The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

REPRO seller on ebay - layon1

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

REPRO seller on ebay - layon1 Empty
PostSubject: REPRO seller on ebay - layon1   REPRO seller on ebay - layon1 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 7:52 am

Guys check these out.....

I know some have been reported already like the x-wing canopy's but his listings claim matching colours, flexible like the originals, this guys feedback is 100+ and 99% of it is reproduction parts, is he making them??

REPRO seller on ebay - layon1 KzahbXT REPRO seller on ebay - layon1 HfSsToS

VINTAGE STAR WARS SPEEDER BIKE REPLACEMENT FLAP x2 + LASER GUN

REPRO seller on ebay - layon1 XOd6knG REPRO seller on ebay - layon1 OQAqlos

VINTAGE STAR WARS REPLACEMENT X-WING CANOPY / COCKPIT

REPRO seller on ebay - layon1 WebnAQv REPRO seller on ebay - layon1 PCXM1nG

VINTAGE STAR WARS REPLACEMENT X-WING DARK CANOPY / COCKPIT

REPRO seller on ebay - layon1 MXgAf2e REPRO seller on ebay - layon1 FzG8Jcc

VINTAGE STAR WARS AT-AT REPLACEMENT CHIN GUNS

REPRO seller on ebay - layon1 LoVHbGE REPRO seller on ebay - layon1 DeX5cVw

VINTAGE STAR WARS REPLACEMENT TAUN TAUN REINS
"Hardness and flexibility as the original one"

REPRO seller on ebay - layon1 SaqceLd REPRO seller on ebay - layon1 HIddtae

VINTAGE STAR WARS REPLACEMENT DEWBACK REINS
"Hardness and flexibility as the original one"

REPRO seller on ebay - layon1 LZBQTdz

VINTAGE STAR WARS REPLACEMENT X-WING LASER CANNON

Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: REPRO seller on ebay - layon1   REPRO seller on ebay - layon1 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 9:26 am

I had a couple of 'chats' with him & I am still not sure if he is the 'manufacturer'
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t4125-more-reproduction-parts
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: REPRO seller on ebay - layon1   REPRO seller on ebay - layon1 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 9:56 am

Just read your post, looks like a replicated a lot of the info, however he has the endor forest ranger cannons, has anyone seen these anywhere?
Back to top Go down
chris.75
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
chris.75

PostSubject: Re: REPRO seller on ebay - layon1   REPRO seller on ebay - layon1 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 1:02 pm

Damn, all of those repros look really authentic Crying or Very sad why can't these a#!?holes mark them with an 'R' when manufacturing?!! At least then its our choice whether we want repro crap in our collections. That way at least nobody is being being ripped off Evil or Very Mad At least 'revalveit has finally got round to marking his new DT sabers.
Back to top Go down
AussieFortuna
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
AussieFortuna

PostSubject: Re: REPRO seller on ebay - layon1   REPRO seller on ebay - layon1 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2013 1:30 am

Once again the repro detective stef comes through with the goods, i honestly believe it wont be long till we see full mini rigs and x-wings being repro'd, all this stuff is just the tip of the iceburg, nice work Stef.
Back to top Go down
yeah-sus
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
yeah-sus

PostSubject: Re: REPRO seller on ebay - layon1   REPRO seller on ebay - layon1 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2013 2:40 am

Thanks for watching our backs stefan
Back to top Go down
dg678
New User
New User

PostSubject: Ripped off?   REPRO seller on ebay - layon1 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2016 2:57 pm

Listen, all of you OCD retards.  Nobody gets ripped off buying repro stuff.  It just lets normal people like me have a complete looking item in their collection so we don't have to spend hundreds of dollars for a fucking piece of "authentic" plastic from a con-artist.  You're all just angry that you can't tell real from repro most of the time anymore.  At least most of the sellers are honest.  Not one that I've seen is trying to pass off their stuff as authentic and if you say different, you're full of shit.  So go polich your UV resistant bullet-proof glass display case that probably has lots of repro stuff in it, unbeknownst to you while me and my kids play with my AT-AT Walker with the repro chin guns. Bunch of fucking crazy nerds.

AJ edit:
REPRO seller on ebay - layon1 Monkey_window_licker
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: REPRO seller on ebay - layon1   REPRO seller on ebay - layon1 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2016 3:16 pm

dg678 wrote:
Listen, all of you OCD retards.  Nobody gets ripped off buying repro stuff.  It just lets normal people like me have a complete looking item in their collection so we don't have to spend hundreds of dollars for a fucking piece of "authentic" plastic from a con-artist.  You're all just angry that you can't tell real from repro most of the time anymore.  At least most of the sellers are honest.  Not one that I've seen is trying to pass off their stuff as authentic and if you say different, you're full of shit.  So go polich your UV resistant bullet-proof glass display case that probably has lots of repro stuff in it, unbeknownst to you while me and my kids play with my AT-AT Walker with the repro chin guns. Bunch of fucking crazy nerds.

It would seem we have the seller online thinking
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: REPRO seller on ebay - layon1   REPRO seller on ebay - layon1 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2016 7:16 pm

TIG: KNOCK KNOCK

DG678: WHO'S THERE?

TIG: NOT YOU ANYMORE DOUCHE PICKLE

Back to top Go down
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: REPRO seller on ebay - layon1   REPRO seller on ebay - layon1 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2016 7:19 pm

BTW This guy posted out of Orleans, Canada in case anyone knows of a scammer in that area
Back to top Go down
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: REPRO seller on ebay - layon1   REPRO seller on ebay - layon1 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2016 7:24 pm

cheers This is what gets me. These idiots who support reproduction stuff say they want something because it is what they had as a kid or they can't afford the real thing or they can't find the real thing.......the plastic you just bought is not the same as you had as a kid. This stuff that is newly made doesn't feel the same nor have the same properties. As for th can't afford the real thing, well I can't afford the huge mansion or ranch home or whatever but if I can make one out of cardboard and plywood should I be proud of it and show it off when the first big wind comes and knocks it down. As far as the can't find it right now, well that is why we collect right? If everything was obtainable at this instant the collection would be complete and then we wouldn't be collecting we would just be someone who has a collection.

Regardless of the reasoning for them to want reproductions, we don't want them nor condone them and we don't come to you and cuss you out over it so we don't want you coming to us and cussing us out over it.
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: REPRO seller on ebay - layon1   REPRO seller on ebay - layon1 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2016 11:17 pm

It is not the first time we've had Morley Robertson 'visit' us. No change- he is still a ignorant monkey. "Not one that I've seen is trying to pass off their stuff as authentic and if you say different, you're full of shit. " obviously blind as well.
Back to top Go down
Mike_Z
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Mike_Z

PostSubject: Re: REPRO seller on ebay - layon1   REPRO seller on ebay - layon1 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2016 10:34 am

dg678 wrote:

lol!

OCD retards? I feel extremely sorry for your children.

Your old lady should hand you a blow-job from time to time... might help you relax a bit.
Back to top Go down
Lobotic
Developer
Developer
Lobotic

PostSubject: Re: REPRO seller on ebay - layon1   REPRO seller on ebay - layon1 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2016 3:55 pm

He was obviously a massive fan of star wars lol or just a massive ballbag. I vote for the latter. And I bet his mums not happy that he swore.. lol!

Last edited by Lobotic on Fri May 06, 2016 4:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
streeter22
New User
New User

PostSubject: let me say lol   REPRO seller on ebay - layon1 I_icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2016 10:50 pm

you know i read the blogs here its intresting..the things thats said some people hate repos..some people like them..and some sellers shoud say they repos are add marks to the item to show its repo are change it around so it cant be sold as real..now looking at both sides i can understand each side really its a persons preference what they want..example some body says oh repos suck cant buy the reals dont collect ..well my answer to that is if your rich guy and can afford thousands of dollors for toys then be glade to sell you my authentic graded collection of for all graded no repos 1300 figures all graded 88 or better coins ships no repos..so if you want my collection its for sale at around $70,000 so rich guy that dont want repos make me offer if you collet real heres your chance to buy real ..ive been collecting for 20 years..so when you cant find anything..after 20 years if you need a repo then its not bad to have a repo cause 20 years collecting i still havent got all that has been made simply cause i cant find it and 20 years is a long time so if its a repo for your collection..thats up to that person selling or buying it..for me i have enough star wars items unless i find a unique real item i want..now im collecting old gi joes and 40s and 50s toys..but to all buyers be carefull cause there are people that will sale fake and say its real..
just my 2 cents worth hahaha Laughing
Back to top Go down
CorporateSlave
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer

PostSubject: Re: REPRO seller on ebay - layon1   REPRO seller on ebay - layon1 I_icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2016 4:06 pm

streeter22 wrote:
you know i read the blogs here its intresting..the things thats said some people hate repos..some people like them..and some sellers shoud say they repos are add marks to the item to show its repo are change it around so it cant be sold as real..now looking at both sides i can understand each side really its a persons preference what they want..example some body says oh repos suck cant buy the reals dont collect ..well my answer to that is if your rich guy and can afford thousands of dollors for toys then be glade to sell you my authentic  graded collection of for all graded no repos 1300 figures all graded 88 or better coins ships no repos..so if you want my collection its for sale at around $70,000 so rich guy that dont want repos make me offer if you collet real heres your chance to buy real ..ive been collecting for 20 years..so when you cant find anything..after 20 years if you need a repo then its not bad to have a repo cause 20 years collecting i still havent got all that has been made simply cause i cant find it and 20 years is a long time so if its a repo for your collection..thats up to that person selling or buying it..for me i have enough star wars items unless i find a unique real item i want..now im collecting old gi joes and 40s and 50s toys..but to all buyers be carefull cause there are people that will sale fake and say its real..
just my 2 cents worth hahaha Laughing

Well, a delightful stream of consciousness for your first post here, but I suppose we can assume that is most likely due to being written on a mobile device.

The trouble with repros (well, the main trouble), is just that last bit.  I doubt anyone would care about repros much if they were all 100% impossible to pass off as the real deal (say, all cast in bare metal or something).  But the argument that some can't afford the real deal and want a cheap replica hardly leads in any way, shape, or form to the argument that repros aren't harming anyone.  A tiny mark denoting reproduction is a poor excuse for b.s. "honesty."  If I start printing repro hunnit dollah billz, with a little "R" on the back somewhere...even if I sell them as "100% novelty" you think anyone would be defending me (besides my attorney)?  Maybe people just want to take a bath in bundles of 100's but don't have the cash, what's the harm, I tell people they are fake!  Well, the first people who I sell them to anyway.

Don't like that analogy because it involves official currency?  How about "repro" gold bars then?  Same argument could apply...I like the look of 100 kg of gold bars in my room, makes me feel rich although I can't afford them.  Granted, they are just gold enamel covered lead, with a little 'R' stamped on the bottom next to the .9999 pure mark, and I market them as reproduction, so it should be all cool right?  

Vintage Star Wars toys are items of a (currently high) market value.  Making fakes with a tiny, often easily concealed marking and them releasing them into the wild...you know full well what's going to happen down the line, even if you state they are "honest" counterfeits.  Washing your hands of it with a simple "caveat emptor" blanked statement pushes the limits of business ethics past the breaking point.  Besides we have nothing but your word to go on that you don't have another account/persona/business that passes the same items off as real...and if you have no compunction about making increasingly better and more convincing fakes for the marketplace, I must say your word carries very little weight.

I get it that if your point of view is that my desires matter who cares what happens to anyone else, I get how you can be having a hard time coming to grips with the fact that collectors who hate repro items don't just fear them in their own collections, but despise the harm they do to the hobby as a whole, particularly in cheating newer, less experienced collectors. Could you repro lovers at least just be truly honest and say, hey I know they will harm someone down the road, but it isn't going to be me so I don't really care, I just want my cheap toy-look-alikes?  We still won't respect you or like your repro crap, but at least you don't have to sound like such a buffoon discussing them.  Just an inconsiderate d-bag.
Back to top Go down
Lobotic
Developer
Developer
Lobotic

PostSubject: Re: REPRO seller on ebay - layon1   REPRO seller on ebay - layon1 I_icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2016 4:12 pm

As above.....
Back to top Go down
darthmatt22
Developer
Developer
darthmatt22

PostSubject: Re: REPRO seller on ebay - layon1   REPRO seller on ebay - layon1 I_icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2016 4:33 pm

It comes down to not only honesty but also how much people really do the research on what they're selling and their advertisement of said item.

If you have a trusted seller that goes out of their way to prove items are original/ vintage and not repro (i.e. float test, bend test, zip test, whatever) with the appropriate item, then you usually have no problem. Even if you were to message them and double check, their responses will be kind (and legit).

On the other hand, you have sellers that immediately get defensive about their items when you call them out to be a (possible) repro. If they're not repro, then why react this way? You're throwing up a huge red flag my way.

If that weren't enough, it gets worse -- You'll see MANY sellers on eBay write a description such as:

"Luke Skywalker (Farmboy) Vintage -- MINT condtion, SEE PICS!! 100% VINTAGE FIGURE"
"Shipping and handling is <      > -- Figure comes shipped in box with ziploc baggie <      >
Please see my other auctions and ask me about combined shipping! I've been selling collections of Vintage Star Wars for years and years.. it all started when...
Best vintage figures on eBay! Bar none! Ask anybody!"

(THEN, at the very bottom of their paragraphs and paragraphs of feedback and life story)

"weapon is repro"

Why? If you weren't trying to get one over on someone, then why advertise this way?
Back to top Go down
Lobotic
Developer
Developer
Lobotic

PostSubject: Re: REPRO seller on ebay - layon1   REPRO seller on ebay - layon1 I_icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2016 5:41 pm

As above

Last edited by Lobotic on Thu May 05, 2016 7:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: REPRO seller on ebay - layon1   REPRO seller on ebay - layon1 I_icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2016 6:33 pm

Here is the bottom line. We don't like reproductions and we don't want them in our collections here. Since this thread was originally about a seller of such and has been bumped way way way after the original post, I am going to lock this one down.

Also to address something just for future reference.
Reproduction literally means copy or close enough copy to pass as original. This is not to be confused with custom which would mean a close likeness. For example a molded weapon is a reproduction if the weapon existed in the vintage line. Placing a Luke Jedi head on a Luke poncho body and then adding a helmet would be a custom, it is close to original likeness but was never released this way so is not going to be confused with an original.
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: REPRO seller on ebay - layon1   REPRO seller on ebay - layon1 I_icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2016 6:44 pm

Was initially going to lock this down but after further thought we know the members here won't support reproduction and that if you came here with that mindset you probably won't make friends very quick. Wink

Back to top Go down
Lobotic
Developer
Developer
Lobotic

PostSubject: Re: REPRO seller on ebay - layon1   REPRO seller on ebay - layon1 I_icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2016 7:57 pm

I just edited my last post, it sounded like I support repros and just to clarify I dont and never will. I enjoy the hunt for genuine vintage and that to me is what its all about. Otherwise whats the point. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: REPRO seller on ebay - layon1   REPRO seller on ebay - layon1 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

REPRO seller on ebay - layon1

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1