The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Oscar Cases a threat to homeland security

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
RebelChris
Force Addict
Force Addict
RebelChris

Oscar Cases a threat to homeland security Empty
PostSubject: Oscar Cases a threat to homeland security   Oscar Cases a threat to homeland security I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 10:37 am

I don't know why I find this so funny, but I got a big shipment from Oscar last night and to my surprise it had been searched by the US Border Patrol.

I guess it was the fact that it's a HUGE box from Mexico. I'm not knocking the fine men and women of the US Border Patrol. I just think it's funny that something meant for 30 year old action figures shot up a red flag. Smile

Oscar Cases a threat to homeland security Box10

And here is what was on the inside.

Oscar Cases a threat to homeland security Acryli10

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
shawn_k
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
shawn_k

PostSubject: Re: Oscar Cases a threat to homeland security   Oscar Cases a threat to homeland security I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 10:41 am

lol! That's great! They thought you were trying to smuggle in some drugs. Very Happy

I'm expecting a case from Oscar some time soon. I wonder if they'll inspect mine too.
Back to top Go down
http://www.powerofthetoys.com
coachk28
Force Addict
Force Addict
coachk28

PostSubject: Re: Oscar Cases a threat to homeland security   Oscar Cases a threat to homeland security I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 11:05 am

Border patrol has watched the movie "Blow" one too many times!!!!!
Back to top Go down
joetxtek
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
joetxtek

PostSubject: Re: Oscar Cases a threat to homeland security   Oscar Cases a threat to homeland security I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 11:09 am

Just to give you an inside look from someone who's family works for the US customs and Border Patrol, it was Customs that opened that package and they have X-ray machines that show shapes inside, if you saw a bunch of little blocks neatly packed into a box and it was your job to find drugs and other stuff you would have to open that package. But that still is pretty funny lol. I bet whoever opened it was thinking they hit something only to see a bunch of clear boxes. I would like to know what they said when they opened it lol.
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: Oscar Cases a threat to homeland security   Oscar Cases a threat to homeland security I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 11:14 am

Lol funny stuff! I wonder as well what they said, does he include an invoice or any paperwork in the box to state " Acrylic case for collectibles" or anything like that?

At least they put them all back in ! Laughing
Back to top Go down
RebelChris
Force Addict
Force Addict
RebelChris

PostSubject: Re: Oscar Cases a threat to homeland security   Oscar Cases a threat to homeland security I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 11:21 am

Yes there were four customs forms written in both English and Spanish. And a couple of descriptions as to what was in the box.

And I really hope I didn't come off as making fun of the Border Patrol/Customs Department. That wasn't my intention. I am totally "pro" law enforcement and especially our fine men and women monitoring our borders.

I just thought it was funny that a bunch of acrylic boxes shot up red flags. And like Joe said, I can only imagine what they thought when it went through the X-Ray machine and even more what their reactions were when they discovered a bunch of acrylic boxes.

The best part is, they packed them back up quite nicely. Smile
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: Oscar Cases a threat to homeland security   Oscar Cases a threat to homeland security I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 11:24 am

Do you do that part of the job Joe? What's the strangest things you have ever seen or heard of being found in a package that was opened Laughing

Actually, I dread to think Shocked
Back to top Go down
Del
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Del

PostSubject: Re: Oscar Cases a threat to homeland security   Oscar Cases a threat to homeland security I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 11:32 am

I remember a few years back i had a parcel from america opened by uk customs.

when i saw the tape on the parcel i bricked myself as it was a box full of baggies and i thought they may of actually opened the baggies. Luckily they never, but i would love to know what the xray looked like to make them open it!

I bet those cases did look pretty suspect, and coming from mexico too lol.
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: Oscar Cases a threat to homeland security   Oscar Cases a threat to homeland security I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 11:34 am

Jason : "Hey Dave , Come help me open this box up"

Dave : "Ok mate lets have a look in here then"

Jason : "WTF is all this crap ..adults buying toys?"

Dave : "Shall we call up a supervisor"

Jason : "No just keep this blokes address on file, looks like a weirdo"
Back to top Go down
joetxtek
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
joetxtek

PostSubject: Re: Oscar Cases a threat to homeland security   Oscar Cases a threat to homeland security I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 11:52 am

Nah I don't do that stuff I don't like to do what everyone else does lol lol!
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: Oscar Cases a threat to homeland security   Oscar Cases a threat to homeland security I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 11:59 am

Joe_O wrote:

Come to think of it - the above has to be better than finding out your customs officer is a Star Wars collector :

Dave " Oh wow a bunch of loose last 17!" YOINK Laughing

Vintage collectors worldwide suddenly wondering why they are receiving completely empty boxes lol!
Back to top Go down
RebelChris
Force Addict
Force Addict
RebelChris

PostSubject: Re: Oscar Cases a threat to homeland security   Oscar Cases a threat to homeland security I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 12:12 pm

Joe_O wrote:
Joe_O wrote:

Come to think of it - the above has to be better than finding out your customs officer is a Star Wars collector :

Dave " Oh wow a bunch of loose last 17!" YOINK Laughing

Vintage collectors worldwide suddenly wondering why they are receiving completely empty boxes lol!

Or why some packages don't reach their destination! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: Oscar Cases a threat to homeland security   Oscar Cases a threat to homeland security I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 12:17 pm

Well... I mean if you are going to steal from people at least send them the packaging as a consolation prize!

I once had an envelope arrive that had the contents stolen from it and whoever stole it had even taped it back up Laughing Luckily nothing Vintage or Star wars!
Back to top Go down
RebelChris
Force Addict
Force Addict
RebelChris

PostSubject: Re: Oscar Cases a threat to homeland security   Oscar Cases a threat to homeland security I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 12:38 pm

Joe_O wrote:
Well... I mean if you are going to steal from people at least send them the packaging as a consolation prize!

I once had an envelope arrive that had the contents stolen from it and whoever stole it had even taped it back up Laughing Luckily nothing Vintage or Star wars!

Just your paycheck, but at least it wasn't vintage!

Very Happy lol! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
coachk28
Force Addict
Force Addict
coachk28

PostSubject: Re: Oscar Cases a threat to homeland security   Oscar Cases a threat to homeland security I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 12:58 pm

Don't worry guys!!!

If any of you get in trouble for "smuggling" in Oscar's Cases... I have a cousin that works for Homeland Security!

Even though she is on a 5 year tour of duty in Thailand... I can have her put in a good word for you!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Oscar Cases a threat to homeland security   Oscar Cases a threat to homeland security I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Oscar Cases a threat to homeland security

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1