The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Best and Worst

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Section 8
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Section 8

Best and Worst Empty
PostSubject: Best and Worst   Best and Worst I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 6:00 pm

This has probably been asked before but which common vintage SW figures do think, for whatever reason, are the best and the worst.

For some reason during collecting I've taken a shine toward the wrongly named Zuckuss (Should be 4-Lom). Nice clean silvery grey colour. Holds the large gun well and looks the part. Also not prone to heavy paintloss or loose limbs.

Worst or least favourite would have to be Lobot with his ridiculous rubber glove looking hands and thick mould line.
Back to top Go down
http://www.familytreeman.co.uk
kisstour03
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
kisstour03

Best and Worst Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best and Worst   Best and Worst I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 8:39 pm

Best: IG-88

Worst: Any god damned Ewok. Whatever their names are.
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

Best and Worst Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best and Worst   Best and Worst I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 9:35 pm

kisstour03 wrote:

this is your last warning, bad mouth an Ewok again & you're banned lol!

Best and Worst 3427274553_c1fefd654c
hope you have nightmares tongue
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

Best and Worst Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best and Worst   Best and Worst I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 10:26 pm

I acutally had to think about this!

Best - Emperors Royal Guard. Maybe it's the robes and fact he kicked ass with a stick. I dunno, but he is cool.

Worst - Easy to pick on Ewoks, but there is a lot of ROTJ fodder out there. I'm going with Prune Face. Simply because nobody knew where he even belonged, or if was even a good guy or bad guy. Took me until my 30s to even know where he appeard.
Back to top Go down
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
ourchickenshack
Force Addict
Force Addict
ourchickenshack

Best and Worst Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best and Worst   Best and Worst I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 11:26 pm

It's hard for me to narrow it down to just one for either best or worse thinking

Personal favs for me would be Imperial Gunners & Tie Fighter Pilots but Minty White Stormys and Snowtroopers are way up there too .

Sculpt wise IG-88 is hard to top though ..

worst figures ... probably Lobot , Dengar , Power Droid and I have never liked the Emperor Suspect

Don't know why everyone wants to bash the ewoks , I love the hairy little critters ...

Best and Worst Thcacc10

skewered on a lightsaber and lightly toasted over a nice campfire that is :cool laugh:
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

Best and Worst Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best and Worst   Best and Worst I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 05, 2013 12:12 am

I can't believe no one has said it already but I think the best is fett. In the movie he was easy to kill but a guy with a rocket pack and all kinds of weapons all over, he was always one of my favorites as a kid.

The worst would have to be the rancor keeper. A fat bald shirtless guy who's biggest contribution is to cry over the death of the rancor.
Back to top Go down
eljawa
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
eljawa

Best and Worst Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best and Worst   Best and Worst I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 05, 2013 12:21 am

Great Question. Mind of I go top 3? If you do then ignore my 2nd and 3rd choices.
Best - Luke Jedi (Cape, gun and saber? What a deal!), Han Solo Carbonite (its Han...in Carbonite...), and Hoth Snow Trooper (still looks so villainous and vicious to me).
Ewoks at least can be easy targets for troopers, jumping in to save C3POs gold butt from the occasionally accurate Stormtrooper shot. My vote goes to those who are hard to imagine in playtime battle:
Worst - General Madine (Grey old man and his stupid wand, hes a non-magical Dumbledore), Imperial Dignitary (who doesnt enjoy a good intellectual debate in battle?) and Anakin Skywalker ("That was a close fight. Thanks for the help, Ghost Dad.")
Back to top Go down
Dark Sith Lord
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dark Sith Lord

Best and Worst Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best and Worst   Best and Worst I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 05, 2013 3:55 am

Best - Luke Farmboy Such an iconic figure
Worst - Anakin Little to no playability
Back to top Go down
psybertech
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
psybertech

Best and Worst Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best and Worst   Best and Worst I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 05, 2013 6:18 am

I would have to say.....

Best: surprise, surprise, Leia Organa in Bespin Gown.
That Leia was the first one that looked like a sexy, curvaceous and just simply a pretty looking woman action figure.
Sure the white Princess Leia was kinda pretty and all, but pretty boring looking in her white on white look.
When Leia in her Bespin 'gown' came alone, there was color now. She wore a dress (somewhat), had gold accents on her clothes, a gold necklace and a very fancily patterned vinyl cape.
Then, depending on what of the many, many possible combinations of face paint masks you had, she wore lipstick. Finally throw in a stylish blue blaster that looked like it rocked a large silencer and you end up with a great overall figure. (Even if your slightly older female cousin would always take her away from you to play with and you always lost that tiny ass gun.)

Worst: 3-Way tie here........
Death Star Droid - find me a loose mint one that was ever touched or breathed on by a child. I dare you! Twisted Evil
AT-AT commander - POINTLESS if you didn't own an AT-AT!!!!
Bespin Security Guard (black) - With that stupid leg and arm pose, what the hell could you do with him? What was he doing? Rolling Eyes

Laughing

cheers
Back to top Go down
http://leia.bespin.info/
Stargeezer
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Stargeezer

Best and Worst Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best and Worst   Best and Worst I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 05, 2013 6:36 am

Best would be the Luke Jedi, a lightsaber and a Blaster along with an removable cape.... how can you beat that.

Worst for me is probably General madine with his toothpick. What the hell could you do with him, except having him die first.

I don't know either why people dislike the Ewoks, i like those hairy muffs.

And just because they had some many different figures added much more play value for them.
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

Best and Worst Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best and Worst   Best and Worst I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 05, 2013 6:41 am

Dennis- hairy muff may mean different things in different countries ( maybe not? )
lol!
Back to top Go down
psybertech
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
psybertech

Best and Worst Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best and Worst   Best and Worst I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 05, 2013 6:45 am

aussiejames wrote:
Dennis- hairy muff may mean different things in different countries ( maybe not? )
DEFINITELY means something different here! Shocked affraid Cool

hehe...
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

Best and Worst Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best and Worst   Best and Worst I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 05, 2013 6:50 am

Best - Biker Scout, cool figure, cool armour and gun!

Worst - Imperial Dignity, WTF were you suppose to do with this figure!!
Back to top Go down
Stargeezer
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Stargeezer

Best and Worst Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best and Worst   Best and Worst I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 05, 2013 7:07 am

No no, i am pretty sure it means the same. geek
Back to top Go down
ki4gsz
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
ki4gsz

Best and Worst Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best and Worst   Best and Worst I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 05, 2013 9:11 am

trappedtexan wrote:
The worst would have to be the rancor keeper. A fat bald shirtless guy who's biggest contribution is to cry over the death of the rancor.

HEY!!! I resemble that remark!!!

Best - Tough question - I like the clean lines of the emperors guard, and the detail work they did on tie pilots, at-at drivers, & most of the Stormie Smiley stormies Stormie Smiley (the detail in the new stuff is AMAZING!!)

Worst? Hmmm... is my mother-in-law a figure??? If not, then the cheesy Bossk (Bounty Hunter) & the B-Wing Pilot. Over length arms (that never held the gun right) or featureless pilot? You decide.
Back to top Go down
chris.75
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
chris.75

Best and Worst Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best and Worst   Best and Worst I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 05, 2013 1:09 pm

Best - for me, got to be Vader. You can't fight lightsaber battles without the main villain. Closely followed by Boba Fett, that guy just has the coolest sculpt and pose always looks like he's looking at you with a badass attitude.

Worst - Annakin / imperial dignitary. They look nice on display / dioramas, but no playability at all Sleep

Last edited by chris.75 on Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

Best and Worst Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best and Worst   Best and Worst I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 05, 2013 2:08 pm

Childhood Best - Han Trench Coat (always loved han, and the coat rocks!)
Childhood Worst - Lobot (generally shit figure with a depressing colour scheme and puffy shirt sleeves!)

Favourite Now - Amanaman probably, I just think he looks great!
Worst Now - Lobot (generally shit figure with a depressing colour scheme and puffy shirt sleeves!)

Last edited by General Kahn on Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

Best and Worst Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best and Worst   Best and Worst I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 05, 2013 2:29 pm

Best: TIE Fighter Pilot, a black bad ass who drove me into collecting.

Worst: Han Carbonite. Boring figure, too beefed up, with a strange bull's neck, nothing to do with the movie Han Solo. The only good thing about him is the cool block that was included to cover him. Cool

Best and Worst Vinthancarboniteheadfr

Best and Worst Han+Solo+unfrozen+and+blind
Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

Best and Worst Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best and Worst   Best and Worst I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 05, 2013 4:11 pm

Despite not looking very much like Luke, and having a black visor, one of my best is Luke X-Wing Pilot because he's an iconic character in his orange jump suit and was the first pilot figure in the series Cool

but that said, I would still have to choose Fett as the coolest and best figure Cool

Best and Worst Fet_ta10

distinguished mention: Luke Jedi, Han Hoth, IG88, ERG, C3PO, Biker Scout.

worst.....

sorry any Lobot fans Sad

Best and Worst Star-w10

Back to top Go down
Gorneesh
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Gorneesh

Best and Worst Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best and Worst   Best and Worst I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 05, 2013 5:13 pm

Best - Bossk I just love the sculpt of him and he looks damn cool.
Worst - Ugnaught that apron and little lunch box do nothing for me.
Back to top Go down
psybertech
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
psybertech

Best and Worst Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best and Worst   Best and Worst I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 05, 2013 5:38 pm

Sorry......... What a Face

Back to top Go down
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

Best and Worst Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best and Worst   Best and Worst I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 05, 2013 5:42 pm

psybertech wrote:
Sorry......... What a Face

Cheers Jay! Now I hate him even more!
Back to top Go down
kisstour03
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
kisstour03

Best and Worst Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best and Worst   Best and Worst I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 05, 2013 7:41 pm

aussiejames wrote:
kisstour03 wrote:

this is your last warning, bad mouth an Ewok again & you're banned lol!

Best and Worst 3427274553_c1fefd654c
hope you have nightmares tongue

I still think they suck. lol!
Back to top Go down
psybertech
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
psybertech

Best and Worst Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best and Worst   Best and Worst I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 06, 2013 8:43 am

Did anyone else think this when they see that Ewok picture?
Best and Worst 8963610791_7899413112_o

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Jedi Blueberry
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Jedi Blueberry

Best and Worst Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best and Worst   Best and Worst I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 06, 2013 10:11 am

My favourite are

1/the Stormtrooper. Really an iconc figure to me.

2/and Bossk, This is really the Bounty Hunter I would like not to be hunting me!

The worst one: Imperial dignitary, wtf!!! we need fighters no popes (with no offence to popes of course lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Best and Worst Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best and Worst   Best and Worst I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Best and Worst

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next