Star Wars Figures Artwork Limelight   psybertech's Star Wars Figures Artwork Limelight I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2013 3:15 pm

Thanks!!!!! I figured it would be easier to showcase without hijacking the Odd/Weird/Cool thread.

I have given some thoughts to a few things. I will see how they print up and might do something once I create one I think is worthy. Not saying that I don't like what I created already, but something that screams JAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I definitely want something to add to my Luke FB and Leia Bespin foci. Very Happy Possibly small postcard type prints.

I also will be making a Boba Fett shirt for my sister (and probably me too!) from Cafe Press. I might need to create slightly different versions for printing on TShirts to play off the shirt's color... or I just might try them as is. I like custom shirts anyway, but hey, if my sister likes the Fett, maybe there is a small niche market for it???
Who knows.

They are a bit expensive to buy them one at a time (around $32 US) but the one of a kind.limited run is worth it to me at least.

Anyway, it opens up a ton of ideas!!!!!! Coasters, mugs, hats, puzzles......... Rolling Eyes

heheh

Thanks again for the kind words. I hope to get some really neat ones up over the next couple of weeks.

I like the Leia/Stormy pic because of the visible color and contrast but also the character contrast... I was thinking about have a couple more like that... like an Ewok and Barada or Han in Carbonite with Wompa or Death Squad Commander and Lobot. Very Happy I don't know... my mind is a crazy place sometimes.

cheers!!!!!
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ourchickenshack
Force Addict
Force Addict
ourchickenshack

PostSubject: Re: psybertech's Star Wars Figures Artwork Limelight   psybertech's Star Wars Figures Artwork Limelight I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2013 5:45 pm

psybertech wrote:
Thanks!!!!! I figured it would be easier to showcase without hijacking the Odd/Weird/Cool thread.

cool thread Jay cheers

Still would like to see some of your pics posted in the weird/odd thread Very Happy

Maby at least post one or 2 occasionally that you really like after you have had more time to experiment . You can always post links to your art thread too and get more people looking What a Face
Back to top Go down
psybertech
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
psybertech

PostSubject: Re: psybertech's Star Wars Figures Artwork Limelight   psybertech's Star Wars Figures Artwork Limelight I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2013 5:59 pm

ourchickenshack wrote:
psybertech wrote:

cool thread Jay cheers

Still would like to see some of your pics posted in the weird/odd thread Very Happy

Maby at least post one or 2 occasionally that you really like after you have had more time to experiment . You can always post links to your art thread too and get more people looking What a Face
Will do man! What a Face
I just didn't want to keep posting a pic or 2 or 3 every time I made a few... but you can bet your ass I will when I get a batch of cool ones!!!!

I am soooo close to a good formula, but the initial picture is really where it makes the final image look the way I want and that takes the most time to play with
And now I need to decide on a style... clean and slightly less features with more open backgrounds or a little more busy with more detail. I like both, but I want to stick to a style to put together a series.

Anyway... I am very happy people actually commented and like some of these. That definitely helps drive me a bit more.
I really want a cool TShirt!

I wish I had a non-bootleg Imperial Gunner!! I want to do a good one for TIG! Need to start bargain hunting on eBay for a decent loose one. Very Happy

cheers and thanks!
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
M4K3R1
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
M4K3R1

PostSubject: Re: psybertech's Star Wars Figures Artwork Limelight   psybertech's Star Wars Figures Artwork Limelight I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2013 5:44 am

AWESOME. I love this kinda stuff, very unique and looks great.
Bring on the Vader version.Wink
Back to top Go down
psybertech
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
psybertech

PostSubject: Re: psybertech's Star Wars Figures Artwork Limelight   psybertech's Star Wars Figures Artwork Limelight I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2013 12:56 pm

M4K3R1 wrote:
AWESOME. I love this kinda stuff, very unique and looks great.
Bring on the Vader version.Wink

Thanks!

Broken links again.. first post has everything...........

Last edited by psybertech on Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
psybertech
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
psybertech

PostSubject: Re: psybertech's Star Wars Figures Artwork Limelight   psybertech's Star Wars Figures Artwork Limelight I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2013 4:02 pm

OK... As I fine tune the lighting, it opens some neat accents. Still playing, but there are a few in this batch I love!

Smile

Last edited by psybertech on Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
M4K3R1
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
M4K3R1

PostSubject: Re: psybertech's Star Wars Figures Artwork Limelight   psybertech's Star Wars Figures Artwork Limelight I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2013 10:32 pm

NICE. Your new batch turned really well.
Love the Vader.
Back to top Go down
psybertech
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
psybertech

PostSubject: Re: psybertech's Star Wars Figures Artwork Limelight   psybertech's Star Wars Figures Artwork Limelight I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 15, 2013 11:19 am

M4K3R1 wrote:
NICE. Your new batch turned really well.
Love the Vader.
Thanks man!
My next step is to break out the tablet with its Wacom digitizer and stylus and fine tune them all, but I think I pretty much got the process down to where I like things.

After receiving these two guys in the mail and taking pictures anyway, I figured I would psyberfy them. My latest additions to my collection a Takara Windup and a naked Lili Ledy Jawa.
psybertech's Star Wars Figures Artwork Limelight 9051026696_2d0955930c_b
psybertech's Star Wars Figures Artwork Limelight 9048805393_056c437121_n
psybertech's Star Wars Figures Artwork Limelight 9051032068_3050258387_c
psybertech's Star Wars Figures Artwork Limelight 9048799429_8c7afc1df2_c
psybertech's Star Wars Figures Artwork Limelight 9048808745_fa633666a7_c

Last edited by psybertech on Fri Nov 01, 2013 6:50 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
ourchickenshack
Force Addict
Force Addict
ourchickenshack

PostSubject: Re: psybertech's Star Wars Figures Artwork Limelight   psybertech's Star Wars Figures Artwork Limelight I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 15, 2013 12:17 pm

more great pics Jay cheers

I really like the gold accent Takara R2 pic !!
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: psybertech's Star Wars Figures Artwork Limelight   psybertech's Star Wars Figures Artwork Limelight I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 15, 2013 6:01 pm

Nice work, Jay! Very Happy

Must be fun to work on these pics.
Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
Starwizz
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Starwizz

PostSubject: Re: psybertech's Star Wars Figures Artwork Limelight   psybertech's Star Wars Figures Artwork Limelight I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 18, 2013 9:26 am

Great work Jay Smile
love the boba fett with the loose rocket,
Back to top Go down
Nico
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Nico

PostSubject: Re: psybertech's Star Wars Figures Artwork Limelight   psybertech's Star Wars Figures Artwork Limelight I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 18, 2013 1:25 pm

Jay, Quality pics man cheers
All great but really love the Vader mate. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
psybertech
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
psybertech

PostSubject: Re: psybertech's Star Wars Figures Artwork Limelight   psybertech's Star Wars Figures Artwork Limelight I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 18, 2013 3:59 pm

Thanks again everyone!

I am torn on a few styles... mostly the backgrounds.
I like them all for some reason or another, but I want to standardize them.
I like the busy backgrounds with a few hues of colors and the stark crazy lines breaking them up.
I also like little to nothing going on behind the figure.
And then there is the crazy, trippy Tusken Raider's background that really screams to me.
I just don't know if I should commit to one or just let each one dictate its own background.

Anyway... I got my laptop with the digitizer back up and running... just need to fine tune the pen's calibration and see what new directions that can take me.

Thanks and cheers!!!!!!!!
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
psybertech
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
psybertech

PostSubject: Re: psybertech's Star Wars Figures Artwork Limelight   psybertech's Star Wars Figures Artwork Limelight I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2013 3:21 pm

A few new ones that I think came out OK...
I will add these to the bottom of the top post as usual.

psybertech's Star Wars Figures Artwork Limelight 9093314949_59121e1ba1_c
psybertech's Star Wars Figures Artwork Limelight 9095539044_65b269307c_c

Last edited by psybertech on Fri Nov 01, 2013 6:51 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
ourchickenshack
Force Addict
Force Addict
ourchickenshack

PostSubject: Re: psybertech's Star Wars Figures Artwork Limelight   psybertech's Star Wars Figures Artwork Limelight I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2013 5:21 pm

really like the latest pics Jason cheers

The DS Droids and Greedo are frackin awesome :clap:
Back to top Go down
psybertech
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
psybertech

PostSubject: Re: psybertech's Star Wars Figures Artwork Limelight   psybertech's Star Wars Figures Artwork Limelight I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2013 7:36 pm

Thanks!!!

A few more that I liked... I had a bit of fun with Hammertime...... (and a couple more ERGs on my Flickr stream that I not sure if they deserved the 'cut')....

psybertech's Star Wars Figures Artwork Limelight 9097351230_ca3c1d74bb_c
psybertech's Star Wars Figures Artwork Limelight 9095122069_7ccc5b3930_c
psybertech's Star Wars Figures Artwork Limelight 9097351116_ec5e528e8a_c
psybertech's Star Wars Figures Artwork Limelight 9095120689_9741532d26_c

psybertech's Star Wars Figures Artwork Limelight 9095121863_015f4dacc0_c
psybertech's Star Wars Figures Artwork Limelight 9109033285_6edfacdf0c_c
cheers!
Very Happy

Last edited by psybertech on Thu Jul 18, 2013 7:33 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: psybertech's Star Wars Figures Artwork Limelight   psybertech's Star Wars Figures Artwork Limelight I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2013 4:59 pm

they're looking really good, Psyber,

love this ERG duo

psybertech wrote:

psybertech's Star Wars Figures Artwork Limelight 9095121405_0708a84299_c
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
arohk
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
arohk

PostSubject: Re: psybertech's Star Wars Figures Artwork Limelight   psybertech's Star Wars Figures Artwork Limelight I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2013 6:45 pm

Man Psyber very cool looking I love it. it is definitely something I would call artwork that is for sure
Back to top Go down
psybertech
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
psybertech

PostSubject: Re: psybertech's Star Wars Figures Artwork Limelight   psybertech's Star Wars Figures Artwork Limelight I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2013 7:17 pm

Thanks man, I love this one.. I wanted to go a bit darker and a bit macabre and think I might re-do the background a bit more for a better 'bloody' experience.... or I will just leave it be... hahha....
Either way, I like their 'scream' like personas.alien

arohk wrote:
Man Psyber very cool looking I love it. it is definitely something I would call artwork that is for sure
Thank you! each batch teaches me something new... unfortunately it is just teaching me more ways to stray from a constant, so I am not sure if that is a good or bad thing.... lmao Laughing

Anyway...........

thanks everyone!!!!!! I feel encouraged to make more for sure!!!!! Very Happy

cheers!
j

Last edited by psybertech on Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
psybertech
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
psybertech

PostSubject: Re: psybertech's Star Wars Figures Artwork Limelight   psybertech's Star Wars Figures Artwork Limelight I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 23, 2013 9:49 am

I re-did a couple that I just felt fell a tad short for one reason or another.
So here are a few gen2s of them as well as a couple new ones, plus a stab at an Andy Warhol-ish piece at the end.

psybertech's Star Wars Figures Artwork Limelight 9109033285_6edfacdf0c_c
psybertech's Star Wars Figures Artwork Limelight 9111315404_216b920868_c
psybertech's Star Wars Figures Artwork Limelight 9111575510_909a3a1ff0_c
psybertech's Star Wars Figures Artwork Limelight 9110896324_1cac41a5a1_c
psybertech's Star Wars Figures Artwork Limelight 9110632300_7c87be1978_c
psybertech's Star Wars Figures Artwork Limelight 9110983480_22ce31355e_c
psybertech's Star Wars Figures Artwork Limelight 9109220593_d940ae8c87_c

Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: psybertech's Star Wars Figures Artwork Limelight   psybertech's Star Wars Figures Artwork Limelight I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 23, 2013 11:17 am

Wow!! :clap:

Love the ERGs, can you do them on a black background?
Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
psybertech
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
psybertech

PostSubject: Re: psybertech's Star Wars Figures Artwork Limelight   psybertech's Star Wars Figures Artwork Limelight I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 23, 2013 5:45 pm

Dr Dengar wrote:

Wow!! :clap:

Love the ERGs, can you do them on a black background?

Better????

psybertech's Star Wars Figures Artwork Limelight 9118954281_8e19791d14_o
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: psybertech's Star Wars Figures Artwork Limelight   psybertech's Star Wars Figures Artwork Limelight I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

psybertech's Star Wars Figures Artwork Limelight

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next