The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Return of the childhood Star Wars book!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

Return of the childhood Star Wars book! Empty
PostSubject: Return of the childhood Star Wars book!   Return of the childhood Star Wars book! I_icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 2:04 pm

Value on the Bay..... around 10 dollars
Value to me..... priceless!!!! cheers

While visiting family I helped clear out my mom's loft and found my 1979 childhood SW Question and Answer Book About Space Very Happy I knew I still had this somewhere and was absolutely stoked to find it at last!
I sold all my SW toys as a teenager so it's a real big treat to find something SW from back in the day.
This will now go alongside my Star Wars annual no 1 (lol my only other childhood SW item I have left)

Return of the childhood Star Wars book! Swqand10

Now I remember all the nice (and sometimes quirky) artwork inside - illustrated by David Kawami.

Return of the childhood Star Wars book! Swqand11

Return of the childhood Star Wars book! Swqand12

tongue
Return of the childhood Star Wars book! Swqand13

C3PO: "Oh dear. I say Artoo... I really think you should lay off the moon candy for a while."
Return of the childhood Star Wars book! Swqand14

"Bleep bleep vrooop! Books are cool" Cool
Return of the childhood Star Wars book! Swqand15

anyone else have stories of finding their childhood SW toys/books/games hidden away?

Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: Return of the childhood Star Wars book!   Return of the childhood Star Wars book! I_icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 2:43 pm

I too sold all my Star Wars & Action Force (GI Joe) figures as a teenager.

However whilst cleaning out the loft about 5-6 years ago my mum found a little yellow stick. Yep me childhood luke bespin saber, this is the only item I have left from my childhood collection Sad
Back to top Go down
chris.75
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
chris.75

PostSubject: Re: Return of the childhood Star Wars book!   Return of the childhood Star Wars book! I_icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 3:49 pm

I've always been a bit of a hoarder and looked after my toys quite well as a kid, so actually, the bulk of my collection is still from my childhood Smile I've added a few more playsets and vehicles recently, plus quite a few upgrades and coo/sculpt variants. Including a couple of childhood grail pieces, a three legged R2, droid factory and a blue snaggletooth. The figures i have upgraded i have either sold on ebay or given to my boy to play with, which is great to see him getting the same joy out of them as i did as a kid. cheers Its really great to be able to finally, after all this time, have a space i can display it all quite well and in relative safety from sunlight, humidity and dust.
Back to top Go down
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

PostSubject: Re: Return of the childhood Star Wars book!   Return of the childhood Star Wars book! I_icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 6:40 pm

It's always a happy experience to discover items thought to be long lost. I bet the memories came flooding back Paul.

In the mid 90's, when I got back into collecting, I discovered some moc's in my parents attic that I had forgotten about. They were R2 (sensorscope), R5-D4, 3-PO (Rem limbs) & AT-ST Driver. I purchased them around 1985 for 49p each from Tesco to replace my original ones which had a lot of wear. Unfortunately the cards are somewhat creased, but hey, they are mine from new!
Back to top Go down
dcarty
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
dcarty

PostSubject: Re: Return of the childhood Star Wars book!   Return of the childhood Star Wars book! I_icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 12:09 pm

That's awesome -- I still have my copy too Smile

For me, my favorite was The Star Wars Storybook. I got a hardback copy for my birthday in 1978. I stared at the pictures endlessly and though I tried to take very good care of it I re-read it until it almost started to fall apart. I still have it on the shelf of course with my other Star Wars books. My son recently found my old Escape From the Death Star game that I used to play with my family and we've been playing it now too Smile
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: Return of the childhood Star Wars book!   Return of the childhood Star Wars book! I_icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 2:42 pm

A priceless treasure indeed, Paul! Very Happy

Thanks for sharing and making pics of a few pages, I enjoyed reading them a lot.

Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Return of the childhood Star Wars book!   Return of the childhood Star Wars book! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Return of the childhood Star Wars book!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1