The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Best Collection Awards set for end of May!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

Best Collection Awards set for end of May!!  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best Collection Awards set for end of May!!    Best Collection Awards set for end of May!!  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 07, 2013 9:32 am

Right I've got a couple of weeks to get some pictures done:
http://www.wattosjunkshop.com/BCAindex.html#enter
Back to top Go down
dj121
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Best Collection Awards set for end of May!!    Best Collection Awards set for end of May!!  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2013 10:10 pm

A little more than ONE WEEK for entries! My photos will be uploaded in the next couple days.

Just a reminder to everyone, get those camera batteries changed out, and take some pics!
Back to top Go down
dj121
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Best Collection Awards set for end of May!!    Best Collection Awards set for end of May!!  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 21, 2013 7:49 pm

Entries have been uploaded for myself, and our good friend aussiejames!

Remember all, only a few more days before the deadline! Hurry up and get those pics uploaded!

Back to top Go down
psybertech
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
psybertech

PostSubject: Re: Best Collection Awards set for end of May!!    Best Collection Awards set for end of May!!  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 21, 2013 8:02 pm

I will make it just under the wire.... a few more minor touches on my case, mount it and then ponder ( drinking :bong: )on exactly what figures/pieces to display.

Just curious, on the http://www.wattosjunkshop.com/BCAindex.html#enter page, I see Josh, Ed and JediJim... who's who??? I'm confused a bit on the names, sorry.

cheers!
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://leia.bespin.info/
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: Best Collection Awards set for end of May!!    Best Collection Awards set for end of May!!  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 21, 2013 9:18 pm

They'll be members of Wattos junkpile
Back to top Go down
psybertech
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
psybertech

PostSubject: Re: Best Collection Awards set for end of May!!    Best Collection Awards set for end of May!!  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 21, 2013 9:24 pm

hehe What a Face 
Sorry.. I was looking for AJ or DJ as part of the username. Embarassed 
:run2:
Back to top Go down
dj121
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Best Collection Awards set for end of May!!    Best Collection Awards set for end of May!!  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 26, 2013 1:21 am

LAST CALL!! Final day for entries is TODAY.

Everything MUST be submitted no later than 11:59 PM. As long as you have submitted the email, you should be all set. It may take a day or two to actually see them on the contest page.

Voting polls will be set up after all entries have been received and posted.
Back to top Go down
dj121
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Best Collection Awards set for end of May!!    Best Collection Awards set for end of May!!  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 9:43 pm

WOW!

The 20th round of the Best Collection Awards has come to a close.

Last minute entries for the latest BCA round have all been added, and the voting is set to begin! We had a wonderful turn out yet again as a total of 13 collectors entered for Best Overall Collection and we had 5 Noobs enter for best new collection.

Thank you all for taking the time to participate and make the contest fun and interesting. There are a lot of great photos showing off some amazing collections.

Good luck to all the entries!!
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Best Collection Awards set for end of May!!    Best Collection Awards set for end of May!!  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 12:34 am

A lot of great collections on there.  Enjoyed looking at them all.  I cast my votes, now the waiting game to see who wins.

By the way somebody needs to whip indy Aussijames into shape with a decent figure display.  Hard to see everything when it is boxed up flat. lol!
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: Best Collection Awards set for end of May!!    Best Collection Awards set for end of May!!  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 12:38 am

trappedtexan wrote:

By the way somebody needs to whip indy Aussijames into shape with a decent figure display.  Hard to see everything when it is boxed up flat. lol!
no kidding- been on my to do list for 3 years!!
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Best Collection Awards set for end of May!!    Best Collection Awards set for end of May!!  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 02, 2013 12:18 am

When do the winners get announced? The only date I saw was entry date ended July 26th. I know we have several great TIG guys here who put their stuff up for view. I am just anxious to hear the winners. Good luck and congrats to all.
Back to top Go down
dj121
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Best Collection Awards set for end of May!!    Best Collection Awards set for end of May!!  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 02, 2013 5:11 pm

Voting usually goes for about a week, to try and give those who only log in during the weekends a fair shot to cast a vote.

There are two polls running, one here and one at wattos.

After the polls close, it takes a couple days to submit and count all the votes. I submit the total from here, and one of the other members submits the total from wattos, then within a day or two a winner is announced.
Back to top Go down
dj121
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Best Collection Awards set for end of May!!    Best Collection Awards set for end of May!!  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 09, 2013 7:05 pm

Hear Ye, Hear Ye!!

As of today, Winners have been announced for the Best Collection Awards 20th round!!

Congratulations to the following winners!

Best noob collection WINNER..... psybertech!!!

Best overall collection WINNER..... Jonathan!!!

Thank you for participating and again Congratulations!!!

Prizes are coming from our sponsors, Brian's Toys and Roommates Décor. One of the Staff members will be in contact soon, and your prizes will be sent out ASAP.

Thank you to EVERYONE who took part! Another successful round. If anyone has any ideas for categories, or any suggestions in general about the contest, please feel free to message either myself or anyone from the Best Collection Awards page.
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: Best Collection Awards set for end of May!!    Best Collection Awards set for end of May!!  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 10, 2013 10:01 am

Cheers for the cross forum awards. Looking forward to the next one.
I guarantee my room/collection will still be a mess
Back to top Go down
ki4gsz
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
ki4gsz

PostSubject: Re: Best Collection Awards set for end of May!!    Best Collection Awards set for end of May!!  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 10, 2013 10:01 am

Congratulations to all!
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: Best Collection Awards set for end of May!!    Best Collection Awards set for end of May!!  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 10, 2013 10:24 am

It was close 8 votes to Tashi's 6.
Back to top Go down
dj121
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Best Collection Awards set for end of May!!    Best Collection Awards set for end of May!!  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 10, 2013 11:43 am

aussiejames wrote:
Cheers for the cross forum awards.  Looking forward to the next one.
I guarantee my room/collection will still be a mess
lol! 

AJ, you are not the only one! My room is in need of such a dusting and cleaning it's pathetic! I'm tempted to hire a cute little maid to come clean it once a month!
Back to top Go down
psybertech
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
psybertech

PostSubject: Re: Best Collection Awards set for end of May!!    Best Collection Awards set for end of May!!  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 10, 2013 12:36 pm

Thanks to everyone that voted! bow 
I finally won something!!!! cheers 

So many great collections and pictures from everyone that entered! I am amazed at some of the space dedicated and how cool some of the dioramas were! Very cool stuff! I hope that my collection continues to grow as I grow and learn in this awesome hobby for a long, long time!

Thanks again!

cheers!
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Best Collection Awards set for end of May!!    Best Collection Awards set for end of May!!  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2013 12:33 am

Congrats to Jay and Jonathan for the win.

As for catagories I think I saw before you had a most disorganized collection catagory.......right up AJ's ally.
Do a "one of each type" catagory which would limit entries but we would see some cool stuff. For example John can enter his collection with one of each figure carded on different foreign cardbacks.
Largest collection catagory for loose vintage so Wolff has a spot to enter, and possibly get Lee to enter and show off what I can only assume is a massive collection that might rival Wolff's
Maybe a error catagory so those who collect figures with wrong weapons on card, or figures with wrong limbs, etc.. can have a place to enter.

Just a few ides but I don't know how big it would get. With the TIG guys maybe there can be some more interest in this type of thing. It seemed successful. I wasn't around for the others or when RS was involved but I think a lot of TIG got into this and at least saw it. And John is an awesome owner so I am sure he would ramp it up a bit for you in the future since it was successful this time around.
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Best Collection Awards set for end of May!!    Best Collection Awards set for end of May!!  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2013 5:07 am

Congrats to the winners and thanks BCA for another cool competition.

Couple more suggestions for future categories:
Best vehicle/playset collection
Best photographed toy diorama/scene
Best focus
Best figure variants

Back to top Go down
dj121
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Best Collection Awards set for end of May!!    Best Collection Awards set for end of May!!  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2013 7:26 pm

Thank you for the thoughts, guys! I will pass the suggestions along to the rest of the team.

We have done something similar to diorama/scene in the past, with best re-creation of a movie scene and best free form scene in the past, but with the TIG guys it would be cool to see this make a return!

Vehicle/playset collection would be a lot of fun, too.

Largest collection is not much different than best overall collection, and we just did that, but it may make a return in the future as long as the contest stays strong.

trappedtexan, John took part in the last round, which was the first for both TIG and RS as partners. No one who was an exclusive member to RS even entered, and they spent more time on the forum telling me what the contest was doing wrong, and that if they were to enter they wanted a prize worth 1000.00.

Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Best Collection Awards set for end of May!!    Best Collection Awards set for end of May!!  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 20, 2013 9:46 pm

DJ is this an annual type of thing? I may never get my stuff organized to enter, but I do have a few items I could donate to prizes. Nothing really high dollar as I am a low budget loose collector but I have a few baggie figures laying around as well as a few other things I can think of. Let me know when the next one is and I will be happy to donate to a worthy event. Mine would have to be runner up stuff most likely due to value being like $20 or so.
Back to top Go down
dj121
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Best Collection Awards set for end of May!!    Best Collection Awards set for end of May!!  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 12:19 am

trappedtexan wrote:
DJ is this an annual type of thing?  I may never get my stuff organized to enter, but I do have a few items I could donate to prizes.  Nothing really high dollar as I am a low budget loose collector but I have a few baggie figures laying around as well as a few other things I can think of.  Let me know when the next one is and I will be happy to donate to a worthy event.  Mine would have to be runner up stuff most likely due to value being like $20 or so.  
We have the contest three-four times a year. Each one is open for entries for about 6 weeks, or so if I remember.

I will let you know, and if you would like to donate a prize I'm sure it would be much appreciated. It is getting harder to find sponsors willing to donate. Ript apparel and teefury were both sponsors before, but have declined to donate for the next few months at least. I don't know how willing Brian's Toys is to keep offering up prizes as well. Although with his reputation, one would think he would be more than willing!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best Collection Awards set for end of May!!    Best Collection Awards set for end of May!!  - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Best Collection Awards set for end of May!!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2