The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

BOGUS RR Ledy Fett!!!!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
oceans11
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner

BOGUS RR Ledy Fett!!!!! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: BOGUS RR Ledy Fett!!!!!   BOGUS RR Ledy Fett!!!!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 18, 2013 2:17 am

Well.. damn, I never expected to show up in a "watch out" thread. I was checking out some other issues and figured I'd drop by TIG as I hadn't been here in a bit and well....

The Lili Ledy Removable Rocket Fett that I posted on Ebay, and then sold, did originate from Luis Galvez at Celebration IV room sales. I was wanting one after his presentation on Lili Ledy items earlier that day and I was thinking of starting a Fett focus. He had a couple at room sales and I opted for the cheaper one of the two that he had; this one having the damaged rocket, paint wear, and loose limbs. The inside rocket pack area is clean and this was not a force pulled rocket. Why the rocket is damaged the way it is, I have absolutely no idea, but the figure does have legit and good provenance.
Anyways, I thank those people that vouched for my credibility as a collector and seller. I value my reputation so it is nice to see people vouching for me.

Don
who realized a Fett focus was way too much of an undertaking and ditched the idea pretty quickly
Back to top Go down
Drakon
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
Drakon

PostSubject: Re: BOGUS RR Ledy Fett!!!!!   BOGUS RR Ledy Fett!!!!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 18, 2013 8:00 am

oceans11 wrote:
Well.. damn, I never expected to show up in a "watch out" thread. I was checking out some other issues and figured I'd drop by TIG as I hadn't been here in a bit and well....

The Lili Ledy Removable Rocket Fett that I posted on Ebay, and then sold, did originate from Luis Galvez at Celebration IV room sales. I was wanting one after his presentation on Lili Ledy items earlier that day and I was thinking of starting a Fett focus. He had a couple at room sales and I opted for the cheaper one of the two that he had; this one having the damaged rocket, paint wear, and loose limbs. The inside rocket pack area is clean and this was not a force pulled rocket. Why the rocket is damaged the way it is, I have absolutely no idea, but the figure does have legit and good provenance.
Anyways, I thank those people that vouched for my credibility as a collector and seller. I value my reputation so it is nice to see people vouching for me.

Don
who realized a Fett focus was way too much of an undertaking and ditched the idea pretty quickly

Sorry Don. I thought you were somebody else.
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: BOGUS RR Ledy Fett!!!!!   BOGUS RR Ledy Fett!!!!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 18, 2013 3:26 pm

Don, I don't know if anyone was saying you we're scamming or anything.  The auction was put up more so it could be verified than anything else.  This watch out thread evolved from the original seller which clear
Y had a tampered with fake, to your auction (more for confirming authenticity than anything), to a really shoddy Mexican bootleg.  It is because of this watch out thread though that we now have the removable rocket fett info added to the ledy discussion so it isn't all bad.  And once James and Steve saw the figure they came to your defense and squashed any worries of this being a scam or anything.
Back to top Go down
oceans11
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner

PostSubject: Re: BOGUS RR Ledy Fett!!!!!   BOGUS RR Ledy Fett!!!!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 19, 2013 2:03 am

I didn't read it that they said I was scamming, so no worries. I just didn't expect to see myself show up in a "watch out" thread. Laughing  Not to worry though, I condone discussion and verification of items, even if it's something that I'm selling.
I mainly wanted to say thanks to James and Steve for vouching for me.

Don
who has learned a thing or two about what to look for on figures from these types of posts.
Back to top Go down
The_Dark_Artist
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
The_Dark_Artist

PostSubject: Re: BOGUS RR Ledy Fett!!!!!   BOGUS RR Ledy Fett!!!!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 19, 2013 12:18 pm

Absolutely Don! You are a TOP notch guy!!!! : )
Steve
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: BOGUS RR Ledy Fett!!!!!   BOGUS RR Ledy Fett!!!!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 19, 2013 5:28 pm

Everything turned out well, some extra free advertising for your auction. I just hoped you got the price you wanted?

Back to top Go down
oceans11
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner

PostSubject: Re: BOGUS RR Ledy Fett!!!!!   BOGUS RR Ledy Fett!!!!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2013 3:31 pm

I think I got a fair price for the figure given it's condition. It was sold off ebay to a respectable member of the forums, so that's even better (as I have absolutely no love for ebay, their increased fees, and how they double ding you with taking money for fees and for Paypal transactions, though they make the buyer pay via paypal.. but this is all a conversation for another post). Sure I would have loved to pull in $1000.00 for the figure, but I realistically knew it wasn't going to get that. Still, a small part of me hoped for a last minute bidding war on this.

All in all it's good because from my few sales,  I raised the money I needed for the purchase I was funding. It was original comic book art, as that is my other vice, uhm, hobby.

Don
who has started work on re-organizing the collection room as it's far too cluttered at the moment.
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: BOGUS RR Ledy Fett!!!!!   BOGUS RR Ledy Fett!!!!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2013 4:02 pm

I'd like to own a RR fett maybe, which was partly why I PM'ed you on RS however the damage was a little too much for me.

But at least the story has a good ending and good luck getting that artwork!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BOGUS RR Ledy Fett!!!!!   BOGUS RR Ledy Fett!!!!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

BOGUS RR Ledy Fett!!!!!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2