The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A HUGE thanks to everyone who helped me!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

A HUGE thanks to everyone who helped me! Empty
PostSubject: A HUGE thanks to everyone who helped me!   A HUGE thanks to everyone who helped me! I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 9:19 am

This goes out to EVERYONE who chipped in for James' present (A DT Luke!), I just got a message from him and I also saw he posted it up in his limelight thread, he seems to be over the moon which is just awesome!

I couldn't have got it organised or paid for without you guys and you all deserve a special mention! List of do gooder names to follow!

Oh and James might chuck on a cheesy grin type photo , well I asked for one Wink haha

This was the "gift" package before it was sent!
A HUGE thanks to everyone who helped me! DTluke3

So special thanks to :

Jay
Shawn
John
Jimmy
Rob
Jason (Sacko)
Mark
Stu
Tim
Chris
Emiel
Chris J
George
Josh
Lee M
Ben Hopkins

And to Chris (Xiskool) for selling us his Early Bird DT Luke!

Last edited by Joe_O on Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: A HUGE thanks to everyone who helped me!   A HUGE thanks to everyone who helped me! I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 9:35 am

I spoke to James via PM this morning and he was totally shocked to find this present ill leave it to James to chime in regarding it though. What i will say im glad as a comunntiy we could do something to help him through what must have been a difficult time.

He actually added a picture to his limelight thread this morning which of course with James photo skills i had to clean it up for him Wink

Here is James' Pic

A HUGE thanks to everyone who helped me! JamesDTLuke
Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: A HUGE thanks to everyone who helped me!   A HUGE thanks to everyone who helped me! I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 9:38 am

I would also like to add a massive Thank You to Joe for organising this and having the time, energy and commitment needed to make it happen well done buddy cheers bow
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: A HUGE thanks to everyone who helped me!   A HUGE thanks to everyone who helped me! I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 9:46 am

"he seems to be over the moon which is just awesome" no seems at all - I AM over the moon. It really was a huge surprise and did cheer me up immensely. Jay I have no idea what a comunntiy is , but I do know I feel at home here Smile It's night time at this end of the world, so you guys can wait till tomorrow for me to have a shave and put my make-up on before you get a cheesy grin picture Razz I hope I didn't miss anyone with the thank you PMs.
Back to top Go down
RebelChris
Force Addict
Force Addict
RebelChris

PostSubject: Re: A HUGE thanks to everyone who helped me!   A HUGE thanks to everyone who helped me! I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 10:25 am

This was definitely a honor to participate in.

Kudos all around to everyone involved. It couldn't have gone to a more deserving person at a more deserving time. This is really a great community to be involved in and this only goes to show that.
Back to top Go down
Del
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Del

PostSubject: Re: A HUGE thanks to everyone who helped me!   A HUGE thanks to everyone who helped me! I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 11:21 am

Guys, what a kind thing to do. I don't know the reasons behind it but i can imagine James was shocked (in a very good way) to recieve this parcel.
It just goes to show what a close forum this is.

Also that Dt looks to be in great condition! which reminds me that i need to pick up the correct luke for my saber!
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: A HUGE thanks to everyone who helped me!   A HUGE thanks to everyone who helped me! I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 11:32 am

Even tough we all like to pick on and crack jokes on each other, when something like this happens to our fellow brother, its good to show them that we really do care about each other in some way. I was more than happy to help out. Like Chris said, it couldn't have went to a better person at a more deserving time.
Back to top Go down
http://alter-egos.forumotion.com/
DarthStanley
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
DarthStanley

PostSubject: Re: A HUGE thanks to everyone who helped me!   A HUGE thanks to everyone who helped me! I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 11:40 am

Chris_J wrote:
Even tough we all like to pick on and crack jokes on each other, when something like this happens to our fellow brother, its good to show them that we really do care about each other in some way. I was more than happy to help out. Like Chris said, it couldn't have went to a better person at a more deserving time.

What Chris said! Cool
Back to top Go down
BatintheBelfry
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
BatintheBelfry

PostSubject: Re: A HUGE thanks to everyone who helped me!   A HUGE thanks to everyone who helped me! I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 12:06 pm

Can't really add anything to what's already been said other than great job by everyone involved, especially Joe. Cool
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/27599624@N00/
sacko
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
sacko

PostSubject: Re: A HUGE thanks to everyone who helped me!   A HUGE thanks to everyone who helped me! I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 2:01 pm

I just wanted to add a huge thank you to Joe for organizing this. I was honored to have the opportunity to contribute. This is a great community with great people and I thank you for allowing me to be part of it Smile.

Thank you again Joe and my best wishes to you James.

Jason
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: A HUGE thanks to everyone who helped me!   A HUGE thanks to everyone who helped me! I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 2:05 pm

DarthStanley wrote:
Chris_J wrote:

What Chris said! Cool

What Mark said Chris said
Back to top Go down
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
The Admiral
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
The Admiral

PostSubject: Re: A HUGE thanks to everyone who helped me!   A HUGE thanks to everyone who helped me! I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 2:28 pm

All the above and then some Smile

Great to be a part of it, i wish i had seen your face when you opened it m8 Wink

Enjoy and well done men for the worthy effort, great job at pulling it off Joe, these are moments that make a forum stand out in the crowd and the community within, stand proud men Smile

As you were!
Back to top Go down
burnsy
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
burnsy

PostSubject: Re: A HUGE thanks to everyone who helped me!   A HUGE thanks to everyone who helped me! I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 2:36 pm

Yeah, as the guys have said...it was good to be able to contribute AJ.

Would love to have seen your face aswell!!

Well done on getting this sorted out Joe, nice one fella.
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: A HUGE thanks to everyone who helped me!   A HUGE thanks to everyone who helped me! I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 3:04 pm

The Admiral wrote:
i wish i had seen your face when you opened it m8 Wink

It probally was a Hallmark moment. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://alter-egos.forumotion.com/
GanjaFett
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
GanjaFett

PostSubject: Re: A HUGE thanks to everyone who helped me!   A HUGE thanks to everyone who helped me! I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 1:06 am

wow, what a awesome bunch of dudes. James is one of the nicest guys I've met in this hobby and he sure has a bunch of caring friends. kudos, I wish I had been as thoughtful. this is really a close community you have here.
Back to top Go down
Tank1252
Force Addict
Force Addict
Tank1252

PostSubject: Re: A HUGE thanks to everyone who helped me!   A HUGE thanks to everyone who helped me! I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 6:03 am

Nice.
Top guys. :clap:
Back to top Go down
jimmymindtricks
Force Addict
Force Addict
jimmymindtricks

PostSubject: Re: A HUGE thanks to everyone who helped me!   A HUGE thanks to everyone who helped me! I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 8:14 am

anytime james , and thanks to joe , for setting this up , also big up to all others that have helped
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: A HUGE thanks to everyone who helped me!   A HUGE thanks to everyone who helped me! I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 7:13 am

"Oh and James might chuck on a cheesy grin type photo "
How about a picture of two things that make me smile
A HUGE thanks to everyone who helped me! SDC11407
Back to top Go down
The Admiral
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
The Admiral

PostSubject: Re: A HUGE thanks to everyone who helped me!   A HUGE thanks to everyone who helped me! I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 7:29 am

Haha nice one James Smile

I still wanna see that mug of yours grinning with Luke in your hand tho Wink
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: A HUGE thanks to everyone who helped me!   A HUGE thanks to everyone who helped me! I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 7:37 am

Haha you don't get off that easy Wink

Although that is a cracking picture, good thing junior was asleep or you might have had a 3, 4 or 5 part saber within 1 minute Laughing
Back to top Go down
sacko
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
sacko

PostSubject: Re: A HUGE thanks to everyone who helped me!   A HUGE thanks to everyone who helped me! I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 10:34 am

Joe_O wrote:
Haha you don't get off that easy Wink

Although that is a cracking picture, good thing junior was asleep or you might have had a 3, 4 or 5 part saber within 1 minute Laughing

I thought the same thing looking at those little hands Smile. What a fantastic picture James!

Jason
Back to top Go down
Hyver
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Hyver

PostSubject: Re: A HUGE thanks to everyone who helped me!   A HUGE thanks to everyone who helped me! I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 10:40 am

oh boy, this whole thing somehow completely passed under my radar

but the sympathies are the same, mate!

and i take my hat off in the most sincere way to all of you who did this.. wow!
Back to top Go down
http://www.hyverkanda.be
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: A HUGE thanks to everyone who helped me!   A HUGE thanks to everyone who helped me! I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 11:00 am

I feel I should post to say sorry to those that have messaged me and asked why they didn't know about it or expressed interest in helping if they had known - My apologies, I pulled it together in just a few days after hearing about James' loss in his family and as such probably didn't get as many PM's out as I could have, I also didn't want to badger people into donating money that might not have wanted to so I simply pm'd some people I 100% knew were good friends of James and also the TIG team, I did ask people to ask around and see who was interested but it was done also with a certain level of secrecy as I didn't want the surprise to get out before James got his present.

Hopefully no-one is too mad and if anything it shows just how many of you are prepared to help out one of your friends!

Appreciate the kind offers of help from everyone even if you didn't get in on this gift for James its nice to know so many of you were prepared to help out if you had known.
Back to top Go down
The Admiral
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
The Admiral

PostSubject: Re: A HUGE thanks to everyone who helped me!   A HUGE thanks to everyone who helped me! I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 11:40 am

Of course Joe, i have also had people asking me why they hadnt been informed, dont worry guys no-one thinks any less of you just read what Joe has typed, we know loads of you would have been involved given the chance, the good news is - James (and the rest of us) know you all care Smile

Now lets demand that mugshot Smile
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: A HUGE thanks to everyone who helped me!   A HUGE thanks to everyone who helped me! I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 11:43 am

The Admiral wrote:

Now lets demand that mugshot Smile

cheers We need to see a smile James help us out fella ! cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A HUGE thanks to everyone who helped me!   A HUGE thanks to everyone who helped me! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A HUGE thanks to everyone who helped me!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next