The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Black figure trays for vinyl minifig cases

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Paul Armory
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Paul Armory

Black figure trays for vinyl minifig cases Empty
PostSubject: Black figure trays for vinyl minifig cases   Black figure trays for vinyl minifig cases I_icon_minitimeMon May 20, 2013 4:42 pm

I'm looking for insight about the black trays as my title states. Were they a late ANH release? Early ESB release with the ANH artwork? A Canadian release? Or none of the previous? thinking
Back to top Go down
ourchickenshack
Force Addict
Force Addict
ourchickenshack

PostSubject: Re: Black figure trays for vinyl minifig cases   Black figure trays for vinyl minifig cases I_icon_minitimeMon May 20, 2013 5:26 pm

I think they were a Canadian release but not positive . I am sure one of the more knowledgeable guys here will know for sure (and correct me if I'm wrong Very Happy ) .
Back to top Go down
Paul Armory
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Paul Armory

PostSubject: Re: Black figure trays for vinyl minifig cases   Black figure trays for vinyl minifig cases I_icon_minitimeMon May 20, 2013 5:57 pm

SithLord2013 wrote:
I'm looking for insight about the black trays as my title states. Were they a late ANH release? Early ESB release with the ANH artwork? A Canadian release? Or none of the previous? thinking

Ok good, theres a start. Btw glad you and yours are safe Dorothy lmao (inside joke everyone)
Back to top Go down
Commander Clint
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Commander Clint

PostSubject: Re: Black figure trays for vinyl minifig cases   Black figure trays for vinyl minifig cases I_icon_minitimeMon May 20, 2013 7:43 pm

The family and I just got home from a day at the beach. Very Happy I have a couple with black trays and will dig them out of storage tomorrow and have a look.
Back to top Go down
Commander Clint
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Commander Clint

PostSubject: Re: Black figure trays for vinyl minifig cases   Black figure trays for vinyl minifig cases I_icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 4:54 pm

Ok, here is what I have. I picked these 2 ESB Yoda cases up from a Canadian childhood collection. I haven't gotten around to cleaning them yet, so I appologize. What a Face

The case on the left has a flat matte black rough texture finish and comes with black trays. I also have my childhood ESB Yoda case that is the same as this one.

The case on the right has a glossy black smoother texture finish and comes with dark gray trays. I'll try to get some pictures of the regular light gray trays beside this one as well, for comparison.

Other cases that I have:
SW bilingual - light gray trays.
SW - light gray trays
SW / ESB - transition case - light gray trays
ESB Wampa - red trays
ROTJ - red trays

Black figure trays for vinyl minifig cases Dsc06510

Black figure trays for vinyl minifig cases Dsc06511

Black figure trays for vinyl minifig cases Dsc06512

Last edited by Commander Clint on Thu May 23, 2013 9:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Paul Armory
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Paul Armory

PostSubject: Re: Black figure trays for vinyl minifig cases   Black figure trays for vinyl minifig cases I_icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 5:42 pm

Nice Clint nice! Hey didn't you comment on one of my pics a couple months back? A basic comment about me being a fello case collector? Smile
Back to top Go down
Commander Clint
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Commander Clint

PostSubject: Re: Black figure trays for vinyl minifig cases   Black figure trays for vinyl minifig cases I_icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 6:59 pm

SithLord2013 wrote:
Nice Clint nice! Hey didn't you comment on one of my pics a couple months back? A basic comment about me being a fello case collector? Smile

Sorry, I must of missed it or maybe had a few to many drinking2 that night.
I'll try to pay attention. What a Face
Back to top Go down
Paul Armory
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Paul Armory

PostSubject: Re: Black figure trays for vinyl minifig cases   Black figure trays for vinyl minifig cases I_icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 7:52 pm

Commander Clint wrote:
SithLord2013 wrote:

Sorry, I must of missed it or maybe had a few to many drinking2 that night.
I'll try to pay attention. What a Face

Lol thanks for the love Wink Anyway, I do not own the EST Wampa one and didn't realize they had the Red trays like the ROTJ cheers
Back to top Go down
Commander Clint
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Commander Clint

PostSubject: Re: Black figure trays for vinyl minifig cases   Black figure trays for vinyl minifig cases I_icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2013 10:05 am

A new section in the Other Vintage Star Wars Collectables section has been started. cheers

http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t5861-tig-world-of-odd-action-figure-carry-collector-s-cases#97908
Back to top Go down
Commander Clint
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Commander Clint

PostSubject: Re: Black figure trays for vinyl minifig cases   Black figure trays for vinyl minifig cases I_icon_minitimeFri May 24, 2013 3:08 pm

http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t4962-odd-vintage-transition-collectors-case

A thread about another case that we discussed a while back. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Black figure trays for vinyl minifig cases   Black figure trays for vinyl minifig cases I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Black figure trays for vinyl minifig cases

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1