The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Partiallly Clear Leia Bespin blaster

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
psybertech
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
psybertech

Partiallly Clear Leia Bespin blaster Empty
PostSubject: Partiallly Clear Leia Bespin blaster   Partiallly Clear Leia Bespin blaster I_icon_minitimeSun May 26, 2013 11:54 am

I give up. Sorry. I could have sworn I just read a topic regarding why some figures' plastic might be swirrled or something similar to that due to injectors being cleaned and perhaps first batches being made from plastic not fully mixed... again, something to that effect. I wanted to re-read it, but can't for the life of me find it.

I ask because I just received this oddity:
Partiallly Clear Leia Bespin blaster 8842886686_4f8967f7b8_o
Partiallly Clear Leia Bespin blaster 8840873963_298f9f2037_o
Partiallly Clear Leia Bespin blaster 8842886818_d30a3faa1c_o
Even without putting it up to a backlight, it is see-through and clear (last picture).

I wanted to re-read the thread I thought I saw to see exactly how something like this would happen.

Can someone point me to it (if I am not imaging it) or possible explain it to me if anyone does know.

cheers! Smile
Back to top Go down
http://leia.bespin.info/
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: Partiallly Clear Leia Bespin blaster   Partiallly Clear Leia Bespin blaster I_icon_minitimeSun May 26, 2013 1:43 pm

Glad that I can help you today, after you helped me with Tiggy's google map yesterday. Very Happy

http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t5827-help-with-ledy-bowcaster
Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
psybertech
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
psybertech

PostSubject: Re: Partiallly Clear Leia Bespin blaster   Partiallly Clear Leia Bespin blaster I_icon_minitimeSun May 26, 2013 1:53 pm

hehe... thanks....
Funny, that thread popped up in my searches and I only looked at them images this time and it didn't ring a bell.
Guess I should have read it. Embarassed

Thanks again.
Back to top Go down
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

PostSubject: Re: Partiallly Clear Leia Bespin blaster   Partiallly Clear Leia Bespin blaster I_icon_minitimeSun May 26, 2013 3:33 pm

I've just posted a a thread in the refeerence section about an odd looking smuggler blaster here, see what you think.
Back to top Go down
budspencer
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
budspencer

PostSubject: Re: Partiallly Clear Leia Bespin blaster   Partiallly Clear Leia Bespin blaster I_icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2013 9:13 pm

Cool piece of Star Wars collecting. I have yet to find any Leia Pistols for my Leia figures....
Back to top Go down
psybertech
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
psybertech

PostSubject: Re: Partiallly Clear Leia Bespin blaster   Partiallly Clear Leia Bespin blaster I_icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 7:16 pm

budspencer wrote:
Cool piece of Star Wars collecting. I have yet to find any Leia Pistols for my Leia figures....
None? I have to say that little sucker is definitely rare and in my opinion, a bit over priced for a loose one without figure, but they are out there.

I am missing 70% of the Leia blasters for my focus and know it will cost a pretty penny to put a blaster in all their hands! And then there is the capes. No

Anyway... I remember you posted a bit back about the difficulty of finding a Bespin Leia with all her gold details still intact and then another thread on ESB figures quality in general... once I get my Leia Bespin focus sorted out over the next month or so, I know I will have a couple extra great LBs with gold intact available. Some paints are so much better and can survie the ages and I have a few dupes already. I will PM you with what I have available at that time. I won't ask much for her if you are interested.

Anyway.......... more to come via PM when I shake it all out.
cheers, Bud!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Partiallly Clear Leia Bespin blaster   Partiallly Clear Leia Bespin blaster I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Partiallly Clear Leia Bespin blaster

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1